38m 45s - happy with that!

Devon Dolce

1lb at a time!
Just ran/walked the Race for Life - wanted to do it in under 40 this year and woohoo I did it! Makes such a difference being almost 2 stone lighter!

This is such a worthwhile cause as so many of us are affected by this awful disease - love and hugs to everyone xxx

Thats fantastic DD - well done you! A time to be proud of :happy096:

I lost my chance to run/walk this year due to my broken foot so am cheering all my friends on from the sidelines!

I totally agree - a very worthwhile and enjoyable event xx :)

Well done, I did my first Race for Life at the o2 in May and i walked it (v. unfit!) in 54 mins 30 secs. Ive also entered the adidas womens 5k race in hyde park on 5th Sept, with the intention of jogging/running, but I just cant seem to get my lazy ass into gear, lol!

Well done, I did my first Race for Life at the o2 in May and i walked it (v. unfit!) in 54 mins 30 secs. Ive also entered the adidas womens 5k race in hyde park on 5th Sept, with the intention of jogging/running, but I just cant seem to get my lazy ass into gear, lol!

Oh my god I've just entered that! doing it for Alteizemers which my dad died of 2 years ago. It will be my first 5k and I'm very unfit but my two girls and my sister are doing it with me.

Well done on doing the race for life today x

Well done to you. X

Well done everyone who takes part in this brilliant event.

It isn't done here, well not in my part of the country. Perhaps I should start it.

xxx

Unfortunately, i will be on my own again, doing it for the ms society although i wasnt aware at the time about the other charities, otherwise i may have chosen alzheimers (my nan died from it) or the cancer charity (my mum died at 45 of breast cancer) - wonder if i can change charities?? Have now decided that i will try and jog on the treadmill next time im in the gym (only managed 30 secs last time tho, lol!). Hopefully, i can finish in a more respectable time.

i am doing this on Sunday - cant wait - its my first one, and ive got fancy dress bits and bobs!!! wooop!

x

Lots of photos please Elleb.
photo.gif

I think whichever charity you do it for it is such a worthwhile thing to do.......

xxx

Congratulations!

Back