****2stgone over 8 to go.....oh Emma, how did you let this happen?! ****

heylyla87

Hi everyone :D

Long time reader here and I finally bit the bullet and signed up tonight seeing as I read this forum most evenings and it's been a fantastic inspiration to me so far on this looooooong journey to a healthier lifestyle.

My name is Emma, I'm 24 years old and I currently weigh 19 and a half stone (but not for long fingers crossed!)

I'v been overweight since I was about 7 years old and the lowest weight I can remember being is about 16stone when I was 18 years old.

I stepped on the scales before Xmas 2011 and weighed in at 21st 10lb which frightened me so much I decided for once and for all to stop putting my life on hold and making excuse after excuse for my lifestyle.

I'm no saint but I'm trying my best and exercise is non existant for me at the moment but since the New Year I'v lost 2 stone and I'm now 100% determined that for me, the only way is down:D I know it's not going to be easy and my willpower is crap but I'v truely committed myself to some serious weight loss goals, simply because I have to....I'm too afraid what will happen if I don't.

I'v downloaded MFP onto my phone and I'm currently trying to stick to about 1350-1500 cals per day.

So far, some weeks I'v lost, others I'v STS but from now on, I'm trying to be a lot more focused about my eating and I'm aiming for a 2-2.5lb loss per week. I know that this is probably unrealistic but I have to try.

I'v made myself some mini goals so far (which are probably a little far-fetched but a girl has to dream ;))

-10 weeks from now I'm going to a concert with friends I havent seen in ages and want to weigh 250lb which means a 25lb loss in 10 weeks, probably crazy)

-My next milestone will be when I reach 16st which is my lowest adult weight that I remember

-And hopefully, to weigh 200-210lbs by Xmas 2012.

I plan on logging here most days and would love any feedback good or bad and would definitely welcome any criticism of my crazy goals because I'm truly astounded by the willpower and success stories on here and can't wait to start my journey here and hopefully learn from others and support each other along the road :)

Welcome to the forum :)

I started off around the same weight! Your goal for the next ten weeks isn't unrealistic. You can do it!

Are you following a specific plan?

I wish you all the luck in the world. 2 stone since Xmas is brilliant xxxx

Aw thanks a mil hun, really gonna try use the forums as much as possible to keep me on track, hope you're doing great too x

Thanks guys! Not 100% sure how to work this properly yet so my replies are probably all over the place!

Not following any specific plan just calorie counting. Aiming for 1350-1500 cals per day. Im hoping to lose 202.5lbs per week at the moment. Is this too high for that weight loss with no exercise yet? I know there is no point me trying Atkins or anything like that because as soon as I cant have something I will want it!

Happy to take any tips/advice at all :)

You're loss is AMAZING, well done! What plan are you following? x

Hi and welcome to the forum, sounds like your head is in the right place which is good and that your on track to losing weight

202.5lbs a week is a lot :p lol but if you meant 2.5lbs a week, for some it can be a lot, for some (like me) its not. When I was doing WW and calorie counting I was losing 2.8 - 3lbs a week & that was with or without exercise.

Hey! welcome!

I dont think 2.5lbs a week is a lot for you at all. I think it is a perfectly achievable goal. They say that between 1 and 2lbs per week is a healthy weight loss that is sustainable over a long period of time. Those with several st to loose - like me - can probably get away with 3 or 4 lbs per week which will naturally slow down as we get closer to goal.

Keep posting and i look forward to hearing about your shrinking!!
Kate x

Thanks for the vote of confidence everyone, I really can't emphasise enough how brill I find this forum.

Was away for the weekend at a friends place, was out Saturday night and had a good few vodkas! :O

And today....well, I won't even get into it really but I do tend to allow myself a cheat day a week, not a day where I literally dont stop eating but a day where I'll have a takeaway if I fancy it or something like that.

Anyway, had a big KFC meal today....ugh! I'm not too cut up about it because I had been craving it for weeks and finally allowed myself it but I'm just hoping to God that it and the voddies the previous night don't ruin my week! :( Wednesday will tell anyway.

Anyway staright after my takeaway, went off and did my grocery shopping for the week and planned out what I'm going to have each day for each meal...I find this really does help me so at least I know that I'll be back on track for the week hopefully! Time will tell anyway!

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend x

Back on track 100% today thankfully! Have everything that I'm eating for the week planned out so hopefully it will be a good week. Still nervous of WI on Weds though cos I know I made a pig of myself Sat and Sun! :O

Eeeeek. Am 100% back on track anyway since my disaster of a weekend 1300 cals yesterday and today and plan to stick that way for the week. Weigh in tomorrow morn and feeling v scared though :( Have a bad feeling I did some damage. My clothes feel loose but I just hope it's reflected on the scales to spur me on!

