3 packs plus protein & veg

no1mom23

Silver Member
If im having 3 packs & a mutivitamin do i have to have the protein & veg every day? Its jus sometimes i struggle to eat everything (something very new to me - lol)

Whilst it's not following SnS 'rules' I'm on 3 packs plus veg and protein and sometimes miss both out protein or often I miss the veg out or of course I scoff the lot and look round for more.

I justify it to myself by saying I don't want my body to get complacent and expect the same thing every day, but actually it's because I'm either lazy, busy or hungry.

But the official answer would be that you should have 3packs plus 100g protein and up to 200g veg from the allowed list (but you knew that already right!?).

RaeB said:
Whilst it's not following SnS 'rules' I'm on 3 packs plus veg and protein and sometimes miss both out protein or often I miss the veg out or of course I scoff the lot and look round for more.

I justify it to myself by saying I don't want my body to get complacent and expect the same thing every day, but actually it's because I'm either lazy, busy or hungry.

But the official answer would be that you should have 3packs plus 100g protein and up to 200g veg from the allowed list (but you knew that already right!?).

Honestly wasnt sure but didnt want do anything that would effect my health : )

I would seriously consider whether to miss the protein. You can miss out the veg if you want to. Most people need a minimum of 50 g of protein a day (roughly) and you won't get that from 3 packs. Your brain needs a small amount of glucose, even when you're in ketosis, and your body provides this by turning some of the protein you eat into glucose. If you don't eat enough protein then your body will use your muscles to do this - leading to muscle wastage - and also to a lowered motabolism. The amount of protein you need does vary from person to person so I guess 3 packs would be ok for some people - but how do you know if that's you?

Perhaps you could try not having the veggies and having your protein with one of your packs? So perhaps a chilli with chicken?

Must admit I did 3 packs a day without the extra protein or veg for the first 6 weeks as the protein wasn't recommended when I started last year. I now generally add the protein or something that takes me up to 50g of protein a day or thereabouts. I just mix and match a bit but sometimes it's not strictly S&S. So it might be a protein snack bar, or a couple of eggs, or some chicken. Depends on my mood :)

Thank you everyone. Weasey i didnt realise that so very informative. Think i will continue to gave protein & veg but try & be stricter with weighing everything xx

I've been doing 3 packs plus the protein and veg.

I've weighed out 100g of protein items and frozen them (turkey, chicken breast, white fish, prawns) then i don't be tempted to cook too much of something. 100g of prawns, cooked, is a good snack to pick at :)

Sometimes i have a couple of eggs scrambled at lunchtime with around 40g mushroom in then the rest of the veg allowance later, at teatime.

The 200g of veg can look a lot taken altogether (and i had 200g of salad last night and though "i'll never eat all that!").

Hope my ramblings are of some use to you :)

EvieT said:
I've been doing 3 packs plus the protein and veg.

I've weighed out 100g of protein items and frozen them (turkey, chicken breast, white fish, prawns) then i don't be tempted to cook too much of something. 100g of prawns, cooked, is a good snack to pick at :)

Sometimes i have a couple of eggs scrambled at lunchtime with around 40g mushroom in then the rest of the veg allowance later, at teatime.

The 200g of veg can look a lot taken altogether (and i had 200g of salad last night and though "i'll never eat all that!").

Hope my ramblings are of some use to you :)

Those are great ideas & i love prawns : )

Back