Extra Easy 2nd day in..am i doing this right?

I_dream_slim

Silver Member
Firstly Hello...

I have joined SW online - body optimise as cant get to a slimming world meeting but the lack of weighing and pointing appealed to me. Ive done ww before and LL last year both with good losses (over 3stone on each) but have alreays regained...i believ this may be due to the retrictions placed on the diets that when you stop counting again the weight piles on..for me anyway. I dont ever have problems with regards to will power etc and when im doing a diet i do it..its just after i have a problem but as slimming world seems to just be about sensible eating and not a lot of processed food im hoping this will be easy to adapt into a lifestyle change.
So...i wanna know if im doing the right thing:

Todays menu

Breakfast
shredded wheat bitesize-28g 5.5 syns
Skimmed milk (HEa)
Poached egg
Wholemeal toast (HEb)
Lurpack lighter-1tsp 1.5
Tea

Snack - Banana and strawberries 1/2 ML fat free yog

Lunch
Egg noodles
stirfry veg
wafer thin ham
soy sauce

Snack - fun size milky way 3.5 syns

Dinner

Stew (made yesterday=yum)
leeks
turkey mince
chicken breast (skinless)
carrots
swede
potatoes
veg stock cube
salt and pepper

Pud-Peach slices and strawberries with 1/2 ML fat free yog

I'd appreciate any opinions on this - i didnt eat as many syns yesterday but figure its a flexible thing between 5-15.

Does this seems right? Enough veg etc?

Looking forward to your comments,

i_dream_slim, xxx:D

I follow red days mostly as I couldn't get on with EE and needed the extra Heb tohelp with my bowel. enough info.

However, I believe you should have the 1/3 superfree with breakfast and lunch - so fruit at breakfast too and/or at lunch or salad &/or veg at lunch.

sorry just seen that you had stirfry veg at lunch - so it's just brekkie that needs the extra fruit (I think)

I might be totally wrong - someone else may come along very soon to have a look at your day.

Good luck, keep us informed as to how you are doing.

Gilly x

Hello,
Been doing EE for a good while now, and I have learned, and in fact posted a thread about the fact that you do not exactly have to fill 1/3 of your plate with fruit or veg. It is better, of course, but there are no strict rules. At all. That's what makes Slimming World great. As long as you're losing at a rate that you are happy with, it's all gravy :)

All I would say is be careful with tinned fruit, as they are often put in high-sugar syrup and any packaged meats, such as the wafer thin ham has syns, so count that too. Otherwise, you seem to be doing great and really mixing your diet up, which is the key!

ahhh, peach slices were out of tin but in juice-i see now i would have to syn them-strange but true!!

The packaged meat-i didnt realise would be synned at all...oh dear...so when it says ham we are talking ham off the bone??

ok!

Yeah i was worried about the filling my plate a 3rd full of superfoods as other than tinned toms or mushrooms im not sure how else that would be done at brekkie??

Thanks all..any other tips for these first few days...doing it online im so worried ive missed out oninfo id have got in the meeting so any info apprciated! xx

ah, ok...so the peach slice were from a tin in juice but i understand now that i must syn them...may just not have them today then.

I didnt realise that wafer thin ham would be synned although im hoping its only minimal...so where it says ham as free it means ham off the bone?? basicly not processed in any way?

as for the 3rd of super free...i dont have a prob with this at lunch or dinner but i do have a bit of a issue trying to think how to do that at brekkie...if your having cereal for example..i guess you could have a banana but im not sure it woudl equate to a 3rd of your bowl..i dunno, maybe it would. Other than toms or mushrooms cant see how you could do it at brekkie..im hoping that the fruit snacks in between make up my fruit/veg at brekkie...im presuming the idea means you'll fill up on those things??

I would say that if you are having the fruit as a snack between breakfast/lunch you shouldn't have to worry too much, as you are still having it.

Thanks...yeah thats what im hoping! x

And I wouldn't worry about the ham either...I eat wafer thin ham ALL the time. x

Really? well i cant imagine its that bad for you...i seem to remember whilst on ww you could have nearly a whole pack for like a point!! so im guessing its only gonna be minor syns anyhoo! x

The reason for tinned fruit being synned is because it is much easier to overeat than fresh fruit as it is so much softer. Same as orange juice has to be synned for the same reason.

Denise

Hey denise, thanks for this...i now understand why it would be synned-makes sense realy! Also having looked into the wafer thin ham thing it seems to be synned at 1 syn for 100g so i actualy think i may steer clear of it as its sooo easy to pick at it and not realise...plus i cant be bothered to weight it!! (i even counted out how many bitesize shredded wheat i get for my syns to save getting the scales out again!!)

x

the mini shredded wheat arent so bad...around 20 for the weight...but they are smaller than weetabix and not chocolatey..SO YOU WIN!

Glad you seem to be getting a handle on it better now. You seem to be doing really well!

Yeah, I do the oat so simple, make it up with water and add a mullerlight. Soooo good! And you get a whole bowl full too so don't feel like you're having a diet breakfast. Nom!

I have porridge oats usually with a banana and muller light stirred in. Fills me up nicely so I don't pick at stuff during the morning.

Denise

the 1.3 superfree rule was advised to prevent overindulging on carbs and proteins at meal times, which will have more calorific value than veg/fruit. The theory being if you use a standard size plate and fill that with a 1.3 superfree veg you haven't got much room to go overboard on the proteins and carbs, if that makes sense.

So as long as you are having plenty of superfree with your meals at other times. I wouldnt worry too much about not having a 1/3 superfree for one meal of the day. After all if you look at the SW meal planners on their site for EE not all their breakfast suggestions include a 1/3 superfree.

Of course also make sure you are not eating stuff just because it is free. I see a lot of people saying oh well if you cant include a 1/3 superfree with your meal, have a bowl of fruit afterwards. This wouldnt be good advice if you were full after you meal, because you would then be eating just for the sake of it.

the 1.3 superfree rule was advised to prevent overindulging on carbs and proteins at meal times, which will have more calorific value than veg/fruit. The theory being if you use a standard size plate and fill that with a 1.3 superfree veg you haven't got much room to go overboard on the proteins and carbs, if that makes sense.

So as long as you are having plenty of superfree with your meals at other times. I wouldnt worry too much about not having a 1/3 superfree for one meal of the day. After all if you look at the SW meal planners on their site for EE not all their breakfast suggestions include a 1/3 superfree.

Of course also make sure you are not eating stuff just because it is free. I see a lot of people saying oh well if you cant include a 1/3 superfree with your meal, have a bowl of fruit afterwards. This wouldnt be good advice if you were full after you meal, because you would then be eating just for the sake of it.

Thanks so much for this...yeah i was beginning to wonder that having just recieved my EE recipe book.

To be honest i think the superfree idea also works in the way that if im hungry and want to snack ill tend now to reach for a piece of fruit as opposed to toast etc as i know ill have to syn that...and ooops...ive accidently got a healthier diet...this SW lot are a clever bunch arent they??

Totally working for me so far...ive had to brush over a lot of the 'EE isnt working for me' comments in the hope that it does work for me!!

Anyway im at work and realy shouldnt be on this forum (im already addicted unfortunately!!)

have started a food diary too and would appreciate any comments on that!

Thanks for everbodys advice so far...invaluable for someone like me who is on body optimise as all of the meetings locally clash with working hours,
xxx

hi welcome to minimins good luck to u , i used to wonder why fruit in juice was synned but then realised it's a lot easier to eat more of it than u should, i could easily eat a whole tin of peaches but if they were fresh ones wouldn't eat more than one :)

Back