21-7-12...the first day of the rest of my life...

NickiT

Hey everyone!

Excited to be on here as the fact that im starting this online diary means something in me believes in this lifestyle we're calling Dukan...
keeping it simple to start so am posting what im eating hoping that some of you experts will keep me right...here goes...

B
3 boiled eggs
1 litre water

L
1 extra large chicken breast cooked in a tiny dash of extra virgin olive oil and water and bbq powder
smoked salmon with some quark in the middle
small tin of tuna in spring water....

things i have reservations of so far...

the bbq powder (is it classed as a spice like curry powder?)
the quark (should it be a specefic type low fat, no fat etc)
the quantity (i AM full but that lunch was big) i wont get a chance to eat again today)

xxxx

Hi Nicki!

It's hard to comment on the BBQ powder as you haven't said what's in it, make sure it's not too salty though as that may result in you retaining water.

You should be looking for fat-free (aka virtually fat-free) quark, and you can find it in most supermarkets. I really like it, and usually sweeten mine and have a dollop of it with some stewed rhubarb.... yum :)

Even though you had a big lunch, I would probably still get hungry later. There are plenty of foods that you can make ahead of time, and keep with you when you're on the go. Muffins are handy for this....talking of muffins, where's your oatbran? If you're on attack, you need 1.5tbs a day.

Good luck :)

Ditto on the oat bran - make it into porridge or a galette or mixed into yoghurt!!!! Further more look at the muffin recipe on here - they are a mainstay for most of us!!!
BBQ spice - make sure it has no sugar in it... Also no olive oil - better to use a spray or dry fry! Everything else looks grand... The more pure protein you can eat the better.... Check out the recipes on here - they have been lifesavers for me...
I remember my first day of Dukan and I never thought for one moment that I would be at TW 11 months later!!! It is a fab diet, strict at times and hard work but brilliant...... Good luck on your journey...... You have made a great start!

watch the spice blends, sometimes they contain extra sugar or salt, better to buy separate spices and mix your own :)

and definitely start using your oatbran :)

best of luck hun x

Epic Fail :mad:

Hi girls cheers for the comments and advice....blew it lastnight by goin for chinese afer stressy day...my name is nicki and i eat my emotions....lol !

SO back to it today...

Girls im finding it v.difficult to get ingredients...defo one thing i miss about the uk...hopefully my friend will be coming to work with a whopping great bag of oat bran (salvado de avena) if she's managed to track some down....also another friend is coming to visit from uk so hopefully she can bring me some oil spray and lastly...low fat/no fat quark/dairy products just dont exist over here....

i'll push on with the protein and dry fry it although dont know how i'll substitute the oatbran if we cant get it here....
despite the odds im still happy to try again....

Day 2.....

xxx

Nicki what country are you in? chances are there will be a dukaneer somewhere thereabouts who can advise regards low fat dairy :)

as for cooking sprays, you can always use a drizzle of a vegetable oil and wipe off the excess with kitchen roll :)

oatbran can be bought online or (fingers crossed for you :)) brought in by willing oatbran smugglers :D

keep at it, you'll get there!! x

p.s i was just thinking (doesn't happen often :D)

every country i've ever been to has skimmed milk, supposing yours does too, maybe get making DIY yoghurt (you don't need a fancy maker, seen videos on youtube about how to make it in flasks or slow cookers) then the yoghurt would be low fat, you could drain it to make thicker yoghurt or put it in coffee filters (again see youtube) and make yoghurt cheese which I'm guessing would be a good subsitute for quark :) xxx

Wow - alottolose I think I would take you to the desert island with me - we wouldn't go hungry!!! LOL!

Back