4 stone by Christmas

Camplestar

Silver Member
Ok starting tomorrow we have 18 weeks 5 days until Christmas. I have been so off track recently. I really want to get things sorted again and I am aiming to lose 4 stone by Christmas, that is just over 3 lb per week but if I can do it ill be happy. Really want to do it. If anyone wants to join me you are welcome.

I had just decided earlier to aim for the exact same goal as you - wish I'd seen your thread earlier as I had to count the number of weeks until Christmas 5 times on the calendar as I kept getting interrupted! I thought that I'd aim for 4 stone, as it would push me to work harder, and if I don't make it then hopefully I will still make great progress after a bit of a stall!

How are you losing the weight? I have decided to start tracking my calorie intake and stick to a maximum of 1500 kcal, and am doing to Couch to 10k program, in addition to two hours walking with the dogs everyday which I am going to try and do at a quicker pace, aiming to power walk the dogs when I am fit enough!

Will be great to have others trying for the same goal for support and to keep me on track!

Hi. Ive only joined this site today and ive just come across this thread. Id love to join your Christmas challenge, not sure how challenges work on here though? Do you just reply to the same thread your updates etc?
I want to lose 3 stone by Christmas and I think I need something like this as I usually lose my motivation as I start to feel better about myself. X

Hey guys. I intend on a low cal breakfast, healthy lunch and slimfast or soup for tea with fruit or slim fast bars as snacks. I'm going to write on here everyday to try and keep me on track. Really need to do this. Nice to have you here.

I would love to do couch to 5k but running really affects my asthma, however I may try it again and my little dog is going to get some longer walks too.

Hey. Sounds like you have a plan and know what u want. Thats really great. Walkings really good exercise and I find it clears my mind especially if im deeling down.
I joined back slimming world tuesday so im giving that diet a go again (fingers crossed 3rd time lucky) I weigh in tuesday mornings im hoping for a big loss my first week.
We can all do this :) have a great day x

So start weight is 16st 8.4lb which means my Christmas target is 12st 8.4 really depressed about today's weight. Time to change x

Arh dont be depressed instead think positive and say this is the new start to a new me, you can do it and think of all the good things you want by losing weight and how good you will feel every time you reach a mini goal. Put a pound coin in a jar for every lb you lose and when you get to your goal of 12st 8.4 you will have over £50 to treat yourself to something special. X

Dog walking is a great way to start getting fit, I just pushed myself slightly harder each day, when I started at Christmas I was so slow and still a little out of breath, but every day I tried to improve even a tiny bit, and now I can "power walk" for an hour an a half. If you have a smart phone apps like map my walk are really good as it records how far you walked and your speed, and really pushed me to improve. It's right about it helping clear your mind, I always feel great after I've finished!

My Christmas target is 13st 7lb, which will take me into the middle of the overweight BMI range! It seems quite overwhelming that I have so far to go that losing 4 stone will still leave me overweight! You have already done so well losing 45lbs, so you know you can do it, and will hopefully never see that weight on the scales again!

Love the idea of a pound in a jar for each pound lost! Can buy a nice new outfit when at target weight! Think I will start one, and put the pounds I've already lost in!

Freya x

I think I shall find a jar this afternoon. Sounds good to me. Been really good today. Scrambled egg for breakfast, slimfast shake for lunch and I've just stir-fried loads of veg to eat with tuna for tea. Need to walk the dog yet and intend on 45 min walk. Really want to change my whole life. I spend too much time at home on my own watching tv. Need to get a social life too x

Sounds good so far to me! I've had cereal and orange juice for breakfast, and veg soup for lunch, and have boiled two eggs for my 4pm snack! Tonight I'm having Tofu, steamed veg and a medium baked potato (in the microwave with no oil!), and a pear for after dinner so should come in at just over 1300 kcal today.

I'm enjoying the Couch to 10k so much I'm going to do it again this afternoon, and have walked the dogs for 1hr30 this morning.

