2lbs to go for 6 weeks - help!

MisterQ

Hello all,

I have been hovering around the 14st 1lb mark for ages now, going up a pound or two, coming back down, but I just can't seem to break through the 14st mark...which is driving me bonkers!

Yes, there is a lack of discipline on my part, so hands are being held up there, just wondered if anyone had gone through the same problem and how they managed to push through an 'invisible barrier'?

Thanks everyone

MisterQ said:
Hello all,

I have been hovering around the 14st 1lb mark for ages now, going up a pound or two, coming back down, but I just can't seem to break through the 14st mark...which is driving me bonkers!

Yes, there is a lack of discipline on my part, so hands are being held up there, just wondered if anyone had gone through the same problem and how they managed to push through an 'invisible barrier'?

Thanks everyone

If you really want it you're just gonna have to do it! There is no invisible barrier it's you!!

Do out a pros & cons list of being fat then another one for being thin and see which one looks better!

Do you wanna continue wearing fat clothes or do you wanna have all the fab skinny clothes that you don't even have to try on in the shops cos you know they're gonna fit you! I know which I'd want!

If you really want it you'll do it! :)

I find variety is key for this. Do things you wouldn't ordinarily do, so, for example, a fish week, or a 777 week, or even our current new novelty variation the "lemons" plan. If you normally do EE try some red or green days. If you normally eat the same breakfast, switch it around and try some new things. All of these things can give your metabolism a little nudge and set you off losing again.

Just don't let yourself or your body get bored.

If i'm feeling a bit de-motivated it helps me to have a flick through a SW mag and the amazing stories, or recipes in there. Or the inspirational photo section here is great! Maybe try and cook a yummy sw recipe you haven't tried before, like the syn free KFC, or diet coke chicken - it reminds you how amazing sw is and you won't want to give up!!

If in doubt I just tend to look in a mirror, that's motivation enough for me ha ha xx

Thanks for the comments.

Yeah, I know it's me! No excuses! Do like the idea of variety and trying different things....I guess I have got into a rut of resorting to the same old 'favourites'. Could well be that a nudge of the metabolism is just what is needed, as well as a nudge of motivation!

Have already worked thru' a litre of water this morning. Just tucking into some Roast Turkey chunks and have raspberries, blackberries and blueberries for my super-free. Today is day #1 of shifting that last half a stone!!!

No intention of quitting SW - it works, I just have to regain some focus.

Thanks again :clap:

Just back from weigh-in.13st13lb - have broken through that 'mystical' barrier!

Thanks everyone :)

Same as others have said - variety, for ease of planning try a 7 day menu from the web or magazine. I have really tried hard to up my water (or squash) intake this week and managed a 2 lb loss this week (taking me to 3.5 for the last 4 weeks).

Really pleased for you, it is so hard to stick to it when it feels like hard work but amazing when you weigh in and see something you like.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back