Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Sounds like a fabulous weekend Tipp - and all fingers crossed your son is ok and the test comes back negative.

We all need a break from the constant thinking about food, weighing food, reading recipes malarky from time to time!

Unfortunately his test came back positive, he has covid. He had 3 tests over the weekend and because only the third one is positive they have ruled us all out as close contacts. Once he knew his girlfriend was a close contact he didn't come home. His dog knows something is up and is pining for him. He said they both feel fine but I have told him not to be a hero and call the doctor if he feels the slightest bit sick. He is a heavy smoker and when he gets a chest infection is really bad. I will be totally on edge now for the next 2 weeks worrying about him especially as he isn't here and will downplay how he is.

Oh hun sorry to hear that, all fingers crossed he recovers soon. Men are funny creatures when they are sick, eh? xxx

I'm so sorry about your son. The advice is if he gets worse or symptoms last longer than seven days, call NHS 111.

Here is the covid 111 onliine: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19

Please tell him there is increased risk of blood clots so don't ignore odd pains in limbs. My bro in law had Covid and a clot in his leg last April - and was slow in telling his GP despite the fact BIL is actually a doctor. Symptoms of a blood clot include throbbing or cramping pain, swelling, redness and warmth in a leg or arm or sudden breathlessness, sharp chest pain (may be worse when you breathe in) and a cough or coughing up blood. It's urgent to get help then.

I hope it's OK with you I'm sharing this with you - it's just men don't always take action when they should. Hopefully his GF will start feeling better and can loo after him.

Thanks both. Ali we are in Ireland 🇮🇪 so those numbers wont be much use to us but thanks for the thought 👍.
Another crazy busy day at work and exhausted after it. Wearing a mask all day at my desk is making me very tired.

I haven't been posting much but wanted to let you all know that I am catching up on all your stories and cheering you all on even though I haven't been commenting on them. Work has been so busy and I spend so much time looking at a screen that I am too tired to do so when not at work.

I dont think i showed you this weeks table yet. It was inspired by Liquorice Allsorts. Not a great pic but if you look at the botton right you will see each plate has a teeny bonbon dish of Allsorts and surprisingly only one has been eaten

View media item 4923

Im having fun doing this, i am changing it every weekend and still have lots of ideas. Its like having a new christmas tree each weekend. And its almost all things i already have in the house or using my very old stash of fabric to make.
I have a large cloth in the washing machine for this weekend. It was bought on a spanish beach years ago. The theme this weekend is Spice

Sorry about your son Tipp. If it's any consolation and it probably isn't I had Covid with severe asthma and kidney failure and have lived to tell the tale. I hope he's better soon xx

Loving the table settings and look forward to pics of the Spice theme!

I really love the different ways people use their creativity - a friend of mine has started making pics with different colouredsand and absolutely loves it :).

I've no idea why minimins has stopped notifying me of your thread updates, I thought you'd just taken a break and was popping in to say hello. Sorry to hear there is covid on the go in your family, I hope all recover well and quickly.

Table looks lovely as always and now I want Liquorice Allsorts!

Thanks Mary, next week hopefully is the Gurdrunsjoden fabric I posted on Insta. I changed the needle on the sewing machine and got it working over the weekend. It seems to have been a faulty needle.

Thanks Susie, yes I do enjoy creativity and look for new ways to express it. This combines sewing, gardening, cooking all together. It uses up all those boxes of random gifts that are stored away and I am finally working my way through my fabric stash some of which is 20 years old.

Yes Chilli, we have all been nibbling on the liquorice now and I don't know how many years it is since I have had any.

Thanks Ladybird. He says he is fine, just very bad headaches. We collected shopping for them and I've cooked meals for them and dropped it over to his girlfriends garden. They are trying to self isolate upstairs in her house and her Mum is downstairs so they are trying to avoid using the kitchen.

Haven't weighed in this weekend at all, I haven't even made an effort. I've had too much on my mind to even think about it. Husband had an insect bite on his leg which got very bad and half his calf was swollen. He wouldn't listen to me about what to do and went to the GP on Friday ( instead of dealing with it last Sunday when it happened).He was told it was a severe allergic reaction and given tablets and cream for it. He woke up in the middle of the night screaming in pain, he appeared to be allergic to the cream, his whole leg was covered in blisters. Washed that off and had a video call with a private clinic on Saturday. They couldn't give him an appointment until Sunday but said he needed to see someone straight away. Got an emergency appointment with a local after hours service. It had become infected and has advanced to cellulitis. He is now on antibiotics and antihistamine and using an antibiotic/cortisone cream. The exact same cream I gave him the day he got the bite when I told him to use it and take an antihistamine. 7 days later and 3 medical professionals and he has ended up with the same advice🙄

Anyway, I am starting this week trying to stay positive. Lunch is made for today, it's a dry chicken curry. And after that I don't know.

Chat later.

I'm using my tablet and the actual photo is on my phone so hopefully this works.
This weeks table is Indian spice. It actually looks really nice in the evening with all the candles lighting but doesn't photograph well in that light.

That table setting is stunning - how on earth do you do the overhead shots? I had visions of you hanging precariously from the ceiling LOL.

Sorry to hear your OH has cellulitis, it's so painful! if the pain gets worse get some Tramadol, it's the only thing that gave me any relief.

oh dear I hope your OH is better soon as well! you do have a lot going on this week.

Table is beautiful, I love the candle holder in particular.

He seems to be a bit better and following the advice of two doctors and a chemist...finally. The blistering seems to have stopped but it is still very large, very red and very angry looking.

Ah, the overhead shot. Quite a few people have asked me how I do that particularly as I am very short. One friend even thought I used a drone😀. But no, it is simple architecture. The room is double height and I am standing upstairs looking down at it, simples🤣

I've just started the day with 2 slices of sourdough bread, not good. I'm going to try to just get myself under control this week and see where I go from there.

Good news here, we are finally opening up after the longest lockdown known ever. We now have freedom to travel anywhere but still huge restrictions on how many people can meet up. Non essential shops open by appointment only but hoping all open as usual next week. I have an appointment with one quite posh shop Thursday evening after work. It is not somewhere I would normally shop but I have a gift voucher for it to be used. So going with an appointment means the shop won't be packed and I have a 50 minute browse in peace. It is a very expensive department store and I don't think my €100 will go very far. I've priced 4 side plates at €56 so 12 are out of my range. I will probably end up with toiletries or jewellery. Hairdressers open, just impossible to get an appointment. No news yet on restaurants and pubs. But hotels should be available for staycations. We are looking at taking a 4 day break somewhere in September. I need to get me to a beach and get sand under my feet and salt air in my lungs.

That's me for this morning, off to work now, another crazy day and with so many emergencys I'm not getting vital time sensitive work done. The atmosphere yesterday was quite bad, not a good way to start the week.

just remember Tipperary you are one person and you can only do your best.

Glad to hear that Mr Tipp is on the mend.

Hope work is better today Tipp.

Oh i just love the idea of having a department store to myself!!! Beyond excited for you for tonight and do please report back on what you get for yourself :).

Know what you mean about sea air, I thank my lucky stars I live at the coast - it always uplifts me when I get to my favourite spot overlooking Blast Beach and just chill.

Back