30lbs in 10 weeks!?

Discussion in 'Challenges - Weight Loss & Otherwise!' started by Spitfirex, 10 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Spitfirex

Spitfirex Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.35%)
    3lbs per week, right. I CAN do this!
    I've not been happy with how I look for a while now, but I'm not just unmotivated, I'm lazy too - which, I realise, is how I've put on so much weight in the last year!
    During the winter, I drove to work every day, and coupled with eating the polar opposite of what would be considered healthy, I've put on at least half of what I'm trying to lose.
    Am I crazy to think I can do this on my own?
    My sister wasn't trying, specifically, to lose weight. She just wanted feel fitter! - She just started walking to work and cutting out junk food. She lost about three stone though. (Not in 10weeks, I don't know when she started.)
    I have hope that this can work for me as well, especially as I am consciously making an effort to slim down. At the moment, I walk to/from work (twenty minutes each way) four days a week, get my 5 a day, I'm drinking a minimum of one litre of water every day, go for half hour long walks (at a brisk pace) most days and have cut out junk food/sweets/fizzy drinks. But this is more just a new year's resolution (that I've started at the new tax year, rather than calender year lol!) to eat better and get more exercise.
    Is this going to be enough to lose the amount I'm aiming for?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi there

Id say 3lbs a week is probably overly ambitious, thats more a VLCD rate, not a healthy eating rate. Youd be better aiming for 1 - 2lbs a week, thats more realistic.

Is the 1 litre of water all youre drinking??? If so its not enough, if youre on a food diet you need around 2 litres of fluid a day at least.

4. Spitfirex

Spitfirex Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.35%)
    Oh okay, thanks. I did think it seemed a bit too optimistic lol - No, no. A minimum of one litre. :)

5. princessniknak

princessniknak Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.14%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Id agree that this is maybe a little bit optimistic. The thing I find is you are better giving yourself lower targets because if you dont reach the targets you set yourself you will end up deflated and disappointed.

The way I think of it is even if you only lose a stone in 10 weeks at least its a whole stone less than when you started! :)

Good luck :)

6. Spitfirex

Spitfirex Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.35%)
    Yeah, I joined this forum for advice like this, so thank you ladies. I have now altered my ticker :)

7. Lil_Mrs_Sunshine

Lil_Mrs_Sunshine Spring Challenge!

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.64%)
    Can I join in your challenge spitfire?

I'd love to be 30lbs down in 15 weeks, even 20 weeks. My husband and I have booked a holiday to new york (honeymoon) in October and I want to be at goal for this.

:)

8. Spitfirex

Spitfirex Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.35%)
    Firstly, you lucky thing! I hope you have a lovely time. And about the challenge... Ofc! Do let me know how you get on :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.