3rd day in a row at the same weight??

theapple

ok it's my 1st weigh in tomorrow and I know I shouldn't but this week I'm weighing myself every morning. Totally gutted as this is the 3rd morning in a row that I've stayed the same, The only difference that I have done is have their porridge for breakfast??? I'm going back to just shakes today.

I know it's hard but stay off the scales. I've done the same in the past and all it does is demotivate me and encourage me to start eating again. You will lose weight if you stick with it. I get my husband to hide the scales so I cant get on them.
Hang on in there!:)

Don't lose heart! I've been perfect one week and gutted when I've lost a meer 2.5lbs. But then the following week (without changing anything) I've lost 5lbs! I'm not sure that going back to a shake in the morning will help; you might be carrying a bit more fluid this week. You don't know, you might have a lovely surprise next week?!! Keep sticking to it. You're doing amazing. And keep off the scales til your weigh-day, it would certainly lower my motivation if I watched every tiny change that happens during the week xx

Just keep positive, it will come off regardless of porridge or shakes. It will even itself out over the month.
Good luck.

I weigh myself every day, because I like the randomness, sometimes up a little, sometimes the same. Sometimes down a little or a lot. It reminds me that "weight" is made up of true weight + retained water + retained digested food. It actually makes me less bothered about a week of STS.

I think of it like climbing a mountain. If you are finding your own path, there will be steep climbs, gentle climbs, flat bits, and lots of bits of the path where you are actually walking downhill into a dip. However, at the end of the path, you really are on the top of the mountain, and you can look down and see how far you have come, and the dips and bumps along the way don't matter. It's up to you how often you check your GPS coordinates along the way, but the answers won't affect the end result.

A train track would smooth out the ups and downs into a straight line. But bodies aren't machines, and so they don't progress in a straight line.

Good luck with your journey; remember, one foot in front of the other and you will get to the summit, even if you have to wade through some swamps on the way.

Bakedalaska I love your post! Fantastic way of looking at it and so true:D

Apple

Wise advice above. There's no real reason to why the weight comes off and when it does - mine is very erratic whereas Dusty seems to do 3lbs a week, week in week out.

Make sure you are drinking enough water and you'll find changes by the time you get to WI.

Good luck

Ali

i have lost 8lb from sat-tues but nothing from tues till now....so 8lb is fab for 4 days i suppose lol. thank you all, i promise from tomorrow i wont weigh in until next.

Get hubby to hide the scales after 2 mrw lol x

i will def do that tomorrow x this week coming i'm only drinking water! gonna order some porridge too

WOW! 8LBS? 2lbs a day? So it's not suprising your body is taking a little pause. It's not a mechnical machine - and does take pauses without explanation. 8lbs is great for your first week - so if you get anymore by tomorrow am, that'll be a bonus.

I hope you have a great WI tomorrow and cherish your loss whether it's 1/2 a stone, 8lbs or even more. Great job. Well done!

Ali

Back