2nd WI and I've maintained! Sniff!!

Please don't be discouraged. I only lost half a pound the first week :eek: and I followed it 100%! I had to walk out of class as I started crying, and sobbed all the way home and for an hour afterwards! Since then I have lost 1 to 3 lbs a week since. The trouble is we obsess on the scales and often what happens with the tape measure doesn't show. A few years ago I started EA sports active on the Wii and didn't lose an ounce for 4 weeks, BUT I dropped a dress size! Just carry on, I bet you'll have a belting loss next week. Read Squiddies excellent guide on EE.

If you feel you have lost weight I bet you've lost fat. If you have gained water weight but lost fat weight you will stay the same weight, but actually be slimmer. The good news is that if you stick with it the water-weight will go too.

Thanks soooo much you have both really encouraged me, that's just what I needed.

I will take on board your comments.x

I gained 0.5lb in my first WI despite sticking to plan. I was gutted and really embarrassed but after that I had a steady loss of 1lb a week on average and now at target. Stick with it, it will happen :)

I have always had small losses when doing SW but I highly recommend taking body measurements as I found the weeks when I didn't lose or lost 0.5lbs I had lost inches from places such as my waist, thighs and arms xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have you taken measurements of yourself? If not it might be an idea so you can check them if your weight loss hasn't been what you expected. It might make you feel a little better. :)

I gained 0.5lb in my first WI despite sticking to plan. I was gutted and really embarrassed but after that I had a steady loss of 1lb a week on average and now at target. Stick with it, it will happen :)

You're braver than me. I think i would have walked out and not come back.

Busybee, rather than feeling despondent, be proud that you've lost 3lb and your journey has started in the right direction.

Weight can vary throughout the day by more than you think, this is why your Consultant will recommend that you weigh in at group every week, at the same time, and wearing the same sort of clothes. And don't be tempted to weigh yourself throughout the week, that's a bad habit to get into. Simple things like toilet trips, big pasta meals the night before, retained water (the ladies have better reasons for this than the men do!) all add weight, but not fat. Also, and I'm not sure if this is actually true but it seems to be the case in our group, if you've done a shedload of exercise it tends not to show up until the following weigh-in. I've read about water retention to repair muscle after exercise, but again I don't know if it's true or an "old wives tale". On weeks I've done lots of walking I've posted 0.5lb or 1lb losses, then the next week it's been 4.5lb+ even with some extra wine thrown in. Moral of the story (if any) is chill out and keep going.

In the long-term it will show, and your instincts about feeling lighter are probably correct - just keep to plan and focus on your long-term goals, not the short-term weigh-in data. Good luck! :)

Hi busybee, just wanted to say I maintained on my second week too. It seems it can happen sometimes, but chin up hun, I'm sure it was a one off.

You have received some great advice and support already and I wish you well for the next weigh in :)

Back