2nd time on a VLCD, 21st fast approaching!

Hey everyone!

I hope you are all getting on well! Reading some really inspirational posts on this forum, I can tell this site will be a gift for me most days :)

So I've decided to do S&S, 4 packs a day (forgot the name of it!) after gaining a bit in the past 2 years! I joined LL in Dec 2011 at 23st and got to goal in December '12, weighing 10st. For me, this was a good weight - I was fitting into size 10s and felt healthy for once!

You know how it is, I would get comments like "you're too thin, put some on", and found the pounds just crept back. Though not reining back these overindulgences was the problem! I've been scared to weigh myself since!

I got accepted to study Nursing at university last year and started Sept 13... I have gone up 2 dress sizes compared to when I was at goal. Just wanting to not feel like I'm bursing out my uniform lol! I plan on getting some scales & weighing myself when I feel like I'm about 1st off goal as I'm too scared to atm.

It will be my 21st birthday at the end of February, and I really would like to have lost 2 stone by then.

**Forewarning that some of my posts will contain food talk!**

How is everyone getting on? I'm not sure whether I should exercise or not on S&S; I know when I did with LL my losses stalled. Any advice much appreciated!

Look forward to hearing from you all,

Rach x

Last edited:
Hey hun welcome to Minimins S n S thread :) this forum is a Godsend ur right lol i read ppls diaries after iv updated mine lol...to keep me motivated hun :) dnt wori hun u will be losing weight in no time :) nursing is such an interesting subject :) and so varied wel done on ur losses alredy :) yh i had comments such as ur losin too much too durin summer haha i wish i had lost too much lol we r all here for support for each others journeys and evry one on here r fab :) gd luck and have a great day xx

Hey,

Thanks for your reply! Have been scrolling through the past few days and it really helps with your focus. Just completing my 3rd day on plan - think I'm in ketosis now as I had to remind myself to have my packs today! Much easier :)

Ah thank you hun, so desperate to be comfortable for my birthday! And at my next placement in May. How are you getting on? Will go have a peek at your diary in a mo!

Lol yeah definitely! People have mixed reactions. Precisely, everyone here is so supportive - really makes the whole thing much easier! Thanks again and I hope you've had a good evening :) xx

So, day 4... happy to say I have stuck to it 100%! Finding it a little easier as each day goes by, especially now that I'm into ketosis (well I think so!) :D

Apologies for any "food talk" throughout my posts, I find it useful to reflect! :p

Sat with my boyfriend at an Italian gelato parlour while he tucked into a giant american banoffee waffle & ice cream on Thursday... I sat and made up my shake. They must have thought I was demented! Ha. :) Also met a friend yesterday for a spot of shopping - she tucked into a Subway (my ultimate favourite fast food!) and I had a shake. Glad that I haven't caved. On previous diets, I would have just had a nibble of the corner of the waffle just to get the taste... sad really!

Thought I'd never be able to do this without bars (especially when at uni, 9-6 on Monday will be a test!), but managing on just shakes and soups so far! Cannot stand shakes with warm water though so finding myself forking out for bottles of cold water when I'm out and about haha.

Having a big family Christmas this year - 12 of us! My uncle that I haven't seen in 7+ years will be there too, will be lovely to have everyone there. Would really like to feel a bit more comfortable in my dress between now and then! And not end up putting a hole along the seam of my tights when I bend over... damn having a porky ar*e lol! :rolleyes:

Hey :) I am restarting tomorrow and have started a diary. Looking at yours it's a great way to stay motivated.

Well done for staying 100% :) what's your favourite shakes and soups so far? I am thinking to cut bars for a while as they are my weakness

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hey Katie :)

Thanks hun! Tbh there are a few horrible ones, maybe I'm just picky ha. Not at all fond of the hazelnut or caramel shakes, or strawberry infact - the bits are offputting haha. Tried to have the Thai soup but managed half and gave up! Tomato is also one to avoid, very bitter. Chicken and Mushroom soups are lovely, as are the Choc shakes. Spicy Spaghetti is good too :) not tried that much yet unfortunately!

Good luck with everything, once you get into the swing of it its much more manageable as you know! xx

Hi I only liked the chicken curry noodle soup but have gone off it after over doing it.. I am into the chocolate and banana shakes.. And quite liking the white chocolate and raspberry.. Meal wise cottage pie is my all time favourite along with carbonara and chilli :) I am planning one day at a time as it seems I drown in the overwhelming feeling of 12 weeks.

