3D Tv and sky help

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
has anyone got a 3d tv that could help please. my sister in law has just bought one and it doesnt come with any glasses. Now do the ones that you get at the cinema work? or do you have to buy the ones that are ridiculous money and if so, why do they have batteries in them.
When you get 3D channels added to sky, do these glasses merge the two screens.
thank you in advance.

I believe you have to buy the stupidly expensive glasses. There are two different ways 3D TV works (one way is to only allow one eye to see vertical light and the other to only see horizontal, I think, I can't remember the other - my OH has explained it to me multiple times at length!!) The cinema uses one method (I presume the cheaper, less effective method) whilst 3D TVs use the other, hence why you need different glasses.

Sorry I can't explain much more than that... my OH is the brains when it comes to technology, I just remember the cans and cannots, not the whys and wherefores!

I believe you have to buy the stupidly expensive glasses. There are two different ways 3D TV works (one way is to only allow one eye to see vertical light and the other to only see horizontal, I think, I can't remember the other - my OH has explained it to me multiple times at length!!) The cinema uses one method (I presume the cheaper, less effective method) whilst 3D TVs use the other, hence why you need different glasses.

Sorry I can't explain much more than that... my OH is the brains when it comes to technology, I just remember the cans and cannots, not the whys and wherefores!

thank you, that is what i thought too. she is mad there were two tv's one LG and one Samsung. She bought the Samsung one because her son said so and it doesnt come with any glasses, whereas the LG one came with 7 pairs. So she has paid £1500 for a tv, £500 for insurance and now has to buy 5 pairs of glasses at £70 each. madness

There are two types of 3d glasses - one is passive and the other powered. The powered ones being more expensive.

I can't believe anyone got charged extra for 3d glasses. Haggling not their strong point?;)

Not sure if they still do it, but John Lewis price match and usually give free 5 year warranty with all large screen tv's:)

I have seen adverts for 3D television but had no idea you had to wear special glasses to watch it. What happens if you already wear glasses - do the special ones fit over them?I can't imagine it being worth the trouble - let alone the expense. £1500 for a television????

I was looking at them in House of Fraiser a couple of weeks ago (only dreaming as could never afford one) the chap in the shop explained that with the tv, it was the glasses that do most of the work and you have to charge them up about once a week. He did also say that all 3D tvs should come with at least one set of glasses, so maybe worth your sister in law going backing and asking! Am very jealous of her, they look pretty amazing x

she bought the telly out of a catalogue. went round there yesterday and she was on facebook on the tv. to be honest i wouldnt even consider paying that much for a tv. she wanted a bigger tv and her son kept on and on at her to get this one. she is mad.

The glasses need to stop the eyes seeing both signals so they block the ones for the approiate eye at a super fast speed thus giving both eyes the signals need to process it into 3D. Or something like that.

I have a massive bugbear against 3D, I dont know why anyone would want to watch a picture thats about 30% darker because of the glasses. The new Harry Potter was far to dark in places when viewed through 3D (plus through my glasses I had a emergency door light reflected). If you do happend to wear glasses you need to fit glasses over them. If people need 3D just step outside. But thats my bugbear, Other people like it apparntly

Just to confirm you don't have to pay anywhere near £1500 for a 3d TV - £500 or less is easily attainable even at the usual outlets, Currys, Dixons etc.

The are all HD too so can be used as "normal"

Anyone upgrading to a HD tv may as well get the 3d too.

Just to confirm you don't have to pay anywhere near £1500 for a 3d TV - £500 or less is easily attainable even at the usual outlets, Currys, Dixons etc.

The are all HD too so can be used as "normal"

Anyone upgrading to a HD tv may as well get the 3d too.

I know, i know. I have seen a great one thats 50inch one in Argos for £600 complete with two pairs of glasses. But THIS one has better specifics according to my nephew. have no idea what he is talking about, a tv is a tv to me.

Back