Step 1 Sole Source 300lbs Day 1 tomorrow - seeking wisdom of experienced CWPers!

Fiftyx50

Howdy!

Even though I live in a metric world & have known for ages I was over 130kgs, converting my start weight to metric tonight for this board has startled me!

300 pounds! THREE HUNDRED POUNDS!

I need to get serious about losing weight & stop telling myself "it is okay" that things "aren't that bad" during the rare times I am not completely despondant about my weight.

This forum is soooooo big. I am reading my way through it and there is much great information to be found, but I can't go on reading here for hours at a time.

So if people are willing, I'd love to hear your best pieces of advice for succeeding with CWP.

Day 1 of CWP via SS is tomorrow....I need to 'borrow' your best ideas. I HAVE TO do this!

50 x

Hi Fifty! Welcome to the diet. I was roughly the same weight when I started but I am not as tall as you (marginally ;) ) and all I can say is that this diet is hard but does really work.

My main advice is to have paracetamol at the ready if you used to live a carb-fuelled life before.

Also make sure you are always within walking distance of a loo!

And be ready for early nights because at the beginning, hunger is harder when watching TV in the evening.

But also be prepared for your first WI, which will probably be quite big. And your second one too :D And then just watch yourself blooming into a more confident person as the weight drop off :)

Hello 50,

Welcome, this site is quiet over whelming at the start but ull get use to it and the support is brillant i know many days if i didnt have it i would of given up.

Great Advice from Book worm, youll spend most days on the toliet from all the water!!Lol.

First week will be the hardest because you will be getting use to the lack of food and also the types of shakes/soups you will enjoy.Everyone is different and some shakes suits others.

This is my 8th week when i first started cambridge when i got weighted i nearly fell off it i never realised how heavy i was and how did i leave it get this far, but look your in the right mind set now, you need to be determind and you weight will fall off you.

Im currently on ss+ so i do 2 soups 1 shake small meal, and i have lost weight every week some weeks only 2 lbs but its still a loss,so if your finding it hard you could switch to that but see how you feel.

Make sure you have the shakes cold, soup with -mixed herbs eg basil or black pepper. Drink looooads of water, i slice a piece of lemon its not allowed but its the only way i drink it and its fine.

Glad your starting to share you journey with us. Listen if it was easy to be skinny then everyone would be. :D

1) Have a bottle of water permanently attached and just keep chugging.
2) Blend ice with the shakes
3) Find things to do in the evening/weekend
4) Avoid waching TV too much in first few days (everything seems to be food)
5) No matter how bad it seems, by day 4/5 you will get into ketosis and it will all be ok.

Good luck

Buy some fibre powder/capsules
Keep chewing gum handy
If you work tell the people you sit with what you're doing so they can keep you on track and motivated
Have a goal in mind eg a holiday or special event that you'd love to look slimmer for

:)

My main advice is to have paracetamol at the ready if you used to live a carb-fuelled life before.

I second that as I naively thought that after having done Atkins in the past I'd be fine with carb withdrawals and such like but oh my days I actually vomited on my first day and the worst headache that I ever experienced! My mum described me as death warmed up! I couldn't believe how awful I felt! The memory of that day still gives me the willies and away from the sugar cravings!

The hardest part is getting started and taking that first step to changing your life!

My main tip would be sip your water throughout the day don't gulp it in large volumes. It hits your stomach and yuk! Sips keeps you full throughout the day and hunger at bay

I have had 5 weeks off plan and back today just completed day 1. Everyone is different but I have had no headaches, dizzy spells etc first time so hoping I'm same this time.

Oh also if you have a 'blip' best to confess, and move on font dwell on it as it will only hold you back :)

Good luck and look forward to following your progress.

Fantastico! Bookworm, I can't tell you how heartened I was to wake today on Day 1 to find this string of responses all containing great advice!

You made me larf...."carb fuelled life"!!! You know me TOO well!

Walking distance of a loo??? I am an old woman...that is how I live already!

Paracetemol? Check!

Early nights? Check!

The thought of being where you are now? Best motivation EVER!!

Thank you! Nice to 'meet' you! Look forward to talking again!

50 x

Hi Fifty! Welcome to the diet. I was roughly the same weight when I started but I am not as tall as you (marginally ;) ) and all I can say is that this diet is hard but does really work.

And be ready for early nights because at the beginning, hunger is harder when watching TV in the evening.

But also be prepared for your first WI, which will probably be quite big. And your second one too :D And then just watch yourself blooming into a more confident person as the weight drop off :)

Hi Emz:

Again...thanks to those who have taken time out to post here. It has made Day 1 so much easier knowing I am not alone!

Ditto to what you say about letting it get this far. Ugh! Had a real case of that today. Caught a glimpse of myself while out. *sob!*

I've noted that a number of people here do well on SS+ so I will keep that very much in mind!

