Tipperary wobbles into 2024

mmm soup sounds good. Might go rake about the freezer and see what soupy stuff I have and make a pot :D
Its cold and I need a warm hug in a mug (already maxed out on coffee for the next few hours :rotflmao: )

Yep the soup was great. I had 2 bowlfuls at 11am and darling husband did the same. Then at 2pm I had a chicken Kiev and baby spinach fried in butter. For dinner I had one of the prepared sausage casseroles with broccoli and green beans at 6.30pm. I also had 4 mugs green tea, 2 mugs peppermint tea, 2 squares 90% dark chocolate and 2 litres water. Ideally I would be having two meals a day but for a start today wasn't too bad. I was also conscious of not pushing myself too hard after the vaccines. I've discovered I have swollen glands and assuming that's my body fighting them so I've taken paracetamol and will keep an eye on it.
In bed now exhausted but got loads done. I have four rooms clean and tidy and all cobwebs dusted, two of the decorated for Xmas. I know it's still a bit early but I only get a chance to do it at the weekend and it will take me at least 2 to get it done.
I'm not going to start back at swimming tomorrow, giving my glands a chance to go down.

Morning 🌄 Went to bed at 930p and after chatting with ye fell asleep and didn't really stir until 4 am, that's over 6 hours uninterrupted sleep...a miracle. Been dozing since then and proper awake now but not up yet.
Glands still swollen but no worse,I've just taken paracetamol now. I have the pumpkin cottage pie for lunch and it's a large portion. I'd love to make it until 1pm before I eat but if it's 12 or earlier then so be it. I may have it in two lots. Dinner this evening I think maybe egg and salad and ai cured ham...hmmm will think about that.
I need to pop out at lunchtime and get some lights for the Xmas tree. Over the years I have built up a random collection replacing bits as others fail. I'm fed up having to plug in 5 small sets of lights for one tree so going to get one decent set. Rule of thumb seems to be 100 lights per foot of tree, well our tree is 12 feet so that's a LOT of lights. I've also seen some fake eucalyptus branches which I think would be a great base to add some of our own greenery too for a table centre piece.
Chat later

let the NO alcohol games commence lol

Sounds like you're getting back on track Tipp, good on ya, great to hear the MRI isn't so far away now too, I hope treatment follows soon after.

I was brought up christmas decs up 2 weeks before christmas, but mostly as long as it's December I'll pop them up whenever I've time. Last year I put ours up early by my standards in Nov as our village started an event to cheer everyone up. As we weren't allowed our usual street event when the christmas lights were turned on, Lots of us all put our decs up and turned on our lights all at the same time. It was 'light up the village' lol. Anyway my son is away from Friday night and home from school on Tuesday which is last day of Nov, so I'm thinking I might put ours up then as a little surprise for him.

Back to the food, it all sounds yummy. Do you add anything to the pumpkin mash? would butternut squash do much the same?

Love pumpkin mash, has a nice rich flavour mmm.

Sorry the glands are still misbehaving - I still felt a it woozy yesterday and that was four days after my booster.

Have fun shopping, and get me some Christmas lights too please :).

I would so beat you all in the no alcohol games since I don't drink 😆

I'm still in xmas denial but I did buy a cute ornament for my sis in law. Shes going to be a gran for the 2nd time in a few weeks so found an adorable wooden snowflake for space for a photo. Thought a wee pic of the new baby and her other grandson together would be lovely :D

We do a thing for xmas where, since the kids were little, we bought a new ornament each every year. tree is kinda full but when they decide to leave home, they take their ones with them and have a tree full of memories to start them off with.

You guys all need to get better asap <3

December 8th was the traditional day all over Ireland for the decorations, its a Holy Day and was in times past a day off work. We also called it the farmers shopping day as they all headed to the cities to buy presents. Now however Christmas starts with The Late Late Toy show which is on this Friday. Families like to have the decorations up by then, kids stay up late in pyjamas and have a party and watch it so the house needs to be sorted by thwn. Its a HUGE thing here.
Had lunch at 1.30 and wasnt madly hungry so happy with that though i am hungry now.
I bought two sets of 600 lights but they didnt have any of the eucalyptus left

Back to the food, it all sounds yummy. Do you add anything to the pumpkin mash? would butternut squash do much the same?
Butter and some cheese added to it. I use it as its lower carb than potato, im sure butternut squash would be similar but ive no idea of the carb value. My head is saying slightly higher than pumpkin as its more dense but i dont know.

