23lbs in 8 weeks. Very slow weightloss????

Shangri-la

Hi all, just a quick question. I have been on slim and save for 8 weeks and have lost only 23lbs. I really thought i would have lost at least the 2 stone in two months. feeling really demoralised and feel like i could lose the same on an ordinary healthy diet.

I have only cheated twice in that time so why such slow weightloss?. Should I keep going as i have had a sts(stay the same) two weeks out of the eight weeks?.

Hi all, just a quick question. I have been on slim and save for 8 weeks and have lost only 23lbs. I really thought i would have lost at least the 2 stone in two months. feeling really demoralised and feel like i could lose the same on an ordinary healthy diet.

I have only cheated twice in that time so why such slow weightloss?. Should I keep going as i have had a sts(stay the same) two weeks out of the eight weeks?.

I lost 21Ibs in 8 weeks with no cheats at all. Although they say on average you can expect to see a stone a month some of us just aren't destined for that. I personally know that I wouldn't have achieved that on a conventional healthy eating regime. Its still a good rate of weight loss tbh I know its disappointing though when you see others who lose it faster than us on the same diet but I have continued on and it all adds up in the end!

As long as you are following the rules I would say its normal and keep going :)

It's a great loss, mine are on the slower side

Do you have much to loose hun?? Keep at it, that's great

Xxx

Wow, i think you have done amazingly well!

Demoralised shouldnt be in your vocab at present! 23lbs off is 23lbs off! if you'd gained 23lbs whilst on SS then maybe feeling demoralised would be warranted. You should celebrate!

I think some of it has to do with how much weight you need to lose in the first place, lots of people with ample to lose (like me) have greater losses in the beginning because we have more water weight & fat cells to unload.... just a thought??

that aside every pound lost is a pound gone forever so congratulations on your loss so far & good luck for the rest of your journey :)

I lost 24lbs in 8 weeks being 100% so your losses are ok especially if you've had blips.

I know I find it frustrating when I see others losing 2 stone or something in the first month but for some if us, it just isn't meant to be.

Easier said than done but don't look at what others have lost and just focus on how far you've come, it's all going in the right direction!

Ladies, thank you so much for taking the time to reply and my apologies for acting like a spoilt brat!!!

I would like to get to eight and a half or nine stone if i could but slow and steady wins the race,lol and im actually enjoying the diet which is an alien phenomenon for me!!

You guys have given me renewed motivation so im off again and i will keep going until end of nov or early dec. Thanks so much again for the advice!!!

Binge eater said:
Ladies, thank you so much for taking the time to reply and my apologies for acting like a spoilt brat!!!

I would like to get to eight and a half or nine stone if i could but slow and steady wins the race,lol and im actually enjoying the diet which is an alien phenomenon for me!!

You guys have given me renewed motivation so im off again and i will keep going until end of nov or early dec. Thanks so much again for the advice!!!

It's a learning curve. Enjoy the journey as well as the results!
Remember it's not just the scales you need to look at for results, it's inches lost and possibly bmi to give you some more motivation?

Well done on your results so far, and good luck with the rest.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

It's a learning curve. Enjoy the journey as well as the results!
Remember it's not just the scales you need to look at for results, it's inches lost and possibly bmi to give you some more motivation?

Well done on your results so far, and good luck with the rest.

Thanks hun!!. you're definetely right. I guess, i was just in a panic to get into the 10s stones because i start my Nursing degree on the 14th september and i just wanted to feel slim when fitted for uniform but i am getting there so there is no use panicing now!!. 11th wedding Anniversary on thurs too so going for a meal so i just need to chill out a bit and enjoy the losses , however slow as in three months time if i keep going, i will be in the 9s hopefully!!!

Binge eater said:
Thanks hun!!. you're definetely right. I guess, i was just in a panic to get into the 10s stones because i start my Nursing degree on the 14th september and i just wanted to feel slim when fitted for uniform but i am getting there so there is no use panicing now!!. 11th wedding Anniversary on thurs too so going for a meal so i just need to chill out a bit and enjoy the losses , however slow as in three months time if i keep going, i will be in the 9s hopefully!!!

Good luck!

I lost 21Ibs in 8 weeks with no cheats at all. Although they say on average you can expect to see a stone a month some of us just aren't destined for that. I personally know that I wouldn't have achieved that on a conventional healthy eating regime. Its still a good rate of weight loss tbh I know its disappointing though when you see others who lose it faster than us on the same diet but I have continued on and it all adds up in the end!

As long as you are following the rules I would say its normal and keep going :)

Hiya - congrats on your loss!

When you say 100% what exactly does that mean, i.e exactly what are you consuming?

Cheers

You were only 13 stone to start with, so you won't lose it at the rate of somebody who starts at 26 stone! Well done so far - stick with it :)

Please also remember that 8 weeks is not 2 months - that's more like 9 weeks. If 8 weeks were 2 months we'd have a 13 month year...

Honestly though if you have blips and knock yourself out of ketosis then it will slow your weight loss as you need to get back into ketosis before your fat burning starts again - it isn't like conventional diets where the slow down is proportionate to the blip - if you knock yourself out you must spent time getting back into ketosis irrespective of the calories in the blip.

It's still an amazing weight loss. Is this you're first time doing this type of diet?
I've been having a similar experience, but then this is the 2nd time and definitely slower (and harder) than the first.

Keep at it though all weight loss is great news xx

:clap: :clap: :clap:

It's still an amazing weight loss. Is this you're first time doing this type of diet?
I've been having a similar experience, but then this is the 2nd time and definitely slower (and harder) than the first.

Keep at it though all weight loss is great news xx

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hi tomsgf, thank you so much. It's definetely not my first time, lol. I started with lipotrim in 2008 and regained it all back and then cambridge and then exante and now slim and save lol. yes it definetely does seem to get slower, the more vlcd's that you do.

Having said that, ive really enjoyed this diet and havent felt the time going at all. Ive been at indian, chinese and steakhouse and out for breakfast the whole way along on the diet so ive still had a normal life so not bad loss in that sense!!. on lipotrim and cambridge etc, my mood was bordering on suicidal most of the time and i was absolutely obsessed with food programmes on tv and smelling food, lol. I also became obsessed with the scales. Now that I treat myself by eating low carb when im out and having my dark choc truffa bar, it seems like a good life, lol!!

Good luck for more weight loss for you x

Back