2st to lose on 26 Pro Points - Anyone similar out there?!

OzLozz

Hello,

Well actually it's more like a 2st 4lb loss that I would like to achieve on WW. Would be great to hear from someone looking to lose a similar amount and how long it's likely to take?

I'm currently on 27pp a day, with 23lbs left to lose (have already lost 10lbs in 3 weeks)
So at the rate I'm going, roughly 2lbs a week (I had a really good week my first week, lost 6lbs - but it was unusual circumstances as I'd climbed Mount Snowdon the weekend before weigh in), I'm hoping to be down to target by August/September ish time.
Bit late for the summer, but once I'm there, I'm planning on being there for every summer of the remainder of my life.

Good luck with your loss!

Hi Elfy,

I'm guessing that's around about the same sort of time period that I'm looking at. Fantastic news with the 6lb weight loss! That's brilliant. I don't think I will get anywhere near that as I'm on crutches and not allowed to exercise at the moment.

Maybe we can buddy Elfy? You seem to be off to a flying start. I properly started on Friday 10th May so next Friday I will know how much I lost in my first week. Wish me luck x

Thanks. I was really delighted. I'd weighed at home the day before and lost 2lbs which I was pleased with. But was surprised and happy when I was told 6. And have been at a steady 2lbs since, so hoping I can keep that up.
Yeah, I'd imagine it's not easy being on crutches. Are you able to find some sort of chair exercises? So you can still get a bit of a work out but not strain yourself leg/foot wise. Are the crutches jus a temporary thing?

I'm more than happy to buddy up as we're have similar goals. Feel free to message me any time you want to rant or another person's point of view.
I weigh in on Thursdays, so we have similar wi days also.

Good luck!! I'm sure you'll do brilliantly. And if you have a bad day, don't fret about it.
I did that last week. Had some chips at the seaside and worried it had affected my weight loss that week. But it hadn't. I still lost 2lbs and got my 5% certificate.

A couple of phrases spring to mind - one bad meal won't make you far just as one good meal won't make you skinny.

And one I saw on this site the other day - imagine your weight loss as your mobile phone. If you dropped it, would you keep stomping on it til it was completely ruined, or would you just pick it up.

=)

It's a fantastic achievement! I really hope I get over 2lb on Friday to stay on target for my goal by The first week in September.

Unfortunately even though I am almost finished with being on the crutches for the last 6 weeks, I still have another hip operation to go and will be right back on them again for a further 6 weeks! It sucks majorly so any sort of physical exercise outside of physiotherapy is kind of a no no :-(

But the way I look at it, if I can get to my goal without exercising at all, then that is HARDCORE!! Lol

You will have to let me know how you get on with your weigh in on Thursdays so we can go down the pounds together :)

I'm sure you will get your 2lbs off. It's good that you've got a date goal.

Is your next hip operation booked or are you waiting for it to be sorted?! Basically I'm curious as to whether there is an end date to the crutches or if you're still in limbo, knowing you're getting it, just not sure when yet?
It's a shame you're not able to do any other exercise, but you'll get there. And yes, doing it without exercise will definitely be a better achievement.
I exercise a lot atm, and don't think I'd be losing 2lbs a week without doing so.

Should've been down the gym this morning, but I wasn't feeling 100% last night, so went to bed at 8pm and didn't fancy getting up until just now.
I could've gone now, as I'm feeling bad about not going, but I've got to go out shortly and won't have the time to shower in between and can't really turn up smelly and sweaty haha.
Although my gym instructor told me that something like 80% of fat loss is through watching your food and just 20% through exercise. I'm still not sure about that though and need to keep up with the exercising.
I'll be back on it tomorrow hopefully.

