20yo student 5 Weeks into slimming world :)

futuredoc

Hi there i'm new here, started slimming world 5 weeks ago i think i had done it 2 years ago but went back because wasn't happy with my weight! Hopefully i can get my BMI down to healthy again as my weight has played a big part in the way i have felt over the years!

I am always eating all the time and like to snack or eat when i'm bored so any advice to combat these naughty moments would be helpful :) x

hellooooo - im SW too! and new here. I'm a boredom eater too - here's some advice that I also need to listen to!!! (I can give it - I've all the info -- I'm just not very good at following it :S)

ALWAYS make sure you have fresh fruit and vegetables in to snack on - theyre super freeeeeee AND some of them even help you to lose weight! Or go for muller light yogurts - you can freeze them and have fro yo. you basically need to make sure your never hungry enough to just gorge on crap... and watch yourself around others who are not dieting... last week I ate sooooooo much bad stuff :S but THIS week I'll be good!!!!! hopefully! x
x

Thanks! I know what you mean! recently ive not had a lot of fresh food in the house so i think that has played a part, because im only a student i don't often have a lot of money and have to make do with whats here but my mum likes muller lights so i certainly stick to them. Also if you're new some advice i have to offer is dont be afraid to eat as much free food as you want because somehow eating more seems to make me lose less! whether it's true for everyone im not sure!

Happy slimming :D

p.s i always try and stay for group as i feel that it really helps with motivation!

yea I stay to group too - my consultant woman is AMAZING !! shes well funny! :)

Hey futuredoc & zenloola. I'm a similar weight to you both & also new to SW. I find hot/warm free food feels more satisfying than cold. A bowl of baked beans or (salty) boiled broccoli makes me feel like i've eaten substantially and helps me feel full. I love fruit salad etc. but I could munch on it all day... I boredom eat my brains out on biscuits, yoghurt and raw carrots but put it down to "snacks" and allow myself to graze on continuously. If i've sat down to a bowl of soup I feel like a piggy going straight back to the fridge. Maybe it's the process of heating/cooking the food that makes it a more conscious consumption.

Good luck to you... can see you've both had strong starts!! :)

Cheers tubster - ill get on the soup making next week! I just always munch LOADS of it and then stil want to graze hehe

Back