30 somethings... where do you shop?

Trixicle

Hi, I am going to need to go out and buy some new clothes soon. The last time I was this size I was in my 20s and although I kept some of my clothes they are very out of date now, and I think I need some grown-up clothes as I am now in my 30s!!! I have hardly bought anything over the last few years and what I have bought are things I could get into -not things that actually suited me or looked nice!

Where do you 30 somethings shop? I am a bit of a rock chick but don't want to end up looking like a teenage girl! :eek:

Hi, I am going to need to go out and buy some new clothes soon. The last time I was this size I was in my 20s and although I kept some of my clothes they are very out of date now, and I think I need some grown-up clothes as I am now in my 30s!!! I have hardly bought anything over the last few years and what I have bought are things I could get into -not things that actually suited me or looked nice!

Where do you 30 somethings shop? I am a bit of a rock chick but don't want to end up looking like a teenage girl! :eek:

Next are grown up but still youthful is that makes sense lol xx im a jeans and tank top kinda girl so i shop at charity shops as in my eyes jeans will never go out of fashion lol x i find shopping like i do im.unique as i can fall on some lovely tops no one else has xx But for comfort and style Next is definitely a must xx i bought some jeans at xmas from there and must admit there have now become my fave pair lol

Charity shops and Ebay. I just won't pay shop prices for clothes! I like really nice quality clothes, and certainly couldn't afford to buy them in shops, but I have some lovely things which I have bought online. And I have a small Prada handbag which I bought in a charity shop for 99p. They were convinced it was a fake, I was sure it wasn't. I had it checked out and found that I was right, so I went back and gave the charity shop some more money - it was still a bargain though!

Charity shops and Ebay. I just won't pay shop prices for clothes! I like really nice quality clothes, and certainly couldn't afford to buy them in shops, but I have some lovely things which I have bought online. And I have a small Prada handbag which I bought in a charity shop for 99p. They were convinced it was a fake, I was sure it wasn't. I had it checked out and found that I was right, so I went back and gave the charity shop some more money - it was still a bargain though!

A girl after my own heart xx i bought some lovely shoes hardly worn from a charity shop for £3.99 last week :) and a duffle coat from Next for £2.50 for my son too

For my work clothes I have been getting phase eight and m&s. I don't ware trousers and I know my size and fit in these clothes so easy to order them from eBay etc as well

I like a bit of 'ethno-chic' and love Monsoon and Anokhi at East, although both are a bit pricey so I usually wait for their sales. I like Phase 8 too, but they don't really go up to my size any more (looking forward to being able to shop there again soon though, hopefully!)

Thanks for the replies :)

Going to look online now!

Another vote for charity shops! Last year I bought two Monsoon dresses from the PDSA shop for £15 - one was brand new and still had the tags on.

I also get stuff from Next and New Look, and M&S for basics.

(In the spirit of full disclosure, I am a bit past my thirties!)

Back