3 stone gone. Starting a re-feed before festivities

fatfighter

wannabe yummy mummy
Helloooo! I'm starting S&S on Saturday, got lots to lose and will be needing your support! :)
I lost a fair bit on Cambridge back in 2009, came off plan because I got pregnant. Planned to restart then got pregnant again :8855: I'm kinda hoping that doesn't happen this time :p
Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all x

Last edited:
Lovely to have you in our little corner of the forum, and can't wait to watch you losing lots! :) Give it 3 days to get into ketosis and I promise you won't be looking back. My biggest tip to you is to stock up on the spag bol packs - it's my tasty lifeline whilst on this diet.

Hiya. That has been quite a journey already for you. So you are planning on sticking to this while looking after your little ones? Hats off to you. My youngest is two and I need to exercise huge self control when she leaves a couple of sweets in a packet or the odd cocktail sausage on her plate.
Good luck with all your goals, Saturday will soon be here.

Welcome. My start weight wasn't a million miles from yours and I'm nearly 2 stone down now :). Good luck!

Good luck for saturday! I only started yesterday and also have quite a lot to lose but I'm sure we will both do fab :) So far, not felt hungry at all and also like all the shakes i've tried so far! Keep us update with how you get on :p

Thank you all :) I lost 5st in 4 months, I've gained 2 of those back (I'm blaming back to back pregnancies and horrible morning sickness that only carbs could ease :( ) but it will be off again in no time :D
Lucy I just ordered a variety including spag bol. When I was on Cambridge I used to freeze the cartons for my evening meal, it would last ages! Will be nice to have something proper and be able to sit down with my DD of an evening.
VJ my girls are 16 months and 15 weeks, not too worried about picking as my eldest doesn't leave anything edible on her plate and only really gets sweets off her nana. They're one of the biggest motivators for me doing this <3
Well done on your loss to date BordersGirl :clap:
Good luck ConcreteDaisy! Your 1st weeks loss will be a great motivator :)

Thank you all :) I lost 5st in 4 months, I've gained 2 of those back (I'm blaming back to back pregnancies and horrible morning sickness that only carbs could ease :( ) but it will be off again in no time :D
Lucy I just ordered a variety including spag bol. When I was on Cambridge I used to freeze the cartons for my evening meal, it would last ages! Will be nice to have something proper and be able to sit down with my DD of an evening.
VJ my girls are 16 months and 15 weeks, not too worried about picking as my eldest doesn't leave anything edible on her plate and only really gets sweets off her nana. They're one of the biggest motivators for me doing this <3
Well done on your loss to date BordersGirl :clap:
Good luck ConcreteDaisy! Your 1st weeks loss will be a great motivator :)

quick note to say well done on your cambridge diet losses! i think a lot of ppl seem to find s&s easier than cambs so im sure the weight will drop off in no time :) x

I'm now on day 3 and have a cracking headache :( Hoping that passes by tomorrow morning.
So far I've liked the vanilla shakes, chocolate truffa bars and spag bol. Not at all impresssed with the porridge, cottage pie, banana shakes (loved the CD ones so that's a shame) or the citrus water flavours. The lemon bars and banana bars were "alright." (Must stop having bars every day, found on CD they slowed my losses!)
Have managed at least 3 litres every day and TBH it's been easier getting back onto it than I thought it would be :) Really looking forward to WI on Saturday!

fatfighter said:
I'm now on day 3 and have a cracking headache :( Hoping that passes by tomorrow morning.
So far I've liked the vanilla shakes, chocolate truffa bars and spag bol. Not at all impresssed with the porridge, cottage pie, banana shakes (loved the CD ones so that's a shame) or the citrus water flavours. The lemon bars and banana bars were "alright." (Must stop having bars every day, found on CD they slowed my losses!)
Have managed at least 3 litres every day and TBH it's been easier getting back onto it than I thought it would be :) Really looking forward to WI on Saturday!

Gray's on your ketosis headache. Rofl.

