3rd time lucky?

This is my first blog but my 3rd attempt at LL.

I started in mid July 2008 at a size 16 and by early November 2008 I was a size 8/10 and had the figure and confidence I had dreamed of my whole life.... I didn't to RTM and over the next 3 years all the weight went back on and then some!! Initially, I lost 25 kilos and now I have 30 to get me back to that happy place.

I did do LL September 2010 for a few weeks to get me to a curvy size 12 for my wedding but I found it so hard to even eat the shakes and soups and found myself picking at food which I had never done the first time at all! I found it too hard to try and pick up after my honeymoon and all the extra weight just piled on.

So tomorrow I am going to meet my new local LL counsellor to get back on it and this time never look back.... I feel so uncomfortable in this body I have created and I feel that LL is the only thing that works for me!

So nervous....!!!! I really want it to work! X

Welcome Hottie
Good luck with meeting with LLC
Natural to be nervous when you haven't always succeeded before but this time is different. You can do it!!!
Determination is the thing to get you started and then the weight loss is the spur to continue, but you do have to be in the right mindset.
I also tried a couple of times in between first success with LL and this time and just couldn't hack it but this time I am determined and in week 6. So if I can do it so can you I'm sure.
Lots of people here to encourage you along the way.
Perhaps just think one month at a time or a small goal at a time.
Let us know how you get on and when you're starting

Thanks Rosie, one month at a time sounds like a good idea....

I went to see the LLC last night but because they can't find my original forms I have to go to the Dr to get signed off again! So that means I don't start until next week. I have so many parties and nights out next week and the week after which I was going to postpone LL until but you know what there will always be something or the other that will get in the way. I need to get religious about this again. My first time was brilliant it was so easy and like a dream the second time not so much, I had family weddings and then my own and everything got in the way... Well I let it!

How have you managed to stay motivated? And does this time feel different? X

I think you've really got the right mindset over what's planned next week. If you put off starting will you actually start or will there be another reason? It's all too easy to fob ourselves off.
This time I just became determined to do it as my weight was galloping (I was going to say creeping but that wasn't true) back up to the heaviest I had ever been. So I made the call to my LLC to talk about returning and that was it. I actually started going low carb high protein before the first group meeting and lost weight
This did mean not such a high first week loss on LL but also no headaches or rubbishy feeling when I started
Now I am losing regularly and just feel good and well and light in my body
I think I do feel differently because I am thinking about where I went wrong during maintenance and trying to learn from this. I know there are no guarantees for me as I have been a yo yo dieter for over 40 years but I'm hoping I will be more successful this time but at least I will be healthier for longer
Good luck with whatever you decide and keep in touch with us all

Hi rosiposie....

Just got back from my first meeting everything's changed so much. They charge you for everything now. I even had to pay for my green book.

But I've got my packs and all ready to start tomorrow. And some rather yummy sounding ones too now.... Apple and cinnamon porridge and carbonara... Yummy!!

Can't wait... So excited to start now. I did find the counselling session funny though... My llc doesn't go from the book and didn't even mention any of the states or crooked thinking etc... Just all very weird... It was more general therapy session. Not sure if it's just her or this is now what they do.

How you getting on?

Hi Hottie
I hope today is going well, do try to hang in there remember it gets better after a few days.
Yes it does seem so different this time with no real structure to it. In 6 weeks we have done 1 module and not started the next one yet (mind you discussions we had both other weeks were really helpful). i think perhaps the different modules cover the various areas but not sure. I know we are starting the one about parent/child next because LLC said she thought it would help those that are struggling. Also there is one about Assertiveness that we will probably do next.

You don't get any of the things we got when I last did it, like the exercise ball, cds, exercise stretchy strap(can't remember what they're called).
I preferred the more structured format before I think, also the members of the group changes with new people joining every 4 weeks which seems strange to me but there you go, everything changes apart from the weight we are going to lose.
After a blip on Sunday I'm doing really well so far. Very positive and "up" and thinking of the lessons i have to learn.
So keep going and let us know how you are doing.

Back