3 or 4 packs?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by smanf, 12 March 2009 Social URL.

1. smanf

smanf Full Member

Morning everyone.

I am just over 5'8" and currently only use 3 packs a day. My cdc advised me to try taking 4 packs on any days where i run/ excersise.

I dont really feel hungry but wondered if i should be taking 4 packs every day regardless incase my body goes into starvation mode.

Any advice appreciated.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Yes, you should be on 4 packs whether you are running or not.

You need 4 packs for your height to get everything your body needs.

If you are doing loads of exercise, you may well need more than 4...like the 810 plan.

4. Katycakes

Katycakes Stubborn tortoise

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.97%)
    Diet:
    Unsure
    Smanf, my CDC was confused on this and originally told me to stick to 3 for better weight loss... I was so hungry for 3 weeks, then started having 4 - felt better at once, and the weight loss was exactly the same. It means your body needs four packs, being taller than average, to cover all the nutritional basics. And if KD says 810 for anyone doing lots of exercise, I'd think about that too, she really does know what she is talking about!
    xx

5. sonya

sonya Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Smanf, I'm 5'9" and I was only taking 3 (as advised my previous CDC) and I felt really lethargic and woke up feeling like I had a hang over. My new CDC insisted that I have to take four and now I feel so much better.

I agree that if you will be doing exercises as well then maybe you shoulder consider a different plan.

Good luck Hun x.

6. Slimbride2009

Slimbride2009 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(20.12%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I agree with everyone else that you should have 4 packs a day to meet your minimum nutritional requirements. I'm 5' 7" and I have 3 packs most days but on hungry days I have 4, as suggested by my CDC. In all the books they say anyone 5'8" and above should be having 4 packs a day. For your height I think if you have less than 4, your hair, skin, nails etc would suffer.

7. Letty

Letty Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(24.37%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Sole Source
    Hi Smanf,
    I'm a hairs-breadth under 5'8" but CDC advised me to have 4 packs. At first I was sceptical and suspected her of 'upselling' me, but I was reassured it was right by Katycakes' experiences. I find I am never without energy or hungry and the fourth pack just give you that one extra 'meal' which makes the day easier. My weightloss hasn't suffered as far as I can see and I am happy with it.

8. smanf

smanf Full Member

Thanx for all the replies. Im gonna move up to 4 packs today. Its not that im physically hungry but im so, so tired all the time!

9. Letty

Letty Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(24.37%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Sole Source
    I which case I would guess that you will definitely feel better moving up- maybe cut down on the exercise a bit too? I did toning and the like last week for the first time since starting, and immediately felt washed out, which I hadn't till then. Even fell asleep in th afternoon afterwards!

10. sylvielove

sylvielove Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(35.65%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet and gastric band
    I have 4 packs, I'm 5' 8". I really don't think I could manage on 3 packs and totally respect all those who do it.

Laura x

11. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I did the diet on 3 packs as there was no SS+ then. Would have loved 4.

Enjoy your 4th, it'll make the diet much more doable :clap:

12. Slimbride2009

Slimbride2009 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(20.12%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I have a question though, what if you're under 5'8" and you have 4 packs a day? Would it hinder weight loss?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.