30 day no chocolate challenge!

twiglets84

So, I'm sure I'm not the only one here who's weakness is chocolate!

I'm challenging myself to give it up for 30 days in order to get my cravings under control! In fact it's sugar in general that's an issue so I'm also giving up cake and biscuits and any other sugary goodies.

So the question is, who's with me?! I'll be starting day 3 tomorrow.

Let's do it!

Xx

Well done on your good start :) kicking sugar is so hard, I gave it up in March last year and the first couple of weeks were just horrible, I gave up potatoes, white flour, rice and other high gi and processed carbs at the same time. The first couple of weeks were the worst but it gets a lot easier after that.

Wow! Giving up all those thing must have been hard! At the moment I'm just giving up the obviously bad sugary things, but perhaps might add more as I go along!

I've always followed slimming world so high carb low fat so if I give up potatoes, pasta etc I'd have little left but veg to eat!

Perhaps will look more into the low gi idea though. Slimming world has worked for me as am a target member but still struggle to maintain... Often up and down half a stone or so.

Did you give up these foods to lose weight? If so did it work?

I'm definitely an all or nothing sort of person when it comes to food - I'd never have had the willpower to give things up over a period of time, or just have a little. It was easier for me to just have a blanket ban on everything, or I'd up convincing myself that a little bit of cake wasn't much worse than the white bread and I'd never have got anywhere lol.
I did lose some weight a few years ago on a low fat diet, but it was harder for me, I think I was hungrier. I wasn't on SW but I had gallstones so didn't have much choice in the diet.

I gave those up for both weight loss and health. Bit of an odd thing that triggered it - I heard on a tv program that dark armpits/neck can be a sign of an insulin problem, and because I've had that since I was a teenager it gave me a bit of a scare and I stopped eating high gi foods and sugars within 2 days. Probably a bit of an extreme reaction lol but I had been wanting/trying to lose weight for some time before that with only short lived success. I lost almost 3 stone last year though (I reset my stats new years day) so definitely worked for me

Good start to beating the cravings. Overcoming the snacking is very difficult. Some strategies I have used to help overcome eating the bad snacks when a craving arises are: have smaller more frequent meals, this keeps me fuller more energized for longer. Not buying bad snacks, instead buying extra fruit and alternative healthy snacks such as nuts, yogurt etc.

good luck

Bit of a late in the day post as the last post was Feb 2015 but I just wanted to tell you about "The Chocolate" challenge I did in another site.
The site unfortunately no longer exsists which is a shame really because I found it very helpful anyway the challenge was to not have chocolate for 2 weeks and I was convinced I'd never make it me being a chocoholic lol, the first week was painful and I literally had major rows with myself the 2nd week was a little better, not much but by this time I was more determined than ever by the end of the 2 weeks I felt cocky enough to extend it for another 2 weeks and then another and another.
I am at the point were chocolate and other sweet stuff no longer dominates my life I have a bar after shopping, the odd biscuit and occasionally a slice of cake.
The site was excellent you could make your challenges public (I got lots of support going public) or you could keep it private, you got regular congratulatory post both from admin and others doing the challenge.

Back