Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Tha ls Violet, i am pondering and what you said.

Well an increase this morning and quite a large one. It had been creeping up all week without me really paying much attention and then a big jump this morning so im about 2 kg over this morning from where i was. I know i wasnt behaved on Friday and Saturday but thought i was on Sunday. I havent slept great though so that may have added to it. Also i ate earlier yesterday than normal and ended up having 3 meals rather than 2. I just have to be careful the next few days. Ive been adding chia seeds to my water, maybe i should leave that till after lunch as it could be affecting my fast. Swimming booked for lunchtime everyday workday this week though I usually only make it 4 of the 5 days.
Chat later

4 swims a week is still great stuff Tipp. Hope you manage to lose the gain.

Thanks Chilli, I just have to pay attention to what I'm am doing

That's it - one meal, one day, one swim at time. You'll reverse it fast and be back on track.

Attention is such a useful concept. For me, it's keeping sustained attention after a lifetime of stopping & starting. We have our own regimes that work now - so it's that sustained attenton that will enable your swimmer to swim through the seas to her beach.

Morning all. Things not the best here. My hip is completely kaput and I'm having to use a crutch to move about. I just can't put any weight on it at all. I've called the doctor and waiting on an appointment. I'm working from home today so can sit on the couch with the laptop and my leg up.was very bad on Thursday so used the crutch on Friday and it felt better. Stayed lying down all day Saturday. Went shopping with husband on Sunday thinking it was OK and couldn't make it from the car to the door, had to hang onto a trolley. Went to work yesterday on the crutch but by then even sitting was painful. Lots to do at work and thankfully I can do it at home today. And take breaks as I need.
Chat later

oh, Tipp. l am so sorry. So hard to think when you are in pain.

Got a call from the consultant. He can give me an appointment in 12 weeks time😠. This is a private consultant in a private clinic, I'm so furious (and in pain). Husband is driving me to a private insurance walk in clinic tomorrow. Got lots of work done today from home, so glad that we have the facility to do that. And will see how the rest of the week goes.

Thanks. They saw me first thing and did an x ray. I've to go back this evening to see the Ortho consultant. But it does seem the pain is as I thought, coming from the tear in my hip. Which is what the original ED doctor said 2 years ago and not either of the 2 consultants I've seen since have said. But I'm a terrible patient in a way. They gave me a prescription for painkillers and anti inflammatories. I asked what was in the painkillers and he said codeine. That gives me a blinding headache so he scribbled that off and said stick with paracetamol. And I can't swallow the anti inflammatories and it specifically says don't chew or break so haven't taken them.

How miserable. Sending you love and healing.

maybe ask the pharmacy if you can have the anti-inflamatories in a different form? different manufacturers make different types, maybe capsules rather than tablets.

Sorry it's so tough at the minute :(

Shocked that they were going to make you wait 12 weeks when private!

Oh love I'm so sorry you're having this awful pain from the tear! You need to get some painkillers that you are able to take, because the pain in the area will continue to stress it (and you) out. I'm on Tramadol and paracetemol for RLS, and am tolerating them fine, even though the first is a hefty opiate.

Big hugs xx

Oh love I'm so sorry you're having this awful pain from the tear! You need to get some painkillers that you are able to take, because the pain in the area will continue to stress it (and you) out. I'm on Tramadol and paracetemol for RLS, and am tolerating them fine, even though the first is a hefty opiate.

Big hugs xx
Tramadol is great. I find it most effective and I find the opiate effects are when used unnecessarily but when in pain you don’t get woopy or anything

Thanks all. Saw the Ortho guy, he thinks it is a tear and I've to get a special MRI with dye inserted. 7 week waiting list for that. I'm taking paracetamol but only as needed. If I just rest and stay lying down it doesn't hurt . Once I'm up and on it for any length of time it gets sore. The angle of my car seat and office chair aggravate it so I'm going to get a wedge cushion for them, well after I check if the angles can be changed. He says swimming is OK so booking the pool for next week, I haven't been this week at all.
Haven't weighed in at all this week, I'm sure I'm up a huge bit, I've been eating random food at random times and had no activity at all. Will wait till tomorrow to weigh in.
I've tomato soup made for today, that's the last of the homegrown tomatoes used. So might stick to soup, egg mayonaisse and salad leaves today.

I'm back, I decided to brave the scales I'm a kilo up on my official posted weight. Not as bad as I thought and lower than I was at the beginning of the week. Feeling positive that I can shift it this week with lots of water and some swimming. Though I had lots of bread and toast yesterday and that won't hit the scale until tomorrow.
I've been adding chia seeds to water to add fibre and minerals to my diet. I drink it through the morning. I'm wondering is that breaking my fast as I don't each between about 7pm and 2pm. Dinner through to lunch, just skip breakfast and lunch is after my swim. I fast for the good things it does for blood sugars and don't want to mess that up, any thoughts. It's two teaspoons of seeds in 500ml of water

l just looked up chia seeds. They could break yr fast - dependng on how much yr spoonfuls weigh. According to the BBC, a handful of chia seeds (25g) contains approximately:

• 122 kcal/508KJ
  • 4.1g proten
  • 2g carbohydrates
  • 8.6g fibre
  • 7g fat
  • 158mg calcium
  • 84mg magnesium
  • 93mg iron
  • 15mg zinc
  • 68mg manganese

Thanks Ali, it's two teaspoons so easily less than 10g,I must weigh them.

Back