3lb gain overnight

MrsC999

I had a bad day yesterday went off plan altogether, ending up with a Chinese last night... So I know I deserve a gain but 3lb seems harsh. I'm sure I read somewhere you need to burn off 3500 calories to lose 1lb. Does that not work the other way too? I certainly did not eat over 10,000 calories yesterday
:-(

Chinese takeaways are notorious for adding monosodium glutamate to foods, which enhances the flavour. it also encourages water retention, whenever i had a chinese b4 doing CD i would always put on at least 3lbs overnight, more sometimes depending on what foods i had, e.g. special fried rice, chicken balls, all the really fatty stuff! give it a few days, as long as you get back on track that 3lbs will go, its usually just water for now. if you ever fancy a night off with something like a chinese, try and plan it for straight after your weigh in to give you enough time to get back on track!

Chinese is also really bad for carbs - about the worst choice of international cuisines if you're trying to avoid them, as most sauces are carby, even before you add rice/noodles/batter etc. If you've had carbs your body will have partly refilled your glycogen stores (those stores that gave you the big whoosh in week one) - but the good news is that it should whoosh right off again pretty fast.

Do you think you're still in keto?

I don't think I've been in ketosis for a while. Not had many good days really since I was on holiday last month. But I've been lucky enough to get away with it up until now! Anyway if nothing else this is the kick up the backside I needed to get me focused and back on track.
Thanks for your replies
XxX

Last edited:
Woohoo!
2 days back on track and the 3lb gain has gone again.... Need to stay on the straight and narrow now
X

Glad it's gone :) hope it continues going well

Chinese is a big no no! stay focused.

Well done for getting back on track lovely :) xx

Back