2lb gain in second week?

Clareel

Persistence not perfection
I'm just posting this for a bit of reassurance, I've gained 2lb today and it's my second WI since starting JUDDD. First WI I STS but I had come straight from a VLCD and so was happy with this.

Now I'm thinking JUDDD works in mysterious ways, some people don't lose weigh but inches etc so have measured myself and have lost 8inches from all over since starting which is fab.

I suppose I'm just wondering if there's anything I should do? I'm going to start counting my UPs which I don't do at the moment and to be fair that could be the problem.

My DD are always spot on.

Just to be clear I'm not complaining about the gain as have lost inches but obviously don't want to gain another 2lb next week!

Any advice appreciated :)

X

The only advice I can give is to give it time - be patient. This diet produces very strange scale readings - we have no idea when the body decides to release fat stores. Trust in the fact that this diet *is* restricting calories enough to lose weight and that your body is adjusting. Sometimes I have even gained after a DD then lost after an UD! Your muscles will be restoring glycogen and water - it is NOT fat - you can't be eating 3500 cals more than you need if you stick to 500/2000.

Focus on the huge health benefits of IF as a positive - waaaayyy more positive than a vlcd. Focus on the fact that this is a way if life that's possible long term - unlike a vlcd.

Try putting some exercise in too?

Hope that helps. Don't give up - keep going.

Thanks MissHapp, I'm feeling much better today I think I was just a little disheartened yesterday especially as the gain took me back up to the 12 stone bracket! I know I can't have gained 2lb worth of fat so it must be something else. I guess I've traumatised my body over the past few months doing the VLCD and everything is just getting back to normal which is good :)

Definitely not going to give up as I feel much better already doing JUDDD. I think you're right about the exercise and have been trying to go running but the weather is just awful at the moment and it's putting me off (excuse I know!).

I might dig out my 30 day shred and have a go of that :)

X

morning hun sorry i didn't see this yesterday, did u weigh after a DD ? If so then i agree with misshap, your inch loss is brill btw focus on that for now the scales will catch up xx

morning hun sorry i didn't see this yesterday, did u weigh after a DD ? If so then i agree with misshap, your inch loss is brill btw focus on that for now the scales will catch up xx

Hi there, yeah I did weigh after a DD. I am really pleased with the inch loss as you say the scales will catch up :)

Thanks guys X

I think your inch loss is brilliant. I would rather gain alb and lose 8 inches, than lose 2lb and no inches..... I was having this discussion with DH the other day..... he says wouldn't I rather be a size 14 and 13 stone, than a size 16 and 12 stone. Put like this I have to agree....

Greeneyes11 said:
I think your inch loss is brilliant. I would rather gain alb and lose 8 inches, than lose 2lb and no inches..... I was having this discussion with DH the other day..... he says wouldn't I rather be a size 14 and 13 stone, than a size 16 and 12 stone. Put like this I have to agree....

Exactamente!

P x

I couldn't agree more thanks guys :) I guess after dieting for over half my life it's difficult to get it out of my head that what the scales say is so important, i'm looking forward to a time when it really doesn't matter to me but it may take a while! X

Another 2.6lb on this week so frustrating!

STS can be common but not 2 gains in 2 consecutive weeks???? What is your pattern and what have your cals been like hun ?

bajoleth said:
STS can be common but not 2 gains in 2 consecutive weeks????

I have to agree with you Jo... While I haven't lost much weight with JUDDDD so far (have less than a stone to go!) I haven't put any weight on at all - not even on weeks where I've eaten and drank the body weight of a rugby team on my UDs!!!

Be interested to see pattern of days and DD menus to see what has happened?

STS can be common but not 2 gains in 2 consecutive weeks???? What is your pattern and what have your cals been like hun ?

I have to agree with you Jo... While I haven't lost much weight with JUDDDD so far (have less than a stone to go!) I haven't put any weight on at all - not even on weeks where I've eaten and drank the body weight of a rugby team on my UDs!!!

Be interested to see pattern of days and DD menus to see what has happened?

Hi ladies, thanks for your replies. I have had a good think about this and as ashamed as I am to say it I think I have just been going WAY over with my calories on my UD's :(

Pattern is either DUDUDUU or DUDUUDU. DD's have all been around the 500cal mark (sometimes 515 or so but never more) so I know that they are not the problem.
I think when I started I took the eat until your satisfied, not full thing too literally. Unfortunately after years of binge eating and never really knowing when I was full this is difficult for me to determine and if I'm completely honest I have probably been eating far over the 2000cal mark every single UD :(

I'm just going to look at the positives that if I hadn't started JUDDD after coming off S&S I would probably be more than 4.5lb heavier in 3 weeks and at least I've seen the error of my ways before things got totally out of hand.

I'm going off out for a run shortly and I'm going to stick to my 2000cals on UD from now on and see how I get on. I absolutely love following JUDDD and there's no way I want to give it up just yet, so hopefully if I can actually stick to my calories I might see some results!

Thanks again for your support :)

X

Aww hun don't beat yourself up, with 3 DD and 4 tracked ups you should be fine, its all about finding the right mix and cals for you. This is a very individual diet and we just need to tweak it here and there to get it to work for us. You can still enjoy your UPs but what I tend to do is stick to 3 satisfying meals a day and then I find I donm't snack, always allow myself a treat but sometimes I don't end up eating it, I also tend to leave things like takeaways and cheesecake to my weekend UPs lol. A typical Up day for me would be a 500 cal brekkie, Special K couple slices wholemeal and butter, 500- 600 cal lunch anything really, and then the rest of my cals I leave for my evening meal and a treat and of course my beloved milk allowance x. I am usually full after lunch and think I could take or leave supper but I always eat it as you need to refuel. Just think hearty and wholesome for meals , makes it easier xx

Week 4 - cracked it!

2.1lb off and I'm delighted :D

You know what I did the exact same thing. It does settle after a while! I was nearly panic eating at the end of my up thinking how insufferable my down would be if I didn't.

You start to lose diet brain mentality after a good few weeks and things settle back to normal. I never completely got rid of my binge monster but it only rears its head once n a blue moon instead of daily lol xx

You've obviously got it cracked this week so keep up the good work xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Well done , so proud of you for sticking with it and making it work for you instead of giving up, a well deserved loss :D

bajoleth said:
Well done , so proud of you for sticking with it and making it work for you instead of giving up, a well deserved loss :D

What she said! Lol

Thanks so much guys I'm proper chuffed :D probably wouldn't have stuck it out without your support or words of encouragement so thank you for that, you're all so lovely!

X

Back