I look forward to reading your diary

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Oh yes I've tried that too - not bad! I have very mild tastebuds tbh so finding some of the soups a challenge!

Can't believe how much better I feel already. Usually at the weekend I'd sleep until at least 11! Woke up yesterday at 7.30, made my boyfriend some breakfast and got a load of studying done. Slept like a baby from 11 last night and woke up at 8 this morning! Unheard of for me ha. One thing I will say though... apologies for TMI but I'm happy to have finally opened my bowels after 5 days! The nurse in me should be concerned but I know with so little going in it's bound to happen! Drinking a lot of water is definitely helping I think. I used to have to pop laxitives every week on LL just to get something... sorry again!

Yeah looking at the bigger picture can be daunting! I have until the end of Feb, but I'm planning a few days off over Christmas as its gonna be a big family reunion kinda thing lol. Then I will go straight through to Feb :) xx

Midway through the day, 2 lectures down and 2 packs down! Used to be so secretive about where I had my packs, now I don't care ha. Had one before I left in the kitchen with my housemate (she's a nutrition/fitness freak but even knowing this I didnt care if she agreed with it or not), then just had my 2nd shake sat in the library. :) will update at the end of the day but so far day 6 is going well... I even woke up bursting with energy despite my cold! xx

So, I got through today with ease! Even if it consisted of washing my shaker in a bathroom sink between uses (it didnt touch the sides trust me!). Had a lovely chicken soup pack for dinner, tastes just like a cup a soup :)

Finished uni at 6 - had a 2hr break between lectures and where I'd usually procrastinate I did 2hrs of hard studying... my hand got crampy! Feeling so full of energy all day but sleeping like a baby at night, I love it ☺

Day 7 tomorrow will be a week on plan already! Really looking forward to seeing my family this Christmas (and the dinner I won't lie!) but straight back to it once home and my next batch of packs will have arrived. Don't mind doing an extra week or so if it means I get to fully appreciate Christmas - though I'm planning to eat food I seem to be more rational in my choices.

Hope everyone is getting on well xx

Managed a week on plan! Into Day 8 now. On my way to uni, just had my breakfast shake :) woke up at 6.30 this morning and didnt need to be up til 9, madness! Finding I'm much more energised on less sleep now. Usually id still be tired after 9hrs.

Having 3 shakes and 1 soup a day at the moment. My jacket is starting to get slacker too (even if when I look in the mirror I'm convinced theres no change lol).

Still struggling on with this cold, also got a sinus infection going on. Yack. Only downside is mu seemingly lowered immunity! Which I probably cant completely attribute to the diet, but I hadn't been ill in 2yrs before this lol.

2wks til Christmas Eve! I'm like a big kid lol. Absolutely spoiled my family, hope Santa is nice to me :p xx

Day 9 has gone well! Was out the house bright and early to go to speak to my mentor at placement. Then to uni for a 11 til 5! This diet is proving expensive though... regained my love of buying clothes. Spent £70 I probably don't have today lol! Woopsie. Will all be worth it though. Only buying things I can fit into now and when I'm a bit lighter, like coats/kimonos/oversized jumpers and shoes. Going well so far (though I kinda look like I'm talking to myself on here its good to look back on if I struggle in future lol) xx

Still going strong... only 10 days until I see my family for Christmas which I cannot wait for! Just as I'm getting into the swing of it I'll be on a short break over Christmas, gah! Will have Christmas day off and will be aiming to cut my cals to 1500 for the rest of the week I'm home, then restarting on New Years Day, aim to get as much weight off as poss before my 21st at the end of Feb :) usually with diets you'll have the odd day off vowing to get back on it straight away... not with S&S! I now know how much easier it is once you're into Day 4. Will also mean I have more motivation and energy over the exam period (Jan-Feb)

Will keep updating as I roll through the days!

Rach x

Day 1 back on plan.

Spent a lovely Christmas and New Year back home! Was expecting to be on packs on the 1st, instead opted to follow low carb (I do S&S total) until home due to all the social events (8 months away is too long!). Over Christmas I was aiming to be mindful, which was made a bit easier by the fact I fell ill and had no appetite (blessing in disguise?!).

So, it's 7 weeks today until I head home for my 21st birthday! Will be having the weekend off then shifting the remaining weight (hoping it'll be under a stone by then) straight after :)

So good to see so many people committing to a VLCD - gives great results, when we follow it right ;p

Good luck everybody and I'll be peeking through the forum throughout :)

Rachel xx

Back