Also, I didn't know the bars would slow down the weight loss

Sent from my Blade using MiniMins

I think the bars slowing losses down is an individual thing. I know I could lose a pound or 2 more each week if I limited myself to 2 bars a week, but my friend had 1 bar a day and had great losses x

Yay for the 1st week being over and I'm over the moon with 11lbs off. I'd hoped for 10 so I'm well chuffed.
The only complaints I have are feeling like I'm hungover every morning (chance would be a fine thing lol) and being ketosis cold.
I've arranged with Rob to swap my 'nana shakes, cottage pie and porridge.
After Christmas I should have about 4 stone left to lose so I've decided that on my Christmas break I will be sensible (I managed not to gain anything last year, despite being pregnant so it would be nice if that happened again.) Then when I re-start in January I'll be doing a pack for breakfast and lunch with protein based snacks, maybe an egg or some cottage cheese and cucumber (if hungry) then a paleo style meal in the evening. I know this will slow my losses down but it's a way for me to be around food whilst still losing and not worrying about points or syns or calories. That's the plan anyway :)

Well done on your loss. Great stuff :clap:

Good luck for next week. I'm hoping to lose 4 stone in total by the time I break for Xmas and then get back on it in the new year (goal is not to put on more than 7lbs over the Xmas break) to lose the rest. I might introduce a meal in the evening when I get closer to goal but that decision is a long way away at the moment and I'm not sure yet. I haven't heard of the Paleo diet (there are so many around these days!) but I will do something protein based with veggies and leave out the carbs. I've already been looking at nutritional information of products on the online shopping sites in preparation for reintroducing food to prepare myself for the next stage :)

That is a fantastic loss, well done.

Thank you :)
BordersGirl- the paleo diet is basically eating the way cavemen did. Very simple food- meat and veggies mostly. Basically if it is processed in any way you don't eat it, and grains are out altogether. It's not a weightloss diet per se (lots of people do lose!) but it is a very healthy one.
Introducing the meal will be the equivalent of the 810 plan on Cambridge and average losses are still 12lbs a month x

The diet is getting easier for me now :happy036:and I've lost another 5lbs this week, making it 1st 2lbs in 2 weeks :D
Would like to think I can lose another 30lbs before Santa visits :smiley1842:
Really struggling with the water and can't stand the wahoo flavourings so I've ordered some Crazy Drops from the USA, hopefully they'll be here this week :)

Well done fatfighter! Over a stone in 2 weeks - great stuff. :clap: No reason why you shouldn't lose another 30lbs before Xmas. I'm hoping for 4 stone in total before I break for Xmas in about 7 weeks, and like you am going to try to get back on it after Xmas. I've set my goal weight a bit higher than yours (we're the same height) as I think I have a shot a maintaining at around 11 and a half stone. I don't think I could maintain 'in the 10s' even thought that's where healthy BMI sits. If I get to just over healthy BMI that's fine by me as I started in the morbidly obese category (obese 3) and am just about to hit obese 1 (0.4lbs to go) so anything has to be healthier than that!

I drink a lot of black decaf tea so I don't find the liquid target too bad (as I count the tea as there is no caffeine in it). Think I'd struggle if I had to drink just cold water tho.

Having said all of that I'm struggling a bit today. I had about 100g of plain chicken yesterday that I shouldn't have had, and I've just had a cup of latte coffee from our machine :eek:. It's TOTM and that always makes things hard for me with the double whammy that you know that the weight loss isn't going to be too good either at that time. The coffee is 89 calories and 8g carbs and if I only have the 1 I'm hoping that it'll be ok. Plus on top of that I'm ketosis cold and had to order an electric blanket as I was so damn cold the last couple of nights. I have days and days of things being fine and then I get a couple of difficult days. Still, it will be worth it in the end I hope!

You're doing so well, and if every day was easy then we wouldn't be the size we are!
I'm ketosis cold too, I actually look forward to the soups to feel warm from the inside out! An electric blanket is a great idea. My DH will have to do haha!
Hope you're OK with the coffee x

I lost 3lbs at my WI last week which brings my total losses up to 19lbs in 3 weeks :D When I started this diet I wanted 50lbs off for Christmas. I hope that is still achievable. I'll need 4lbs losses every week from now til then so it's a fair bit of pressure.
I need to make sure I'm having all my packs, sometimes I struggle to have all 3 and end up having just 2. I feel really full after a shake or spag bol. Bars are ideal for an evening but having too many affects my losses.

Back