2nd Week - anyone had this problem?

MimiD1968

Today was my 2nd wi, I am down 6lbs!

This may sound stupid, but my chemist's scales is way off what my home scales say. I know you shouldn't weigh yourself but hey I'm only human. I said it to my chemist, he says his is right, even though my oh is the correct weight on our scales as in his gym. I know a loss is a loss, but the chemist scales weighs me 9lbs heavier and its very annoying! AGH

We have the same problem. I just don't get on mine ;)
The chemist has said that his scales are calibrated and mine aren't. As mine weigh more I tend to agree with him lol.

Yeah I think you should throw yours out if it weighs heavy! Yes I am thrilled, roll on, I should say next month, but am only able to take this day by day! Have you had your first wi yet? If not best of luck... M

just stick with using the scales you originally weighed on as you could get on 100 sets of scales and most would be different!!! well done on your loss x

Yeah I think you should throw yours out if it weighs heavy! Yes I am thrilled, roll on, I should say next month, but am only able to take this day by day! Have you had your first wi yet? If not best of luck... M

I am going for my weigh in on Thursday and that will be 10 days. It's the first one (this time around) so fingers crossed. It does get easier in my opinion, but everyone is different, Some people sail along and others struggle. I am hoping to Sail ;)

Roll on Thursday :D

I weigh every day at home and note my naked weight in a book - When I weigh at the pharmacy ( actually I use the boots machine down the road as the pharmacy hadn't got one that could weigh me!) I always try to wear the same clothes and keep all the same things in my pockets ( I am a bloke!) so bunch of keys penknife, etc etc and I then weighed all my clothes inclduing boots socks etc and the difference was exactly the difference between what my machine said and the one in boots eg 10lbs - so I just actually measure the loss and don't care what the total is.

I weigh myself at home as well. The scales at home show my weight less than at the pharmacy. I follow the home scales more than the pharmacy one. The clothes we wear has weight as well so cant be the exact weight

my home scales weigh me in 2lb lighter than the pharmacy so if im 16'10 there im 16'8 at home and it never changes from that 2lb which is good as i can accurately track my progress but i dont weigh everyday, the body fluctuates far too much for that.

also i have my weigh in on saturday but i actually started the diet on sunday so my first weigh in was only 6 days and i could trust my scales to tell me if i had lost more and i had :D:D

My home scales measure your body fat as well as overall weight, I prefer them for a more detailed reading. That said, they show me as weighing about 3lb less than the pharmacists' scales.

Like you didelidi I received a tx today from my pharmacy re:weigh in tomorrow however like you I weighed in last thurs but only started fri so tomorrow is day 6 only! I think the difference
of a lb or two means alot:)!!!

Hiya

It's all about how much you lose every week...

So ignore the different weights... If your scales are a little out so what...

If you wanna tell someone how much you weigh use the lighter figure if you want, but the loss is the loss...

The losses are what will get you through week after week...

Stay strong xx

Back