Yeah, I'll let you know how I get on. Hopefully it'll be at least 1lb. I'm not really expecting much more though, cuz although I've been on plan this week, as I mentioned, slacked on the exercising. Haven't been down the gym since saturday =/

I can feel a worry/panic/anxiety feeling coming on already. Wednesday nights are my worst time as I get really worried and fret loads about whether I've lost or not. Oh dear.
I'm ranting now.
Have a good day =D

Hey!
How are you getting on?!
I lost 2.5lbs today, giving me a total loss of 12.5lbs with just 1.5lb til a stone.
So I'm really quite excited about that.
Should be able to do that by next meeting.
Then my 10% weight at meeting is 11st2. I'm only 4.5lb away from that, so would be nice to be able to get that the week after. If not, it will definitely be the week after that.
Then, other than half/full stones, my final goal will be my 10st target!
Although planning on going down to 9st12 if I can, to earn myself my 2.5 stone award at meeting.

Sounds fantastic! Congratulations Elfy. You must be so pleased to loose another 2.5lb!!

I have to say I haven't had the best week. I've gone over my points in its entirety and am massively scared to weigh myself tomorrow now.

I saw my consultant today and he wants me to stay off work for a few more weeks and remain on the crutches. I have also started getting really sick with the place I rent because of mould coming through my bedroom wall, so much so that I now need to move out. It's all got too much for me so I haven't been as good as I could be.

I'm praying tomorrow goes well!

Considering that I'd ruin my week I am thrilled that I managed to loose 2lb this week!! I'm in the 11's just and plan to be extra good this week so I don't make the same mistakes again :)

That's really good that you've managed to lose 2lbs even though you had a rough week.
Always a good feeling when you move into a different stone bracket.

Don't fret too much about bad days. You need to look after your health and make sure you're well mentally and physically before getting too serious about the weight loss in my opinion.
You don't want to burn out through stress and the like.

But brilliant result!!! Well done!!!

Thanks Elfy,

I must say I was rather relieved to get the 2lb loss especially as I've set myself a tight timeframe to reach my target. I think everything will be alright after the last few weeks that I've had, I can't really see how it can get much worse.

I won't be returning to work on Monday as I hoped but at least that means I can finish my packing and move out of this place by the end of the month. Hopefully I will still be able to keep myself on track when I return to my parents address until I find somewhere suitable. Everything happens for a reason so they say....

Keep me posted on your progress. You're my motivation :)

Awww. Thank you. That's a really nice thing to say.
You are mine also, along with everyone else I speak to on this forum, all the people I meet at my ww meetings, my mum, my grandma and my boyfriend.
That's a lot of people, but it means I'm hugely accountable.
I don't want to have to report to all those people that I've put on weight.
Not that any of them would be angry at me if I did, butI would feel disappointed with me having to say it.
So I stay on track.

Although at the rate I'm going, I should be able to get to target by the end of summer, I've put a target date of January 1st.
That way there's not a huge amount of pressure, and if something does go disastrously wrong, then I've got time to get it back on track.

And I'm sure you'll be fine back at your parents.
Just tell them what you're doing and I'm sure they'll support you.
If your mum likes cooking for you, maybe get a couple of ww cookery books and you can look through between you and find some meals you can eat.
And maybe you can make bigger amounts and portion them off in tupperware (or old chinese tubs) and put the points on the lid and freeze them. Then if you don't feel like cooking, or when you get back to work, you can just get them out the freezer and reheat them.

Sorry, I'm rambling again.
My mind starts and then I can't stop it haha.

Hiya, I rejoined today and after an awful 2012 I have 1 Stone 7lb to lose on 26pp :) Fingers crossed I can do it! x

Welcome Serena.

1 stone 7lb seems a good amount to lose and I think it should be relatively easy to lose.
I don't want to say it'll be easy to lose cuz losing weight isn't easy, but I believe you can do it so long as you stay focussed.
And even if you do have a bad day, two phrases spring to mind...

One bad meal won't make you fat, just like one bad day won't make you skinny.

and one that someone put on a different thread was

If you drop your phone, you wouldn't stamp on it until it's smashed, you'd just pick it up and move on.

