25 year Gap on CD

kaizen

:flirt2: Hello everyone

Day2 of the CD and all is well! I did the CD about 21 years ago (consultants in that era were called counsellors) and i managed to become a Counsellor myself.

I have already lost 50llbs through changing my medication (thyroid problems) and eating well (with 3 nights swimming a week).

For the past 6 weeks i have stayed the same weight :cry: so decided to 'kick start' the weight loss again by doing SS. I went to meet the Consultant this week and was really surprised by how much it had changed. I love the idea of the 'steps' which to me makes it all the more easier to keep the weight off.

Also had an addition to the family, a beautiful Lab so im walking a couple of hours a day now. Im looking forward to getting to know a few of you and supporting those who need it, plus asking for a swift kick up the backside when i start wavering. Please feel free to tell me to 'get a grip and carry on'. !!

Kaizen

Well done on 50lb weight loss. I remember following a meal replacement plan in the eighties - tasted vile which is why I waited for another 25 years to try them again! Vast improvement. Sadly I am 4 stones heavier this time round...
It's amazing how many calories you burn off with a daily walk.
Good luck and keep us posted.

We can both do this Daisy!! Im off work today thank goodness as i was quite sick last night. Don't think it was the diet at all so im carrying on. Managed a long walk this morning (hour and a half!)... the dog is now snoring his head off lol

k x

Hey Kaizen welcome back to CD and congrats on the 50lb loss already... Can only imagine how different it must of been 25 years ago ha ha wishing you many happy losses and look forward to reading about them =D

Brilliant losses, great to see you here. I'll look forward to following your progress. I'm on day 14 today and i'm finding it easier now. Good luck xx

Thanks Yolande and MsCambridge... :)

Morning everyone :flirt2:

Im really tired today and have a headache which kept me awake all night. Drank more water to get rid of the headache and then spent most of the night going to the loo lol !

We have a busy day planned so hopefully that will get me through it :D

k x

Just need to get through this week and then it will be fine (I hope)

My husband just pointed out that i should share the fact that my pedometer (which i clip onto my skirt all day) lets me know how many calories i burnt that day and how many steps i did. Yesterday i did 19,984 steps and used 642 calories (this is average as it doesnt account for effort!)

They are worth getting as we are all supposed to be aiming for 10,000 steps a day for health. Im not sure how accurate they are but they are cheap and it certainly gets you walking! :eek:

kx

Had my three meals and its only 5.30.... arghhhhhh

Managed to survive the day by reading posts here and drinking water... Tomorrow is day 5 so it should be easier from now on!

k x

Hi Kaizen, as you know next few days you'll feel much better hopefully starting for you in the morning :) and by day 10 it'll be like a habit. I'm on Day 16 in the morning and feel in a secure place if that makes sense xx

I can understand the 'secure place' feeling and can't wait to have it.
Thanks for the support :)
k x

Well day 5 half way through... early night for me tonight as work is busy on a Monday. Will be in bed by 9 and asleep by 10 after a read.
Just cleaned the house from top to bottom and felt a bit dizzy so decided to come here and read all the blogs (with a glass of water lol)

Managed to go to the loo today which was a relief!! Does anyone else have problems with their BM. Im not very regular anyway so i know its me and not that im not drinking enough water.

Does anyone have any tips?? ( I have just started drinking senna tea ).

k x

PS: just tried to add the ticker thing but it needs sorting out arghhh :)

Kaizen, I have had similar problems and have started using psyllium husks which seem to be doing the trick. I felt fine from day 4 but every so often I get hunger pangs for a few hours which I have so far been able to deal with. The last few days started watching cookery programmes on tv which is odd as I have never been interested in cooking before and can just about manage an omelette! Anyway, worst is over for you... I hope your first weigh in goes well.

Daisy where do you get them from please? Re the cookery shows, i have done that too. I did the master cleans a few years ago and spent all my free time glued to the cooking shows. So i can relate lol
How are you feeling today ?

I got two bottles from holland & Barrett last week. They were expensive but had a deal on. I have had a bad afternoon - slight headache and insatiable hunger exacerbated by watching hugh fearnley-whittingstall bake Irish soda bread! Not sure if it is hormonal or due to the fact that I had an exhausting morning running around after my friend's 6 yo. I have to say that I do find it more difficult at the weekends. I'm sure I'll be ok by the morning.

Thanks for that Daisy..

Day 6 today and feeling good. I want to eat for the taste rather than a need... but so glad im near the end of week one because from here i know it will be much easier :)
k x

Wow! Well done on losing 50lbs before you even started CD. Do you find the product range/taste is much better now?

The first time I did Cambridge I actually developed a much greater interest in food and started to learn to cook a bit more than student-type basics when I came off it. I'm looking forward to being able to cook after I finish CD properly this time.

Good luck on your journey :)

Back