2nd day of attempting Green - what do you think?

debtin

Gold Member
Hi everyone, i posted yesterday with a sample of my menu trying a green day - here is my second attempt if anyone could advise please?
Breakfast;
2x400g wholemeal toast
1xdairy light
half tomato
4 wafer thin slices chicken
some more milk for coffees
lunch;
2x400g wholemeal toast
beans
1xdairylight
2xfried egg using frylight
snack;
1xpkt bearpoms - 5syns
is this ok so far? will have acitiva fat free snack pot later before dinner
dinner;
probably some beef savoury rice
any opinoins would be great as i gave my frined my books to borrow
ta x

You're doing Green yet you've had chicken, it can't be your HE B's because you've already had 2 helpings of 2x bread so you've used up your HE B's

You must weigh and measure your HE's to make sure you're not going over your milk allowance etc, your Dairylee is 5x light so you need to have 3 more to have had your proper HE A

Beef savoury rice to me isn't a proper dinner, you should have it with salad, chips, baked potato or a vegetable curry etc, you need to have more variety in your meals :)

Last edited:
Hi,
Are you synning your chicken slices?
More fruit and veg required for sure too.
Are the dairylea light your A choice? How many do you get for an A choice?
Here's my green day today

Breakfast - 2 small toast and a tin of beans, 2 tomatoes. 2 tsp spread (2 syns)

Pear

Lunch - orzo pasta salad made with pomegranate seeds, mixed herbs, cucumber, onion, tomatoes and grated carrot. A nectarine and kiwi fruit.

Dinner - 2 fried eggs, SW chips, mushy peas. Ketchup 2 syns.

I then have a B choice left for supper which will be 4 ryvita with cottage cheese or 28g grated cheese with tomato and cucumber slices.

A choice is milk and cheese

Syns - I'll probably have a pack of velvet crunch crisps 4 syns.

lol, I wonder why you didn't post in yesterday's thread, were you hoping I'd not see it:D:D:D

Yep either skip the chicken & beef savoury rice or syn it. Otherwise same as yesterday, are you really full from that? and a little more fruit & veg.

My green day:-
Breakfast
Spagetti & two poached eggs
Pudding rice with apple
Lunch
couscous, tomatoes, peas & gherkins.
sweet noodles & mixed berries
Tea
diet coke quorn, SW chips, carrots & swede
Supper
Hexb toast & hexa cheese
Snacks
apple & nectarine

Breakfast;
2x400g wholemeal toast = 1HEXB
1xdairy light = part of HEXA or syns
half tomato
4 wafer thin slices chicken = needs synning as you've used both your HEXBs on toast
some more milk for coffees part of HEXA

Lunch
2x400g wholemeal toast = 1 HEXB
beans
1xdairy light part of HEXA or syns
2xfried egg using frylight

Snack
1xpkt bearpoms -
5syns

Dinner
probably some beef savoury rice - rice is free as you're on Green - beef needs to be synned as you've used both your HEXB's on toast

As you can see you've used both your HEXB's on toast so any further meat (the chicken & beef) will count as syns. I'm assuming the cheese and milk came within the limit of your 2 HEXAs? You should measure it really.

Definitely need much, much more fruit & veg.

I think you're mixing Green and Extra Easy up?

On Green you get two HEXAs and 2HEXBs and dont have to be so strict about filling 1/3 of the plate with superfree - BUT all meat counts as HEXes or syns, which youve already used up on your toast and milk/cheese.

On Extra Easy you can have both meat and carbohydrates but you MUST have 1/3 of every mnel as superfree and ONLY one each of HEXA and HEXB.

Me thinks the beef savoury rice is beef flavour savoury rice...

Other than that, same as I said before :)

Ahhhh sorry Im thick as two... thick things :doh: :eek:

I dont eat that sorta thing much so it didnt occur to me :eek:

I had a moment last week on a Green day where I wasn't sure if I could eat my chicken and mushroom pasta n' sauce because it had chicken in it....

Had to double check syns online :eek:

xx

I had a moment last week on a Green day where I wasn't sure if I could eat my chicken and mushroom pasta n' sauce because it had chicken in it....

