35 days of ketosis

zoerunsfaster

Hi! I'm on day 2 of s&s and thought I'd start a diary to record my journey. I've done various diets over the last year and a half, when I reached my all time highest weight of 14 st 11 lbs. I'm still significantly below this but have gained a stone and a couple of lbs in the last few months so need to get back on track. I usually run, and have a half marathon in late September, so instead of committing to a vcld and forgoing training, I'm going to commit to staying in ketosis (carbs under 70g max) and upping my calories if I want to run, using s&s packs to help. I know this isn't strictly s&s but I don't know where else to put my diary! Plus I like reading the stuff on this forum.

Yesterday was day 1. Because my packs arrived late afternoon, and I was going out in the evening, rather than "start tomorrow" as I have been doing for the last few months, I adapted.

Start weight: 12 st 6 lbs (urggghhhh)

L - cheese omelette, coffee with a dash of skimmed milk
S - s&s nougat bar, tea with a dash of skimmed milk
T - stirfried pork mince wrapped in lettuce leaves, 2 glasses white wine (!)

Cals: 1200, carbs 51g

Today I plan to stick to 4 packs, no food. Packs at 10am, 1pm, 4pm and 8pm. I'm being quite rigid until ketosis kicks in!

This morning I felt hungry and weak, but someone i know compared hunger to itching a mosquito bite. If you scratch a little the urge just gets stronger, but if you stay strong and resist, in a few minutes the urge will disappear. Mentally, this has really helped me, and got me through making my kids' breakfasts without a slip.

I've just got to remember that if I work hard at this, I could be back to my April weight of 10.13 by the time school goes back in September.

Back