3 lb this week :)

Toni

Back again - hey ho!
Well, last week was a bit odd, as I started a mid week refeed, 4 days into week 4... I was a bit paranoid that I wouldn't loose any atall, but the total has been 3lb's, which I'm happy enough with.

I've been pretty good, following the guide lines as best I can, and not feeling the need to pick between meals is the biggest difference I've noticed.
So, I'm hoping to do a full week of having a normal breakfast (All Bran with skimmed milk) A shake or soup for lunch, then a low fat dinner.... or swapping the morning breakfast for a shake and having a low fat lunch and dinner.... I'll see how it goes :)

This week I'm going to try and up the exercise now too.

well done Toni, ya looking good xxxxx

Well done. I'm probably doing something similar to you. I'm officially on CD, but have an Atkins cereal Bar (I know its not CD, but its cheaper and keeps me in Ketosis) for breakfast. A shake for lunch and a low carb meal in the evening ...sometimes I have two shakes a day. I'm sticking more with low carb rather then low fat. For eg, if I do fancy a fry up then I will have a fry up minus the bread! I'm still consistantly losing 2lbs a week so I have to be happy with that! I'm practically there now. I've got 4lbs to go and that gets me to my original target of 11 stone 9lbs. I may go for another stone the way I'm doing it at the moment as I'm finding it a breeze. I want to be in a size 12 and I seem to have stuck on a size 14 for ages.

Well done again hun.xx

Well done Toni. I lost 1lb, but i'm happy cos I was convinced i would put on weight the minute I ate real food! So I'm continuing to have one meal a day, and seeing the CDC today to work out a proper plan that lets me have 800-1000 cals a day and keeps me in ketosis.

Thanks Gary, Shaz and Cee Cee... best of luck in your next WI's too!!! xxxx

oh well done Toni!!!!

Well done honey you have done great! Stick at it babe, ow fat is def the key xxx

Well done honey you have done great! Stick at it babe, ow fat is def the key xxx

With me low fat is not the key, but Low Carb. I think that is why LT and CD have worked so well for me. I get IBS with carbs anyways. I can eat fat as long as the carbs are low. Its like today. I've had a CD shake for BF, Bacon/mushrooms/toms/egg for lunch and a CD shake for tea. My ketostix is still pink (maybe a bit too pink...I need to drink more water) and I know I'll still lose 2-3lbs this week.....but if I have carbs....like bread/rice/pasta...even cooked low fat and healthily, I wont lose! You have to know your body and what works for one person may not work for another.

Yeah I'm the same as you Shaz... shake a bit of bread at me and I'll put on 10lbs even without the fat. There seems to be a growing number of people that have problems with carbs. We all know the worlds getting fatter,its always on the TV and in the papers but research shows that our intake of fat hasnt gone up since the 1950's but our intake of carbs has... all the buns, cakes, pasta, speciality breads and cereals has gone up massivley (cant remember the figures now.)
I love Atkins it worked for me a few years back but then I stupidly went back to my bad habits of buns and doughnuts..... once I start its a slippery slope down and I cant stop.

......and not feeling the need to pick between meals is the biggest difference I've noticed.

Well done Toni... I cant wait to get where you are but in the quote above do you mean its really hard to stop picking between meals now youre eating or that you dont need to pick?

Wow Shaz thats great but personally i feel great with carbs, having bread and rice evryday at the min! I agree that everybody will figure out whats best for them xx

Great Loss Hunni Xxx Well Done

Well done Toni... I cant wait to get where you are but in the quote above do you mean its really hard to stop picking between meals now youre eating or that you dont need to pick?

Thanks peep's,
I meant I've noticed that my "need" to pick all day has diminished, and I just dont think about food inbetween meals... Now I have to remember to check the time to have lunch etc, and dont mind having that slight empty feeling, whereas before I would fill any last little gap in my tum I could!:rolleyes: silly really, I'm not sure what set it off either! It just snowballed into thinking about what I could nibble at next. xxx

Back