This not eating thing is odd though...wot to do with hands and mouth? Makes me realise how much time I spend shoving stuff in my cake hole!

It will take some getting used to these water levels I tell yer....but will make a difference...better than feeling dehydrated all the time.

Thanks for taking the time to reply...I look forward to catching up with our story!

50 x

Hello 50,

Welcome, this site is quiet over whelming at the start but ull get use to it and the support is brillant i know many days if i didnt have it i would of given up.

Great Advice from Book worm, youll spend most days on the toliet from all the water!!Lol.

First week will be the hardest because you will be getting use to the lack of food and also the types of shakes/soups you will enjoy.Everyone is different and some shakes suits others.

This is my 8th week when i first started cambridge when i got weighted i nearly fell off it i never realised how heavy i was and how did i leave it get this far, but look your in the right mind set now, you need to be determind and you weight will fall off you.

Im currently on ss+ so i do 2 soups 1 shake small meal, and i have lost weight every week some weeks only 2 lbs but its still a loss,so if your finding it hard you could switch to that but see how you feel.

Make sure you have the shakes cold, soup with -mixed herbs eg basil or black pepper. Drink looooads of water, i slice a piece of lemon its not allowed but its the only way i drink it and its fine.

Glad your starting to share you journey with us. Listen if it was easy to be skinny then everyone would be. :D

Fantastico! Bookworm, I can't tell you how heartened I was to wake today on Day 1 to find this string of responses all containing great advice!

You made me larf...."carb fuelled life"!!! You know me TOO well!

Walking distance of a loo??? I am an old woman...that is how I live already!

Paracetemol? Check!

Early nights? Check!

The thought of being where you are now? Best motivation EVER!!

Thank you! Nice to 'meet' you! Look forward to talking again!

50 x

Hi 50, you're welcome :) When I started this diet for the first time, many moons ago, I didn't think I'd be able to see the overweight category, let alone start thinking about target weight. The good thing with CWP, however, is that most weeks, you'll have a loss. Not every week as our bodies are sometimes influenced by our hormones (TOTM, etc) but a STS usually leads to a bigger loss the following week.

We've almost all had a carb-fuelled life, hehe, that's why we have to diet now. I do love my carbs, but now, they'll be in moderation!

Come back on here when you need help, either on your diary or in the main section. There'll always be someone to help. :) I wouldn't be able to to CWP (or any kind of diet) without this forum. Rarely have I seen a community that is so nice and caring, and it's a haven for us 'fat people' as the outside world is very harsh with us.

How did you find out about CWP? And what made you choose this option? Nice to 'meet' you too :)

Theres no problem 50, were all here to helo each other and its nice to discuss with people who know what your going through, its life changing.

Soon when you start to look in the mirror u wont sob, slowly you will c differnce in u face or stomach etc. I heard you loose weight from head down. Im still wiating for mine to get to my tree trunk legs ....*Shudders*

ld Keep ss+ in mind hun, or even do half and half might be an option.

Hope everyone is having a good day and a nice weekend.

As you said no more bad stuff going into our "CAKE HOLES" ha ha

E x

Haha I like the "cake holes" image :D

I didn't know we lose from the head down: that'd explain why behind is taking its time :mad:

Oh this wonderful moment when you catch your reflection in the mirror and you think "wow, I've really lost weight in face/arms/neck/belly/legs" :D

I am on Step 2, 50. My losses are slightly slower but I couldn't live without my evening meal :eek:

Hi BW:

This forum does seem very welcoming, although I do find the navigation nigh on impossible! If I don't make it back here, just assume I am lost here somewhere!

Wow...thinking of goal weight? How/when will you decide that?

I am in Australia, & did a VLCD briefly a few years ago in the form of Optifast which was about all that was available locally. Although it was a program being used in hospitals here, outside there was no support & to add to the confusion the product guidelines were quite different to those of America - the only place to get online info about it. Eventually there was a prolonged Optifast shortage & I tried some cheap meal replacement shakes not meant for VLCDs before eventually giving up. I read UK newspapers & often see stories on CWP successes & understood it wasn't available here (Darn! Blast!) until recently when doing a Google search & whaddya know....there has been a local CWP for about 2 years. We don't have all the products available here yet.

My food issues need the serious discipline of a VLCD. I know only too well the way my mind works & the many many methods of weight loss that I will fail in.

I am taking things 'one day at a time' but looking forward to the day I can count whole weeks going by, rather than single days!

50 x

Hi 50, you're welcome :) When I started this diet for the first time, many moons ago, I didn't think I'd be able to see the overweight category, let alone start thinking about target weight. The good thing with CWP, however, is that most weeks, you'll have a loss. Not every week as our bodies are sometimes influenced by our hormones (TOTM, etc) but a STS usually leads to a bigger loss the following week.

