30 Day Shred - Join me if you dare!! (Started 25.08.13)

CornishTT

Whatever it takes!
Hi guys, today I have started the 30 day shred!! Would be great if I have similar minded people who did this with me but I am determined to do this on my own if I have to.

I will be doing this over 5 weeks, 6 days on, 1 day rest. From what I've read I think I need this rest day to avoid injury (i'm carrying and extra 7st) and sickness. You're welcome to do it however you please.

Feel free to join this thread and the challenge at any point, I don't mind! Just add your name to the bottom, which day you're on and which level (as I have in my first post) and update as you do. If you miss a day or two, or week, no worries, I aint the workout police, up to you.

I am also going to dare you to post you before and after pics, IF YOU DARE!! I am going to post my before pics (be prepared!)

This is the picture that inspired me to start this.

30dayprogress3.jpg

Basically, my tummy looks very similar (though, I am not as slim as this lady). I will be posting a pic of me in my nickers and tank top and am determined to get similar results.

If you don't have the dvds, don't worry, full workouts are all over utube and the net, google them and you will find them!

LET'S GET THIS CHALLENGE STARTED!!!

Last edited:
Ok, so I just got hubby to take a photo of me and I am shocked! :eek::eek::eek::eek::(:(:(

later : I would like to add that I have had two c-sections and that has def not helped the paunch/apron either.

I thought I looked like the lady above, the reality is much scarier. I cannot believe that my once best asset (always had a stomach to be proud of) is now *choke* an 'apron'. I have to be honest, I don't know if the 30 day shred will do it.

Let's see, shall we?

Last edited:
I really really want to join..... Will see if I can them on YouTube as I don't have the DVD and not much room to do it in the lunge. If I could play it on the iPad I could do it in the kitchen which is much bigger. Now, am I brave enough to post a pic of me at 16st3??? Hmmmmm ........ Xx

Do it Kimmi! Here are the links. I am sure you can play it off our ipad, kitchen would be fine but you would need a mat as do floor work too (situps, pushups, etc.) and a light weight of dumbells. tbh, first week I think I'll skip the bells as I found it tough enough to just do it with my arms, let alone weights too!

Links:
level 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
level 2 -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxvLerfthAA

Also, see this website, you can view links, http://www.4shared.com/video/GjYUBZTI/30_day_shred_-_level_1m4vff.html
but I just bought the dvd, only £5 used off amazon!

You don't HAVE to post pic of yourself, I did it because just needed a wakeup call, still delusional and in denial over weight. I weight 17st11. :thumbdown:

Last edited:
Okey dokey I'm in!!! Bf is on nights so will do the first one tonight!! Will take a pic so I have something to compare at the end!! I have my friends wedding in 31 days hopefully this will speed up the weight loss!! X

Excellent Kimmi! Welcome aboard, I'm really getting into it now, got a workout sheet, apparently you're meant to do level 1 for 10 days, then level 2 for another 10 then level 3 for the last 10. I've attached the workout schedules and I'm game to do all 3 (what have I signed myself up for?!?!?!)

Attachments

• 30 day shred planner.jpg
    30 day shred planner.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 29,455
  • 30 day shred planner2.jpg
    30 day shred planner2.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 16,548
Hi guys!

Count me in. I'm going to start tomorrow, so I'll take my photo, weight.
I'm also going to measure waist/hips/bust.

:)

Do you all do Atkins (this post was posted on Atkins forum) as I am going to begin Atkins tomorrow as well!

I will join you too - but a bit later in the week as my hubby is off work at the moment and I won't do it in front of him as I think I look rediculous.

i have the DVD but the longest I ever managed to keep it up was 7 days. Maybe if others are doing it, it will motivate me to keep it up!

I did it last year and felt great after the 30 days. Did it 6 days a week for 5 weeks.
Don't know where my dedication has gone.
But I'm determined to get it back.

I managed to do 15 days of the shred in feb this year. I had to stop as I broke my ribs (not through the shred but coughing - of all things!)

Anyway, I took some pics after only 7 days and I think you can see a difference. Also note that the before is before breakfast and the 'after' is about 8pm - so after a days worth of eating.

It works. It's hard but it works.

image-294254149.jpg

Unfortunately I think I deleted the other photos. Please excuse the socks!!

Hiya Guys!! Welcome and thanks for joining me in this madness!! :D

I have to say I am feeling it already, in my tummy and legs, I hope I can keep this up for 30 days.

I take my hat off to you jonsgirl for doing 7 days in a row and toyou MrsE for doing 30 days of it! I like the way you've done it 30 days over 5 weeks, I might have to go this route as I am carrying nearly a whole other person's weight and I am terribly unfit.

I am worried I will burn out but will see how it goes. I am going to go the whole 30 days in a row and see if I can do it, but nice to know there is an out if I need a rest. That Jillian doesn't jump out of the dvd and come and shout at you if you have a rest day, does she?
PS. I know kimmi and I are doing atkins, not sure what the rest are doing?

Feel free to copy and paste and add your level day, if you wish, thought it might be nice to let everyone know what we're all doing, what do you guys think? We can also add our diets if that's any good?
MrsE13 -
Jonsgirl80 -
kimmi1982 -
DropAndGimme80 -
AtkinsFTW - Day 1 - Level 1 - Atkins

Here's to a slimmer, fitter, shredded us, go for girls!!

Wow Kellmo, you can really see the difference in your pics - especially around your tummy. I think I'll take a pic too so I can see the difference.

Just have to work up the courage to post my vast mountains of blinding white flab on here.

I'm doing Atkins too - for who ever it was that was asking?

for what it's worth I found level 1 really hard but I had a sneaky go at level 2 and level 3 and for some reason found them much easier - I have no idea why.

Thanks for sharing kellmo! I can see a difference, in your tummy (even after a day of eating) and back, just under the bra line, both look trimmer and firmer. Did you do 30 days in a row or as suggested above by MrsE 6 days on, 1 day off, for 5 weeks?

Wanna give it another try with us? :)

No I did every single day from what I remember! It's no wonder I got ill. I was on teaching practice (looong hours) Dukan diet and 30 day shred. I managed 15 consecutive days and he photos are from only 1 week. I SHOULD have had rest days, they're CRUCIAL.

I will consider doing it again however I do have a gym member ship currently going to waste!

Good luck everyone xxx

I also think my bum looks more lifted after 7 days.
(It's back near my knees now!)

Photo not a must jonsgirl. Don't feel you have you, but I dare you! Lol. I guess for me it's kinda the equivalent of weighing in? In 10 days time I'll post a pic again, and then at 20 and the final. I want this forum to be one of my motivators, if I have to post another (gargantuan, flabby and loose) picture of myself, if I work hard enough it will be a better (smaller, more toned and firmer) me. I was going to add 'hopefully' into that sentence, but I'm not, it's a fact I will be, not a hope (go me!)

Haha maybe I'll get hubby to take one tomorrow - before I've eaten anything lol

I'm new to this forum but would really like to join you too!
My boyfriend comes back from Afghan in 6 weeks and I want to look super hot for him. I don't have a set goal, I just haven't dieted in so long if I can stick to Atkins for 30 days I will be really happy, and go to the gym every day still! :)

Back