Last edited:
Day over and in bed now sucking on a square of the dark chocolate to free my mouth of the taste of paracetamol. The swollen gland hasn't gone down and is tender to!touch but I have no signs or symptoms of infection anywhere else or reactions to the jabs.
Day ended food wise, 5 mugs peppermint tea ( I must being green tea to work), 2 litres water,one of the 500ml bottles had teaspoon chia seed. Lunch at 1.30 was the pumpkin cottage pie, dinner at 7pm was the last of the mashed pumpkin, about a tablespoon with an egg cracked on top of it and baked, 2 slices of ham and fried buttered spinach. And that's me done for the day. Fasting was about 17.5 or 18 hours, happy with that and it took no effort.
Chat tomorrow

Morning, awake and refreshed now but it's too early to get up, I hate the dark and I don't want to wake the house. I slept well enough, the weather has gotten colder and the bedroom now is just at the right temperature where you want to snuggle under the quilt without waking up too hot and kicking everything off or needing to hang one foot out of the bed to cool down😅. Low carb also helps me with body temperature.
I was expecting a whoosh on the scale this morning but my body never got the memo🙄, I've had a teeny loss though and am just under 4 kilos over my stats. I'm not changing them up, it's encouragement to get back to them.
I know from experience that diet will prevent me putting on weight but that realistically the only weight I loose with it is internal digestive weight. That for me to properly loose any I need to exercise. I need to get regular swim sessions but waiting to be 100% sure I'm done fighting whatever infection my body thinks I have. I'm taking paracetamol even though I don't feel I need it, if this gland hasn't sorted itself by Monday I will ring the GP.
Plan for today is work and home....the usual. Lunch is either pumpkin cottage pie or sausage casserole with the green veg, I'm not sure which I have left in the fridge. I think I'd like some chicken for dinner and want to make soup but not sure what one yet, I think more brothy that whizzed up but who knows.
Chat later

3 mugs green tea down already. Plus 500ml water through the night and with morning supplements. Echinacea, magnesium, vit c and zinc, vit d and a detox shot which i think is mostly artichoke and nettle.
Ive also been to pee three times😂 and hope traffic is light so i can get to the office in time⌚👍😭

Thanks chilli, just about
I was saying in the office by 11am i had about 6 mugs green tea but am sure i peed out about 12😂

• Haha
Reactions: GLL
Hi all, in bed again and sucking on the dark chocolate, that's the second square I've had today. Wasn't as easy today as yesterday and I did get quite hungry at 11am so had 2 cracottes with garlic roule. That didn't satisfy so had my lunch at 12.20 which turned out to be the sausage casserole. So an overnight fast of about 16 hours. Altogether the days food was
7 mugs of green or mint tea
2 liters water 500ml of which has teaspoon of chia seeds
4 cracottes with butter or ham
Sausage casserole with green beans and broccoli
Half chicken breast with coleslaw and some smoked mozzarella
2 squares 90% dark chocolate

I stopped at Tesco to get chicken and veg and saw the smoked mozzarella, I've never seen it before so tried it. It's OK, it does have a nice smoky taste but it seems that maybe it is more processed to start with than the mozzarella I would normally get,or maybe that's just the result of the smoking process. I never understand when I look at keto recipes, particularly American ones, that say add shredded/grated mozzarella. Proper mozzarella can't be shredded or grated you can barely even slice it you just tear it apart.
I wanted to make soup so cheated with that and bought a bag of chopped soup vegetables. Threw into a pot with water, salt, pepper, a chopped chicken breast and some chopped chorizo. It's still nice and chunky and will take that to work tomorrow in case I get the 11o clock munchies. Then it's pumpkin cottage pie for lunch and who knows what for dinner, maybe more soup and an omelette.

Tipperary 2 wine 0

Today is Wineless Wednesday

Tipperary 3 wine 0

But I most likely will have a glass of wine tomorrow night. I'm working from home on Friday so might chill a bit tomorrow evening.

Fingers crossed for the scale in the morning, I hope the cracottes didn't mess up too much

Morning, awake early again. I might actually get up and do my ironing, not sure what to wear to work but regardless it needs to be ironed. My new work "uniform" for the winter is a short dress, pair of black tights and boots. Then a scarf or cardigan as needed. I'm finding floaty or waistless dresses more comfortable than trousers and more office appropriate than leggings. Not that anyone would mind if I wore them.
Think I've changed my mind re lunch, I will keep the cottage pie for dinner, easy to heat and I will be home a bit later. Take two lots of soup with me along with the last bit of cooked chicken breast, them some ham, coleslaw and cheese. That selection will be perfect whatever time I eat.
Waiting to " go to the bathroom" before I weigh in, I'm hoping for a nice drop this morning. I know it's only internal weight and daily weighing doesn't mean much but it really keeps me motivated.
Will take my supplements again, I've run out of some or close to it so have an order due from boots. Slept well again last night and we all know how important that is when trying to lose weight. Though I was so tired I forgot to take my paracetamol,glad I'm awake early so I can take it now and hopefully be alert foe a busy morning at work. Sometimes it does make me tired and yesterday by 4pm I was falling asleep at work.
Chat later

Me again and the scales was good to me. It's amazing how effective just cutting out all the cr@p is. I am realistic and know it's not fat I have lost. Abdominal bloating has gone down, next is to reduce the bloating around my neck and chin and make it easier to sleep without snoring.
Ironing done and today's dress chosen. It's actually a linen one about 7 years old and I fear it doesn't have a lot of life left in it, it's worn out under the arms. Three or four wears max left in it, it can't be repaired as it's not a seam gone but the fabric worn through but after 7 years I don't feel it owes me much more.
Supplements taken including detox shots but I have no paracetamol, I must have left it at work. One of the others at work also has swollen glands as a result of the booster, she has them underarm and has said it's quite sore. Hopefully a lazy weekend will clear it up for me.
Chat later

Back