Post Retracted for Privacy Reasons.

andeevans

Last edited:
Hi and welcome. What type of diet are you thinking of? Perhaps a Very Low Calorie Diet or a diet like Slimming World or Weight Watchers. You can do these by attending a class, online or by yourself with support on here.

Have a look at the various sections on here and ask if you have any questions

Irene xx

Hi Ande, Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like calorie counting would be your best bet seeing as the cash flow is a bit dicey apparently.
There's plenty of info about food calories online but if you want a handy little book for just literally a very few pence I recommend the Collins Carb Counter. It gives the breakdown of a host of foods in carbs, fibre, calories, protein and fats. It's pocket sized and available online.
Whatever way you choose to go it means taking that extra bit of time to suss it out, as you no doubt are aware but it will be so worth it in the end.

Wish you all the best in your endeavours...:)

Hi

I'm looking to start a diet in the next few weeks...
I need some serious advice on where to start - I've been looking through some of the posts already and it's all mind boggling.

I currently stand at 5'11 and weigh 220lb.
Brought some new jeans last week and was shocked to find I can only just fit into a 38in :( I used to be a 32!

My weight seems to fluctuate a lot as I've been in this position before, being over weight, back then I didn't go on a diet, I just lived on toast & butter and got very active and lost it all - but then I got a girlfriend & CoD - and now the weight as come back. :D

OK so I don't have great funding so joining a gym is out of the question - but I will be cycling to work as of this week which is a 10 mile round trip every day four days a week.
Oh and my fat percentage is like 26%... it really is awful!

So my question is

"what type of diet am I going to benefit from"

Help!!

Many thanks in-advance Andy

Hi Andy good to see another fella on here.

To be honest i have tried several diets and found as soon as i stop the weight goes straight back on as i havnt followed through with the maintance stage, i have just started on weight watchers to be honest im finding it fairly easy to follow so its worth a shot, if you check the weight watchers site there are some special offer vouchers.

Good luck on your weight loss journey.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Back