20st 8lbs and 4weeks pregnant

H.mahmood

Hi guys I've just found out I'm pregnant I'm over the moon but so scared because I morbidly obese 20stn 7lbs and 2 weeks ago I weighted 19 8lbs. The pregnancy wasn't planned because I wanted to get at a healthier weight but the contraception didn't work by the looks of it lol I was wondering if I controlled what I ate now and lost weight is it advisable? In other words replace what I ate with healthier food. Does anyone have any advise?

You can follow slimming world and lose weight which is supported (should be I had trouble with mine) by your midwife. Or even if you just try and cut out some processed foods, and try and choose more healthier options you can still lose weight without being at any risk of doing any harm but discuss it with your midwife As long as your still having 2000 cals a day I'm sure she'd be supportive of you.
Good luck with your journey x

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I followed slimming world until about twenty five weeks n then swapped to cal counting which has suited me as I'm at that point where I just want to eat sweet things! This is my second pregnancy an with my first I don't know the exact amount I put on but it was well over 3 stone. I would recommend healthy eating in pregnancy and even if you do that you shouldn't gain a great deal. I'm nearly 32 weeks and have put on a stone so far, good luck! X

Hi there,

Congratulations.

I was 18st when i fell pregnant and was the same, supposed to have lost a bit more before i fell!! I was at a Rosemary Conley class - they are also happy for you to continue while pregnant. I was aloud to loose too, its great as it was a little bit of exercise and calorie counting.

I really think it helped me. My initial plan was the stay the same, but ended up putting on a bit. put on just over stone at 36 weeks, so i'm happy.

Do whats right for you, hope it all goes well.

Back