Keep us updated on your journey =D

Welcome Serena.

1 stone 7lb seems a good amount to lose and I think it should be relatively easy to lose.
I don't want to say it'll be easy to lose cuz losing weight isn't easy, but I believe you can do it so long as you stay focussed.
And even if you do have a bad day, two phrases spring to mind...

One bad meal won't make you fat, just like one bad day won't make you skinny.

and one that someone put on a different thread was

If you drop your phone, you wouldn't stamp on it until it's smashed, you'd just pick it up and move on.

Keep us updated on your journey =D

Thank you for your kind and inspirational words, I'm really hoping that I can crack this and lose it, I think the hardest thing was telling myself that I had to do it, I've been in denial for far too long now! x

Oh yeah, I definitely agree, you have to be in the right mental state to be able to lose weight.
You can't lose weight if you're only half-hearted about it.
Do you have someone, like a friend, relative, partner etc that you can talk to, tell them what you're doing, someone you can be accountable to?
My boyfriend is very supportive. He praises me when I do well, he's actually paying half of my gym membership for me (I reluctantly took it - he wanted to pay for it all and I refused, so we compromised).

Also, I like having mini goals to work to (as you can probably see from my signature). It doesn't seem so daunting that way.
I know that I'm half a pound away from losing a stone since starting ww, 1.5lbs away from losing a stone at my ww meeting, 4.5lbs away from losing 10% of my body weight. Those little numbers are so much better and more achievable than looking at having to lose 20.5lbs to get to my target.

Oh yeah, I definitely agree, you have to be in the right mental state to be able to lose weight.
You can't lose weight if you're only half-hearted about it.
Do you have someone, like a friend, relative, partner etc that you can talk to, tell them what you're doing, someone you can be accountable to?
My boyfriend is very supportive. He praises me when I do well, he's actually paying half of my gym membership for me (I reluctantly took it - he wanted to pay for it all and I refused, so we compromised).

Also, I like having mini goals to work to (as you can probably see from my signature). It doesn't seem so daunting that way.
I know that I'm half a pound away from losing a stone since starting ww, 1.5lbs away from losing a stone at my ww meeting, 4.5lbs away from losing 10% of my body weight. Those little numbers are so much better and more achievable than looking at having to lose 20.5lbs to get to my target.

I don't really have anyone (Sad I know!) but hoping that's what this board can help me with! My first mini goal is on Saturday 29th June, I have a Wedding Reception to go to, that's 6 Weeks tomorrow. X

Awww =( That's such a shame. But definitely keep posting on here. We'll be your weight loss support! Everyone needs someone to support them on what is literally a life changing journey.
Although if you can, if it's time/price/distance suitable, try and head to a WW meeting. You'll find loads of people there going through the same thing. Where I live, it's just a town, and everyone knows everyone, so I often see people from the meeting at the gym, or in the shops. And it's nice having a little chat with them, see how they're getting on, swapping stories and worries and questions.

Do you have an amount you'd like to lose in the 6 weeks?

Awww =( That's such a shame. But definitely keep posting on here. We'll be your weight loss support! Everyone needs someone to support them on what is literally a life changing journey.
Although if you can, if it's time/price/distance suitable, try and head to a WW meeting. You'll find loads of people there going through the same thing. Where I live, it's just a town, and everyone knows everyone, so I often see people from the meeting at the gym, or in the shops. And it's nice having a little chat with them, see how they're getting on, swapping stories and worries and questions.

Do you have an amount you'd like to lose in the 6 weeks?

I can't say that I have really thought about a short term weight loss goal, if I lost 6lbs I would be back in the 8 Stones and I guess 6lb In 6weeks is doable?!? X

6lbs in 6 weeks is definitely doable. It's just 1lb a week on average.
I've been losing 2lbs a week, which seems to be a good, average weight loss amount, so 1lb a week should be possible =)

Back