23 days in 14lbs down but im struggling

chelseaharvey

So im 23 days into The Dukan Diet & a stone down but OMG i am starting to struggle now

I can not stomach anymore chicken/ham etc i have tried to jazz it up abit & have the flavoured chicken like Tikka not a fan & other ones but its making me feel sick..

Im sick of eggs/omlettes with ham/chicken thrown in..

I need to buy the Dukan reciepe book as the one i have has some reciepes in there but not alot its more sauces etc for meat...

Veg im eating is broceli, carrotts, sugar snap peas but after eating these lots im sure you get what it gets like.

Ohhh to have abit of cheese a nice wrap, some sweetcorn & peas.

10 weeks until i get married & still another stone to go i dont no if i can do this...

I hear you Chelsea. I can continue but the chicken is starting to cheese me off too lol!

Try going to Dukan recipes on here and always add a variation of herbs and spice otherwise you will get more than bored.

There are options for dessert too and the dishes are usually really easy to make.

Hang in there girl, you're going to look fab!!!

Chelsea

There are some really cheap recipe books for cruise on amazon for the kindle, less than £2. I'm using them to liven things up. Attempting to make scotch eggs at the moment!
Are you able to change some of the ingredients in dishes you ate prior to Dukan?

Good luck and I hope you stick to it, I didn't lose what I wanted to before my wedding and regret it!

Xx

I guess one benefit of being a really bad cook (and not enjoying cooking much either) is that I am used to some fairly dire meals...although having been low carb for a year or so anyway I'm also used to my meals being based around meat, fish, veg and eggs! Most meals are just fuel to me, if they are tasty then great but the important thing is they are quick to prepare and nutritious. I have in the past gone for takeaways when I am pushed for time or haven't got much food in, I just need to be more organised.

How about adding some fish or seafood to your meals ?

Oooh, I love salmon, trout, mackerel. I do chicken and prawn kebabs on protein days, but they are marinaded in tabasco sauce and pepper first (but I gather you don't like spicy stuff?) and add peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes on veg days..dipped in that dukan mayo...and served with a salad...I do extra to take to work cold or as snacks. And on another thread there was a recipe for cooked eggs wrapped in mince that looked really good (a variation on a meatloaf recipe I tried). see, I'm easily pleased!

Get adventurous on the recipe thread..... don't give in - you can do this - just stick with it!!!!! xxxxxxxxx

Turkey mince is lovely - either dry fry it with onion and then add passata and chilli powder or dry fry it and stir in some curry powder - i never tire of turkey mince but chicken i do!! Good luck and stay positive - you can do it x

im not the greatest of cooks but have really been trying these past weeks, and im getting there! Turkey mince is fab!! there are mince flans, scotch eggs, bolognaise (have with veggies instead of pasta), Turkey Koftas with dipping sauce, could have (cucumber, garlic and yogurt) the recipe book is good there are tones of stuff to make and they are not too difficult, if they were, i couldnt make them!! You have to shake your eating plan up, variety is the spice of life so they say!! Cx

I've just bought the recipe book and it's pretty impressive! :D

Why not check out your local library if you want to try before you buy?!

P x

Hi Chelsea.

I hear you on the chicken front. I'm not a huge fan unless it's a leg covered in a nice crispy bit of skin! Have you tried to add in the Dukan bread? Or maybe the carrot cake. Just gives a bit more variety. A nice steak or bit of salmon or monkfish can make all the difference. Check your list of allowed foods again to make sure you're using it to your full advantage.

Good luck hun. Keep thinking about that wedding day x

Heya Chelsea girl,

I have the recipe book but have hardly used it with so many amazing ideas on this site. Some of my trials have been disasters but some amazing successes too. Like this week's frozen yoghurt and chilli con carne. Next on my list to try are chicken liver pâté, muffins and beef burgers. Hmmm... Making myself hungry! I have never spent much time in the kitchen before as my OH is the cook in our house, and he can't believe how much I am cooking now :) and he steals a lot of what I make, so it can't be that bad!

It looks like you are missing out on fish and seafood. Aren't you a fan? I eat lots of salmon, tuna and shrimp and I think it beats chicken any day. And I eat a lot of egg and dairy too.

Whatever you do, don't force yourself to eat food you hate, as it's a quick way to sabotage yourself. You can also take a short break and then pick things up again... Maybe better than stopping completely?

Hang in there and just picture yourself on your wedding day!

C x

How you're doing Chelsea? you've gone a bit quiet hope you re ok still xx

Back