We've almost all had a carb-fuelled life, hehe, that's why we have to diet now. I do love my carbs, but now, they'll be in moderation!

Come back on here when you need help, either on your diary or in the main section. There'll always be someone to help. :) I wouldn't be able to to CWP (or any kind of diet) without this forum. Rarely have I seen a community that is so nice and caring, and it's a haven for us 'fat people' as the outside world is very harsh with us.

How did you find out about CWP? And what made you choose this option? Nice to 'meet' you too :)

LOL! I realise now it must be a local expression as in "shove that in your cake hole!"

There is of course a savoury version in the form of "pie hole"!

Note to self: remember you are talking internationally here!

Head down you say? *Rubs chins* that sounds good!

You gals sound like great fun! Woot!

50 x

Haha I like the "cake holes" image :D

I didn't know we lose from the head down: that'd explain why behind is taking its time :mad:

Oh this wonderful moment when you catch your reflection in the mirror and you think "wow, I've really lost weight in face/arms/neck/belly/legs" :D

I am on Step 2, 50. My losses are slightly slower but I couldn't live without my evening meal :eek:

Life changing? That is just what I need!!

Less sobbing at my own reflection would be great too.....not being afraid of mirrors would be a start too!

You think you have a problem in the form of tree-trunk legs? I have a tree-trunk head!

Definately keeping SS+ in reserve. For now I have to limit my cake hole intake!

50 x

Theres no problem 50, were all here to helo each other and its nice to discuss with people who know what your going through, its life changing.

Soon when you start to look in the mirror u wont sob, slowly you will c differnce in u face or stomach etc. I heard you loose weight from head down. Im still wiating for mine to get to my tree trunk legs ....*Shudders*

ld Keep ss+ in mind hun, or even do half and half might be an option.

Hope everyone is having a good day and a nice weekend.

As you said no more bad stuff going into our "CAKE HOLES" ha ha

E x

Thanks Chlo:

I've done the ice each time....definately works for me!

Yes....doing distractionary things in the evening. Am turning off from any tv food!

Definately hoping this feeling of blergh is going to pass....roll on Day 3!

Thanks & hope to speak again!

50 x

1) Have a bottle of water permanently attached and just keep chugging.
2) Blend ice with the shakes
3) Find things to do in the evening/weekend
4) Avoid waching TV too much in first few days (everything seems to be food)
5) No matter how bad it seems, by day 4/5 you will get into ketosis and it will all be ok.

Good luck

Hi Quiff!

Wow...a stone gone in 3 weeks?

Hmmm...am on standby for the er....*problem*.

Not a chewy fan & thankfully I do not have to eat with anyone EVER....DP has even started eating away from me to help in these early days!

Still working on some real goals though....

50 x

Buy some fibre powder/capsules
Keep chewing gum handy
If you work tell the people you sit with what you're doing so they can keep you on track and motivated
Have a goal in mind eg a holiday or special event that you'd love to look slimmer for

:)

Hi Shazzy!

Wow...you are another success story!

Yes...these early days....ughhh!

I don't understand this whole sugar thing: have grappled with it for years! I used to dose myself up on chocolate as as soon as I stopped wolfing it down the headaches began, so it was like a drug. Stopping was to risk withdrawal like side affects & disrupt life horribly. If I didn't get the 'dose' right I'd be a bit like I am just now (going into Day 3) and live in a crazy headache tinged twilight!

I want to end all that by doing this!

Glad to hear you survived it to have such wonderful success.

50 x

I second that as I naively thought that after having done Atkins in the past I'd be fine with carb withdrawals and such like but oh my days I actually vomited on my first day and the worst headache that I ever experienced! My mum described me as death warmed up! I couldn't believe how awful I felt! The memory of that day still gives me the willies and away from the sugar cravings!

The hardest part is getting started and taking that first step to changing your life!

Hey Laura!

How did you go...did the headaches stay away? I hope so! I felt okay for the 1st half of Day 2, but reverted to feeling not so great for 2nd half!

Still adjusting to the water....think my filter needs replacing...or my sense of taste has gone a bit off!

50 x

My main tip would be sip your water throughout the day don't gulp it in large volumes. It hits your stomach and yuk! Sips keeps you full throughout the day and hunger at bay

I have had 5 weeks off plan and back today just completed day 1. Everyone is different but I have had no headaches, dizzy spells etc first time so hoping I'm same this time.

Oh also if you have a 'blip' best to confess, and move on font dwell on it as it will only hold you back :)

Good luck and look forward to following your progress.

Hey Fifty

How are you doing today? I'm a returner on day 14, just wanted to say hang on in there as its worth the fight! Oh and make sure you update your goals! You made it through your first one :)

LollyPop xx

Back