Lost 1lb...bringing me to 19st8....meh. Thought I'd at least lose 2, I guess it shows me not to let my cheat day ruin my week. Did go mad to be fair.....aiming for 3lbs by next Wednesday to bring me to 19.5 :(

Been so bad as posting lately but have a lot going on. Was let go from work along with a few more people...we were only on 12 mth contracts and basically knew it wasnt going to be renewed as things are gone v quiet but still. Realisation that I'm unemployed again sucks terribly. Also might have to move home in the next month as wont be able to afford my rent...thing is dont have a good relationship with my parents at all. :( So had a pretty shitty week.

Anyway, weighed in at 19.6 yesterday / 272lb , not reaching my goals but scale is going in the right direction I guess.

Going to aim for 19.3lb for next Weds and I WILL GET IT :) :)

Sunday is going to be a cheat day (having a night out with the girls....really do need the cheering up and pizza is planned before) Will just be extra good apart from that!

Still no compliments on the weight loss apart from a friend last weekend who I was getting ready to head out with (but he hadnt seen me in ages) but I am seeing a teeny difference in the mirror, definitely feels that its coming off my belly (gut has marginally reduced lol) I guess the lack of people noticing just shows how far I have to go!

Ah well, onwards and downwards x

Hi, at least you are going in the right direction. You are doing well. I am hoping to lose 2lb a week for next 20 weeks to lose two stone before i go on holiday october. Keep up the good work, and lots of luck in reaching your goals xx

Thanks a mil, happy to be going in the right direction at least thank god. Beginning to see a tiny bit of a difference in myself. Went on a night out last night and wore a skirt that wouldnt zip up on me two months ago :) What's scary is that while I'v lost over two stone, there's not much of a difference and I still have another 7/8 stone to go. I feel it should be coming off a bit faster as I'm so heavy. It kind of frightens me how bad I let myself go. I really do think though that I'm on the right track long term even now, my attitude to eating is just so much healthier.

You're goals sound brill, I'm sure you'll get there, keep thinking of the holiday :)

Eeeeekkkk....my weight loss journey is really on my mind today. I guess its cos I saw a few friends that I hadnt seen in ages last night and I felt better than I have in a while. People that read this probably think I'm crazy when I say that cos for gods sake I'm still 19 and a half stone which is probably hard to comprehend. I think it's the fact that some of my clothes have gotten noticeably too big. It's really spurring me on and making me want to succeed. I have to lose this weight, Im just so disappointed that I didnt take it seriously until now and Im 24. Oh well.

Weighed myself today (couldnt resist) and I was 270.8lbs which is 19.5lbs......BRING ON THE 18's. Hopefully I'll be down to 19.3 for WI on Wednesday fingers and toes crossed.

Now to my goals....what I promised myself was that I would be 250lbs by 26 June when Im going to a concert with all my friends. That leaves me around 20lbs to lose in just over 7 weeks.

To be honest, I dont know if I will be able to get this as it means I nee 3lbs per week until then. Im going to try my best because reaching 250 is like a little mental milestone I have set out for myself.

Don't want to set myself up for failure but all I can do is try.

Sorry for the ramblings if anyone is reading. xxxx

Hi, just been reading...hope you don't mind. It sounds like you are working really hard at losing weight, so well done! Remember, you are doing this for you and noone else, so if you notice the difference, that's the most important thing...

Hi i have 11st to lose, started today so have a long road ahead of me but WE will all get there :)

Good luck x

Hi Emma, good luck on your journey.....You WILL do it.....:):)

Thanks for the support guys! We WILL get there...have to keep repeating that mantra!

Weighing myself tomorrow and nervous as hell. I feel like I havent been as good as I was previously in these last two weeks. I need to cop on and stop taking biscuits when offered and I even drank a can of coke yesterday which I had totally given up except very occaisionally. Anyway, I just feel I need to get more focused! All the crap I'm eating is just going to make it even longer to get to my goals.

Today for example was a crap day! Breakfast and dinner was fine but I came back home and there was about 1/4 of a big bag of Sensations left open so of course I scoffed these :( The, two of my friends came to visit and they wanted to go out for a quick bite to eat in the pub as they were starving after work. So I went and had a vol au vent. :( At least I had the cop on just to get a starter portion but it was still unnecessary. Then we called to another friend for tea on the way home and of course I had a big bloody M&S white chocolate cookie when offered it. FFS. Probably ruined my week again! What annoys me is that I'll be 100% for days at a time and then will just cut loose and make stupid choices :( And I'v been doing that more and more in the last week or two.

You think I'd have learned my lesson last week. Dreading the scales tomorrow.

Hi, nothing wrong with a good ramble hon. It is nice to be able to get into stuff that hasnt fitted for ages. I managed to get into a pair of work trousers that i havent been able to wear for ages. Hope you still doing well. xx

Back