2nd week and here is my 1st hurdle...

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by chel_belle, 16 August 2011 Social URL.

1. chel_belle

chel_belle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Xenical
    Hi everyone,

I have been reading all your posts and I am so glad I have found this site - so helpful and motivational!

So, I started taking xenical last Monday and so far have lost 7lbs...yay...go me!

I have got to go to a family meal at an Indian restaurant tomorrow evening....is there actually anything I can possibly eat, I am under the impression it is all high in fat?

I am going to have a sleepless night tonight and stressful day tomorrow over this :-(

xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mis-behave

Mis-behave Gold Member

Start Weight:
    99.8kg
    Current Weight:
    44.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    69.9kg
    Lost(%):
    55.7kg(55.82%)
    Diet:
    Primal eating
    Hi

The tandoori chicken is low in fat and so are chapatti's and some of the veg dishes like Dahl just ask them not to put extra oil on the chapatti's or the tandoori chicken etc..

Check out my fitness pal web page or if u have an iPhone it's a free app :) look up the Indian food dishes

4. 78storm

78storm Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(14.15%)
    Diet:
    Xenical
    I had a vegetable biryani without any problems or the hotter dishes are generally safer. Remember this mustn't rule your life but try to avoid Mr Tango!

5. ladyantionette

ladyantionette Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/Calorie Counting
    Dry chicken tikka - is rolled in spices and yogurt and very healthy - that with some boiled rice and salad is my curry staple!

6. chel_belle

chel_belle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Xenical
    Thank you so much, I can stop panicing now! Would I be safer not to take the xenical tonight? Not sure if that would help or whether its in my system and won't make much difference.

7. sammyd

sammyd Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    orlistat
    well said there,
    i think obsessing is a terrible downward spiral and will make you miserable!!.. ive always been a all or nothing kinda dieter but this time is totally different...
    sitting there watching everyone else eat is a bleeding miserable experience.. much better to plan ahead miss a few xen and go enjoy your self, "well it works for me" :)

Last edited: 17 August 2011
  8. Mis-behave

Mis-behave Gold Member

Start Weight:
    99.8kg
    Current Weight:
    44.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    69.9kg
    Lost(%):
    55.7kg(55.82%)
    Diet:
    Primal eating
    I take my xen even when I don't eat well.. Because then at least it will still work on the crap I've eaten lol and The side effects will teach me what not to eat.. The side effects seem to hit me the next day..

I taken xen while eating Indian.. And not had a prob .. I had tandoori chicken and 1 small chapatti plus some plain boiled rice.. And a little dhal and sag paneer

But everyone is different :)

9. bunny_hops

bunny_hops Violet is shrinking

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.29%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS was using Xenical and eating low fat and low cal. Exante baby!!!
    Indian is actually one of the better takeways you can have while using Xenical, there's a good choice, just avoid extra oil..tandoor chicken is a good place to start, rice dishes etc etc

Xenical is in your system, so if you're going to react you'll react whether you take the Xenical or not..if you choose right though, you might be ok.

:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.