Tipperary wobbles into 2024

In bed now, thankfully I am physically exhausted and not just mentally wrecked. I really feel the better emotionally for having done the swimming.
Food today good, had no morning snack and lunch at 2:30pm. Roasted chicken and green beans with lots of garlic butter. Then had one digestive. Dinner at 6:30 was meatballs and mashed cauliflower with some cheese. I've had a glass of chilled sherry and two squares of dark chocolate. I thought the swimming would make me hungry but it hasn't, in fact the thought of heavy food makes me naseous. My arms feel the swim much more today than yesterday. Plan is to go again tomorrow and then after that Mon to Thurs if possible. Friday lunchtime is spent grocery shopping so I can get home earlier on Friday and then not have to drive to town again over the weekend.

Morning, I have finally caught up with everyone's threads, I may not have posted on them all but I have read them all. You have been a busy lot. Awake since about 5:30am but I was in bed by 10pm so no surprise. I am hoping my swimming togs are dry to pack so I can swim again today. I need to get two new pairs to rotate and the ones I have are almost see through at this stage and need to be thrown out. I do have a new (well purchased 3 years ago but still have tags on ) pair but in a size smaller and not there yet.
I was planning on intermittent fasting, it suits and once I get about 2' days into it it is no struggle at all. But was concerned about fitting it around the swimming. I normally eat my first meal around 12:30 and second about 6:30. But was swimming at 1:15. So Wednesday I had cracottes and Philadelphia at 11am thinking I would need it. Yesterday I just didn't bother and didn't have my first meal until 2:30pm. I wasn't hungry and am much more comfortable swimming on a totally empty stomach. So if I can keep that up I will. My stomach also seems to be less bloated today, that's going from crappy carb to sort of keto.
Ive been wearing baggy clothes this week for two reasons. The weather is warmer and I didn't want restrictive waistbands and tight legs etc. But also I need something easy to tear off at the pool and throw back on over a half wet body. So it's been long baggy summer dresses or loose trousers and tunics. A total cover up. Hopefully if I tone up a bit and get some sort of shape to my body I can get some not quite as baggy maxi dresses. They are work suitable, simple to throw on and legs don't need to be perfectly groomed🤭
I am a very Humpty Dumpty shape, my fattest part is upper abdomen just under the boob line so I don't like anything too figure fitting. So things that hang from my boobs and just go out from there. I have two more figure fitting jersey dresses I would like to wear soon enough. Right now my shape and style (and hair) is very Miriam Margoyles and believe it or not she is actually taller than me😂

Last edited:
Meals today, I have meatballs and mashed cauliflower for lunch at work after swimming. More meatballs and green beans for after work if I want or I also made a chicken and vegetable soup yesterday with the carcass for stock. I might try to shape the remaining cauliflower into patties and fry like hash browns. I don't like cauliflower rice at all. I steamed the cauliflower yesterday and then mashed it with a little cream, garlic butter and some cheese. It tastes fine and just what was needed to soak some of the meatball sauce.

I bought new knickers in Dunne's Stores as all my big ones are a sludgy grey and all my lacy ones baggy. I also got about 6 new string tops as was putting a clean one on after swimming so getting through two a day. So plan for this weekend is a wardrobe clear out. Not the hanging clothes but those on racks and in drawers. Underwear, string tops. T shirts, leggings, joggers, that sort of thing. I'm sure lots need to be thrown out. I wore them to bits all last summer as I was working from home.

You're off to a flying re-start Tipperary! Plans all sound good, and pushing your first meal back to 2.30 gives you a smaller window of eating/ larger fasting window so that may well help too.

I'll get to the pool eventually lol

Happy to report that all my stats and my ticker are now correct again, a small overnight loss has the gain all gone now.
So am hoping to be back recording losses from next week.
My arms are now feeling the exercise from the pool. I'm hoping it will get rid of some of my back fat, you know that bit that hangs over the ack of your bra. I reckon I have 2 summer dresses that will fit if that moves.

Last edited:
I'm with you on the need to lose back fat mine is like a second set of boobs lol.

Well done on getting back to where you were, it's not easy, you're doing fab!

Thanks, I really do feel good from the swimming and so glad i renewed my membership as I was missing swimming so much

Wow, page 200 of posts. Thats a lot of waffling

Anyway, sitting in the polytunnel with a cup of peppermint tea. Listening to all the bees buzzing and planning all the jobs that need to be done for the day. A little bit of tidying in the kitchen, some more wardrobe clearing and lots to be done in the garden. I'll start outside i think as husband is still asleep.
I have 3 bin bags full from the clearout i started yesterday. Winter scarves, old swimsuits, t shjrts and string tops, knickers, bras, leggings, tracksuits and even a pair of salopettes i got for winter gardening. All cleared out. If it was stained or faded or ripped or didnt fit it went. I still need to go through the shelves now. Nightwear, summer clothes, jumpers and cardigans.
I wore one of the jersey maxi dresses yesterday. Its fits ok and its 10 years old. A good purchase from Wallis. I wore it with a string top under it as my cleavage would have been obscene in it
It does rather emphasise my big upper abdomen but i have now decided sure what the hell, its there so why keep trying to hide it. And the more its in my face the more i will be encouraged to get rid of it. 😂

I did some online window shopping yesterday and have my eye on a dress from Desigual (that and Gudruns Joden are my two favourite clothing companies). Its actually a Christian Lacroix design. As they are a Spanish company their sizing is quite small so even for XL i need to drop a bit of weight. And then probably cut a foot off the lenght for short me😂.

