23yo guy in-need of dietary help.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by andeevans, 12 March 2011 Social URL.

1. andeevans

andeevans Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.27%)
    Diet:
    My own special diet
    Hi

I'm looking to start a diet in the next few weeks...
    I need some serious advice on where to start - I've been looking through some of the posts already and it's all mind boggling.

I currently stand at 5'11 and weigh 220lb.
    Brought some new jeans last week and was shocked to find I can only just fit into a 38in :( I used to be a 32!

My weight seems to fluctuate a lot as I've been in this position before, being over weight, back then I didn't go on a diet, I just lived on toast & butter and got very active and lost it all - but then I got a girlfriend & CoD - and now the weight as come back. :D

OK so I don't have great funding so joining a gym is out of the question - but I will be cycling to work as of this week which is a 10 mile round trip every day four days a week.
    Oh and my fat percentage is like 26%... it really is awful!

So my question is

"what type of diet am I going to benefit from"

Help!!

Many thanks in-advance Andy

Last edited: 12 March 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. What type of diet are you thinking of? Perhaps a Very Low Calorie Diet or a diet like Slimming World or Weight Watchers. You can do these by attending a class, online or by yourself with support on here.

Have a look at the various sections on here and ask if you have any questions

Irene xx

4. Emmaline

Emmaline Hippety Hop!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.2lb(9.82%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting and low carbs
    Hi Ande, Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like calorie counting would be your best bet seeing as the cash flow is a bit dicey apparently.
    There's plenty of info about food calories online but if you want a handy little book for just literally a very few pence I recommend the Collins Carb Counter. It gives the breakdown of a host of foods in carbs, fibre, calories, protein and fats. It's pocket sized and available online.
    Whatever way you choose to go it means taking that extra bit of time to suss it out, as you no doubt are aware but it will be so worth it in the end.

Wish you all the best in your endeavours...:)

5. Meneither

Meneither The Me Is Back.........

Start Weight:
    23st0lb
    Current Weight:
    22st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(2.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

Hi Andy good to see another fella on here.

To be honest i have tried several diets and found as soon as i stop the weight goes straight back on as i havnt followed through with the maintance stage, i have just started on weight watchers to be honest im finding it fairly easy to follow so its worth a shot, if you check the weight watchers site there are some special offer vouchers.

Good luck on your weight loss journey.

6. andeevans

andeevans Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.27%)
    Diet:
    My own special diet
    greetings

So two months on... and I still haven't succeeded its gone from bad to worse. Went to Tesco 26/04/2011 and weighed myself on their machine and here are the stat's -

Weight......15st8.4lb/99.1kg
    Height.......5ft11.3in/181cm
    Body fat estimation
    Fat Index.................27.2%
    Fat Mass..................4st3.3lb/26.9kg
    Free F.Mass.....11st5.1lb/72.2kg
    Age.....23

Your Normal Weight is between:
    65.5kg - 81.kg
    10st4.4lb - 12st11.9lb

Your current Body Mass Index
    is 30.2 kg/m2.
    The Normal B.M.I value is between 20 and 24.9

Normal Fat Index.............14 - 20%
    Normal Fat Mass..............11.8 - 18.1kg or 1st12.0lb - 2st11.9lb.​

I'm finding motivation hard and sticking to a plan hard, I've just got myself a sweat-suit off Amazon..... I need to start exercising, so am going to start jogging an hour a day 5 times a week.
    As for diet a lot of what am eating is s**t so am cutting it out and going to opt for salads and protein and meal replacement milkshakes for when I'm hungry....

Anyone any tips on Motivation?

7. andeevans

andeevans Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.27%)
    Diet:
    My own special diet
    Back on it again now, but unlike last time am more determined. I have a better plan and goal now!

Me and the missus are going back to Antigua in Sept.
    I was kinda big when we last went and I hated it beach & Photo's ect - So I've got just over 6 months to change things..

So far for past 2 weeks we've been getting up everyday at 5:30am having breakfast, leaving the house at 6am walking just over 2 miles to the gym at the hotel I work at.. Doing roughly an hour every other day weekends off.

I've started the Strenghtlifting 5x5 program - building muscle which I prefer to cardio! I find myself now looking forward to the next gym session, unlike last time were it never really took off at all lol

Diet in the past I was eating everything, nothing nutritious at all but I've spent many weeks google(ing) and now am eating lean protein with mixed vegetables everyday.

I'm no longer eating anythin' with 'empty calories'. Food is fuel!

Going to start taking protein shakes once I feel myself progressing.. I will upload some pictures as things change, they do say you start to notice a difference in 12 weeks so watch this space.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.