Had to double check syns online :eek:

xx

Steak McCoys on a Green Day. :confused: WTF WILL I DO???? :eek:

thanks everyone for your comments & help. Think i need my books back to get my head round green days. I thought beef savoury rice was free on all plans & cant work out why it wouldnt be on green? would that mean that adding beef oxo cube to soup would need to be synned as well? Also the chicken was chicken cold meat & again thought most cold meats (except reformed) was free. ARGHHH think i will stick to EE and up my fruit & veg intake. I am genuinely full up eating what i have posted - i weigh 8st 12lb and have just under stone to lose so sometimes am really hungry & binge or others (when am trying really hard) i stick to what i have planned. Generally depends on what is in the house & how much money i have. This week i have been trying to use up things i have in house...pasta n sauce, savoury rice etc...do you think if i eat little (though i think its plenty) then i wont lose? thanks again everyone

lol, I wonder why you didn't post in yesterday's thread, were you hoping I'd not see it:D:D:D

Yep either skip the chicken & beef savoury rice or syn it. Otherwise same as yesterday, are you really full from that? and a little more fruit & veg.

My green day:-
Breakfast
Spagetti & two poached eggs
Pudding rice with apple
Lunch
couscous, tomatoes, peas & gherkins.
sweet noodles & mixed berries
Tea
diet coke quorn, SW chips, carrots & swede
Supper
Hexb toast & hexa cheese
Snacks
apple & nectarine
lol no wasnt hiding & appreciate not to mention your opinion/help, was just having to post and go as child was jumping all over me & didnt have time to look for yesterdays post - still not worked out best way to use this forum x x

thanks everyone for your comments & help. Think i need my books back to get my head round green days. I thought beef savoury rice was free on all plans & cant work out why it wouldnt be on green? would that mean that adding beef oxo cube to soup would need to be synned as well? Also the chicken was chicken cold meat & again thought most cold meats (except reformed) was free. ARGHHH think i will stick to EE and up my fruit & veg intake. I am genuinely full up eating what i have posted - i weigh 8st 12lb and have just under stone to lose so sometimes am really hungry & binge or others (when am trying really hard) i stick to what i have planned. Generally depends on what is in the house & how much money i have. This week i have been trying to use up things i have in house...pasta n sauce, savoury rice etc...do you think if i eat little (though i think its plenty) then i wont lose? thanks again everyone

is this weight a healthy one? you need to lose a stone? cant imagine anyone actually being under 8 stone?? surely not

is this weight a healthy one? you need to lose a stone? cant imagine anyone actually being under 8 stone?? surely not

yes when i joined i was 9st 2lb, in my little book (and i think it was the 10% rule?) they wrote in it 8st 2 or 3lb i cant remember exactly as my friend has my book but my own goal was 8st 6lb...was bit surprised myself but that is what is there in black & white. I am smallish at 5ft 0inch -

My typical green day would consist of ....

Breakfast - Muller light with lots of fruit.

Lunch - Tin of ravioli (poss a few syns depending on brand) or a jacket potato & beans (sometimes use my HEXA cheese allowance on this as well). Some of the Pasta n Sauce packets are great as well.

Dinner - Curry made with a bit of lean mince (HEXB) and lots of veg, dal & rice. Other one I love is a stir fry adding some chicken (again HEXB). The SW jambalaya & Louisiana gumbo are also both brilliant (again using prawns / chicken as HEXBs)

Snacks - Fruit, couple of crispbreads with my cheese allowance. If I have salad in the fridge I'll have a bowl of that as well with some balsamic vinegar in it.

I usually stay well clear of bread. Only have some occasionally.

debtin said:

Yes most cooked meats are free but only on Original or EE, on green they must be synned or use as HE :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Beef savoury rice is free on green and EE not on red
Lean meat is free on red and EE

Beef oxo cubes are free on all plans (red/green/EE)

Your target at SW can be whatever you want, you should never be given a target weight - you may be advised but never told what you should weigh.

I'd say 8st at 5 ft 0 is not underweight but it's pretty slim!!

How old are your books? Do you go to group?

I thought beef savoury rice was free on all plans & cant work out why it wouldnt be on green?

I thought you meant it was a beef and rice dish, I didnt realise it was just flavoured rice. Beef AND rice wouldnlt be free on Green, but rice on its own is.

Beef savoury rice would still never be free on Red though as rice is not free on that plan, so it's not free on all plans, just Green and EE.

hey everyone, thanks for the replies - i finally have my books back so will be trying out green days properly again. Will maybe put a couple of menus on to see if i have got the hang of it yet! thanks

Back