2lbs on!!!! how??

slgiles

ok so i managed SS for 9 days without cheating, then felt the need to move to SS+. I have been doing it a week. Albeit yesterday I cheated and had 2 peanut butter sandwiches and a few glasses of diet coke. I weigh myself this morning and I have put 2lbs on. I feel so de-motivated, surely 2 peanut butter sandwiches cant have such a negative effect? I walk the dog every day, minimum of 3 miles (hour +) and have even done a couple of days at 10miles.

whats going on?? advice please. I feel like giving up :(

A bit of both really. I have been on and off it all year and this time I really got myself motivated so I decided to knuckle down and crack on with it. I had enough shakes to keep going for 3 weeks. So been doing it myself for the first couple of weeks being as I thought i knew what I was doing. My CDC is at my work place and am now off until next Monday when I will see her again. I am just wondering if it is a bit of water retention.

It'll be the carb bloat from the bread that would have caused the gain! I'd say be happy with a 2lbs gain as it could have being a lot worse especially as the bread and peanut butter would have taken you out of ketosis, that's why if you munch on protein you still lose weight! I'm on step 3 after having reached goal and I'm still not allowed bread!

Yes you must be right. I must admit, I am now struggling with trying to stay on the ss only. Can I ask? are we able to use the schwartz seasonings for chicken? I have been using these. If i find i am hungry between meals, can i nibble on some more chicken? Or Cottage cheese? (Love cottage cheese)

Not sure about the Schwartz flavourings, check the pack of the packet to see how much sugar is in them, if there's none then go for it! I used to munch in chicken, tuna anything meat related to get me through! I used to tell my normal eating friends if rather eat a kebab than a single chip, they all thought I was bonkers but your body knows what to do with fat it's the sugar/ carbs that are evil :D I think cottage cheese should be okay, Not a fan personally as I'm more a cheddar junkie lol!

Yes, but no more than these weights apparently:

Allowable Food List – (uncooked weights)
1 portion of protein from the following

70g soya beans, dried weight
80g red lentils, dried weight
80g chickpeas, dried weight
80g black eye beans, dried weight
96g aduki beans, dried weight
190 tuna steak, fresh
225g chickpeas, canned, drained
245g chicken or turkey breast without skin/fat
250 g pre-cooked prawns
250 cottage cheese, plain (less than 5% fat)
260 tinned tuna (in water/brine)
275 white fish fillett, e.g cod, haddock
275g quorn mince,peices
325g cottage cheese, reduced fat (less than 2% fat)
350g steamed tofu
2 large eggs

Cottage cheese is allowed ( love it now- hated it before cd!). Get back on track and those 2 lbs will go. Like starlit said bloat from bread a nd probably water retention from all the salt in peanut butter.

Don't feel too bad. These 2lbs aren't 2lbs of fat. The girls are right, it's bloating because of the carbs and salt. If you have to eat, have proteins at the ready.

Bessie: I used to hate cottage cheese too, but now I love it! Mmmh, stuffed mushroom with cottage cheese on a bed of lettuce...

Back