29 stone start weight.. gluten free vegan!

Today I’ve felt a little better, not really missing dairy though I kinda want some chocolate which is weird for me since I rarely eat it! I won’t be having any as I don’t like dark chocolate.

Today’s food:

B: toast no butter with lime marmalade

D: Pasta and tomato chilli sauce

S: toast with peanut butter

T: vege satay noodles

Attachments

• 29EC8957-76D2-4763-9CD6-8EF7492B6591.jpeg
    29EC8957-76D2-4763-9CD6-8EF7492B6591.jpeg
    810.7 KB · Views: 9
Today’s food:

B: toast with lime marmalade

D: McCoy’s and rocky road bites (oops)

T: jacket potato with houmous and vegan pink coleslaw and cheese

I had ordered myself a yummy looking vegan ready prep salad from Tesco but when it arrived it had gluten in :( that was meant to be my lunch!!

Attachments

• 2590FF4C-25A6-4C1B-B0C4-1B1FF2FFF236.jpeg
    2590FF4C-25A6-4C1B-B0C4-1B1FF2FFF236.jpeg
    834.8 KB · Views: 6
d ordered myself a yummy looking vegan ready prep salad from Tesco but when it arrived it had gluten in :( that was meant to be my lunch!!
Its so hard trying to keep on top of every ingredient

Its so hard trying to keep on top of every ingredient

I usually am quite vigilant with looking for gluten but i think I was quite excited that it was vegan and didn’t think about gluten!!! I’ll just have to replicate it myself with no gluten in!

Weekends tend to get away from me so I’m going to write down what I’m going to eat tomorrow (Sunday) and stick to it!

Pint of water before breakfast

B: 1 slice bread, half tin of beans

Pint of water during and after breakfast

D: jacket potato with salad and houmous

Pint of water

T: ummm haha I have a meal planner on the fridge with the week’s teas written on it and I can’t remember what we’re having tomorrow!! Think it may be vegetable stew with dumplings!

Pint of water

I realise it’s not that many calories for my weight but if I’m not strict I won’t get used to being hungry and I’ll end up eating junk food to make up my calories...

Must be good tomorrow, crisps for lunch is not good!! If I get hungry I’ll have an apple as a snack.

Come on Lou, you wanna hit that 14lb loss in 2 weeks!!

(Let’s hope I read this tomorrow 😬)

That's a big target.
Can I ask, are you GF for diagnosed medical reasons or because you think it is better for you?
I ask because I thought I had a problem.with gluten. Two of my family members have a different gluten illness. I found when I gave up gluten I felt better, then I realised it wasn't gluten but wheat. And then I realised it wasn't even wheat but an excess of processed wheat products. So I can have a bowl of porridge or a slice of homemade bread but two slices of shop bought bread toasted and my system goes haywire...bloated stomach, very dry itchy skin, bad tempered and hungry. So now rather than go mad trying to buy GF or wheat free products I just try to make my own and limit them. I think it was the combination of all the additives and sugars and gluten and wheat that caused me more problems than just the gluten.
I am careful with it though cos I have "the potential" to have a gluten illness due to family history. Its like each person has a lifetime limit and then the switch goes on.

Sorry, just wondering as I know we all have the " thing" that works for us but it can be hard trying to find it.

That's a big target.
Can I ask, are you GF for diagnosed medical reasons or because you think it is better for you?
I ask because I thought I had a problem.with gluten. Two of my family members have a different gluten illness. I found when I gave up gluten I felt better, then I realised it wasn't gluten but wheat. And then I realised it wasn't even wheat but an excess of processed wheat products. So I can have a bowl of porridge or a slice of homemade bread but two slices of shop bought bread toasted and my system goes haywire...bloated stomach, very dry itchy skin, bad tempered and hungry. So now rather than go mad trying to buy GF or wheat free products I just try to make my own and limit them. I think it was the combination of all the additives and sugars and gluten and wheat that caused me more problems than just the gluten.
I am careful with it though cos I have "the potential" to have a gluten illness due to family history. Its like each person has a lifetime limit and then the switch goes on.

Sorry, just wondering as I know we all have the " thing" that works for us but it can be hard trying to find it.

My mum and sister are both coeliac and I suspected I was for a long time but tried to ignore it. I think like you it’s a mix of gluten and highly processed foods. I had a hair allergy test done that said I was gluten intolerant and ever since then I’ve had minimal amounts of gluten here and there but every time I had it I’d get really unwell, bad tummy, bleeding in toilet :(, feeling sick. So I’ve cut it out completely now and felt loads better. But then now with the dairy im getting the same symptoms... but since cutting it out on Wednesday I’ve started to feel better again!

So frustrating because I’m already vegetarian and gf so knowing what to eat was a struggle for me. Now I’ve cut out dairy it’s forcing me to be really careful which I guess is only a good thing.

Lucky in my job I have learned to work around food allergies and create nutritious vegan meals so it’s given me a bit of a head start.

Proof that my eating plan for today is going as planned!! 1 slice of toast and half a tin of beans. 298 cals with a cup of tea and a pint of water :)
0E6D14CE-ABB2-435A-9546-5C9CFE433F45.jpeg

And my lunch...

May I add, I had this while my husband ate a beef roast dinner with all the trimmings plus sticky toffee pudding with custard that he had delivered!!! 😩

AE51AEED-FEFA-41BD-97DC-AF88B8B834B4.jpeg

We had our tea at 5 as I was quite hungry!! Was delicious though :) hubby and son had dumplings with their stew which are vegan but not gf :( will have to find some gf vegetable suet coz I love dumplings!!

I had gf vg garlic dough balls with mine which I was very happy with 😬

This meal was 603 calories (303 were the dough balls!!)

C7CD417B-B6F9-402C-B4FE-050CE54C4C48.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok so planning my meals the day before seemed to really work for me, I’ll keep doing it!

Monday food:

Pint of water

B: half a tin of beans, 2 vege sausages

Pint of water

D: baked sweet potato with jalapeño vegan cheese, salad and salsa

Pint of water

T: I think it’s stir fry on the menu for tomorrow, I’ll have to check.

So proud of myself today for being so good considering what my husband had for lunch!!

hello my beautiful louoooo
so happy to see you again and i love your meals x x x x

hello my beautiful louoooo
so happy to see you again and i love your meals x x x x

How have you been? Nice to see you on here again :) xx

I love the plate the beans where on. Glad the GF diet seems to be helping.

I love the plate the beans where on. Glad the GF diet seems to be helping.

Those plates were a moving in pressie to myself!! I can’t remember the name of them but I’ll find out :)

Back