I get what you mean about changing your whole life, when I was at my heaviest I just stayed inside on the sofa, as I think I wasn't confident to go out and meet people as I thought they would be judging me. Since then I've started going to obedience and agility with my youngest dog, and really enjoyed being around people. I am joining a Nordic walking group which is starting at the beginning of September too, so will give me more motivation to be out and moving, and help me meet people! Are there any groups local to you that you'd be interested in that you could try?

Glad to see both of you doing well today. I had scrambled egg with mushrooms onions and peppers for my breakfast and a tuna salad for my dinner, had a banana at about 3oclock. I have not had time yet to do any exercise but going finish this coffee then stick zumba on the wii, sweat a few calories off then. Im having a healthy chicken dinner tonight and ive made some sugar free jelly for after.
The main time I struggle is at night when im bored and my daughters gone bed. X

Were doing well guys. My trouble is I work 3 jobs, studying for a law degree and to gain my dance teaching certificate. Just about to walk my dog, I'm so scared but want to try couch to 5k, what was you like at running before you started?

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1376668347.320639.jpg

My healthy tea. Just taken the dog for 30 min walk including jogging about 100m, I know it doesn't sound like much but my asthma kicks off after about 20m so if I can go a little bit further each day I may get there. Feeling good today, got a banana for pudding.

Your tea looks nice. Wow you have got a busy life. Well done on your jog, you've took the first step, I havent got the confidence to even try as I think everyone was staring at me but would love to atleast try, maybe one day.
Ive had a good day today food wise and managed to do 45 mins of zumba, ive gone so unfit since I last did it. But new start now. X

My life is crazy. Took on too much this year but ill get a break from my studying soon. I walk the dog and jog where nobody can see me at all. Well done on the Zumba, I love Zumba but get bored really quickly x

Well I am down to 16st 6 this morning. 2.4lb down which isn't too bad. I know a lot is water but after choc biscuits and changing my banana into a banana split. Just had cereal for my breakfast and intending on soup, wrap or jacket potatoe for my dinner as I'm going out with family then spending 3 hours dressed as a sweaty camel later for exercise. How are you guys doing? X

Morning!

Great for giving jogging ago! I really struggled when I first started exercise in January, and couldn't jog at all, so to ease me in have been power walking. This has really helped with my fitness, so I have actually found the first week oft couch to 10k a fairly easy introduction! It is good that you only have one minute bursts of jogging though, as I tell myself I can put up with anything for a minute!

Well done on your weight loss, it must be motivating! I am trying to only weight once a week, but it's really hard to do! Love the banana into a banana split, sounds like something I would do, and then explain how the ice cream is just milk really so I've had banana and milk, honestly :innocent0002:!

My food came in at 1296 kcal yesterday, and I burnt 292 kcal from jogging, so think I was pretty good. Just hope it shows on the scales.

Going to be clearing out all the mess from moving this weekend, so will keep me active going back and forward from the tip. Do I want to ask about the sweaty camel, or is it just a way to go exercising with no one recognising you?!

Freyajane how long did it take you to start getting fit? Well done on a good day yesterday and am sure you will burn loads today if you are lifting and carrying. Love the idea of it just been banana and milk thats something id would say lol.
Cample star thats a fantastic loss in such a short time, well done. Im also curious about the sweaty camel :)
Im trying not go on the scales until tuesday when I go for my weigh in at slimming world. But I am feeling better in myself as my stomach is not as bloated as it was last week so fingers crossed I get a good loss this first week. Ive had chopped fruit with a yoghurt over the top for my breakfast thia morning and thats as far as ive got to planning today.
Have a good day both of you :) xx

I find it motivating to get weighed everyday, I know your not supposed to. Good luck with the tidying Freya. Fruit and yog for breakfast is fruit with milk too lol very similar to a banana split. The camel is street theatre that I am working on. A dancing panto camel. Really stupid thing but good pay lol. And nobody knows who I am x

Back