This is why I like to make my own lol, at our heights the length is never right and often the sleeves, and the waist is often too low as well!

it's great having a clear out, makes your find things you forgot you had and just everything becomes easier to find. I'm the same about dresses, I keep looking at patterns and thinking... that won't look good on me probably. But I've also decided to just make em, and wear em. I don't care anymore really, everyone has their own insecurities and really people don't scrutinise others nearly as much as they do themselves. I barely notice what others are wearing unless they ask me to look lol.

Have a nice Sunday :)

Brilliant bit of life laundry there Tipp - I love having a good clear out, think it's so liberating for the mind as well as making space for new stuff :).

How did the cauli patties turn out?

I didn't add anything extra to them, just shaped into patties and fried, they were ok. I had thought of adding egg and coconut flour to them but then didn't bother.

It ended up being 8 bags to go, 4 in the car for the charity shop, 3 in the bin and one all t shirts for husband as polishing rags. When a t shirt gets ripped or stained I tend to buy a new one but don't bother throwing the old one out. Sometimes I use the old t shirts to make bunting as the fabric doesn't fray so no need for hemming. But I think all of these are mostly black ones and white ones so won't bother.
I washed the 3 maxi dresses I have (all different years from Wallis petite range) and found the little shrugs that go with them so might wear them this week. I've lots of options for work now.
I'm still waiting on an order to arrive from H&M. Black linen trousers, black linen shirt, long black maxi dress and flowery runners. I was hoping to wear the trousers for work this week.
In bed now, it was a long day in the garden and I even managed to get a small but of sun, I also got a lot of nettle stings and my arms feel like they are "fizzing"now. It's the best word I can think of to describe it, more intense than a tingle but not quite like pins and needles.

Morning all 🙋 and welcome to a new week. The sun is already high here and the day warm. We had warm weather all weekend but no sun, so of course on a Monday morning it has to be glorious out.
Small gain this morning after the weekend which is normal. Also not in the least surprising as for three nights in a row I have had bread and cheese for dinner. One night as a treat is excusable but not three.And I really felt it last night. I was so bloated and full of wind and uncomfortable. In fact when I lay on my left size it was like I was lying on a pair of bellows and squeezing them.
Plan for today, shower and work, just some peppermint tea for breakfast. Swim booked for 1:15pm and I have meatballs, cauliflower and green beans packed for lunch. I have 2 more of them in the freezer for meals later this week. And then I think dinner will be breaded fish, avocado and salad leaves.
That's all for now I think, chat later.

What a brilliant catch up read, Tipp. As your colleague said fair f@cking play to you - and motivational to me. Must dig out my swim suit!

Thanks Ali and Chilli. Went swimming again today and i thought it would be an effort but it wasnt. Its great getting out during my lunchbreak to do it, its like im using stolen time rather than it eating into my own free time. I thought my muscles would complain a bit today but they didnt. Im not doing a huge amount, just 20 lenghts swimming and 2 walking to cool down. I dont get to use the jacuzzi and no time for pampering afterwards, barely a rinse and nearly dry and throw my clothes back on and back to work to clock in by 2. Im finding it hard though to eat my lunch at the desk afterwards, if it was a sandwich it would work but meatballs and cauliflower isnt quite as snackable. I barely ate half today. Dinner this evening was breaded chicken (no not keto but a better option than some i could have), salad leaves with olive oil and grilled courgette. The salad and courgette both from the garden. Same again is ready for tomorrow's work lunch.
The H&M order will arrive tomorrow and then i reckon i am sorted for work clothes for the summer and autumn. The black trousers will just replace what leggings did for the winter. With mix and match i will have enough interchangeable outfits to see me through (including my old dresses) When i started last November i had nothing work suitable to wear and think i begrudgingly bought 3 outfits. And because i was so covid conscious i was washing things at 90 degrees, understandably they have not lasted.
Anyway, in bed now and hoping unoffical weigh in tomorrow is good to me. My wobbly belly feels a bit flatter but thats cos the bloating has gone. And my wobbly arms do feel like they have had exercise but it will take quite a while before I see any measurement changes.
Talk tomorrow.

Weekend gain still here but i KNOW it will be gone tomorrow 👍

Back