4 stone down...about ten to go!

Dawnio87

Hi There,

Just thought I'd finally draw up a post to say hello and hopefully get in touch with some people in the same boat as me!

I restarted sw (from home) on Jan 5th 2013 and my weigh in day is a Friday. As of yesterday I have now lost a total of 4st 2lbs :) couldn't be happier.

Just wanted to know if anyone out there is in a similar position and hoping we could support/chat with one another for ideas etc?

Thanks
Dawn

Hi Dawn,

Congrats on your weight loss so far, you are doing amazingly well! I have only recently started dieting, but it's definitely not my first diet. It IS going to be my last though because this time I really am hoping to make it the lifestyle change that it needs to be. I am calorie counting and use myfitnesspal. I hate the scales, they have too much power over my emotions, so I won't be weighing until I see a noticeable change in the way my clothes fit. I much prefer to see my weight loss rather than see numbers on a scale.

I have 10 stone to lose, so we can definitely be a support to each other. It definitely does help to be in the 'same boat' as other people who know just how much of a struggle being so heavy is, and how hard it can be to get the weight off. We can do it and we WILL do it :girlpower:

Hi Dragon Rose!

Thank you so much :) it isn't my first diet either but I am going to make sure it's my last! This time it's for life as back in 2007 I lost 7stone and got to target but over the last few years its all slipped back on and then some :( My new thing is no more looking back, time to move forward :)

I couldn't agree with you more, the best encouragement comes from your clothes getting looser and buying a size down :)

Absolutely girl power all the way! We can and we will do this. It's so nice to have some support and encouragement :)

Dawn x

Hi Dawn,

Wow that is such a coincidence, I lost 8 stone back in 2006/7 and I too put it all back on again. It's so annoying isn't it to have done so very well and then waste all that effort by gaining weight again. I know I lost it too fast and didn't make the lifestyle change necessary, so I really am going to take my time and do it properly this time. What's amazing is that although I was buying smaller clothes, went from a 32 to a 16 I still felt really fat and thought I looked fat. I look back at those photos now and think OMG I was gorgeous lol. Oh to be that fat again :sigh: Well I will get there as will you, and yep it's lovely to have support and encouragement. I'm online every day, so I am sure I'll keep up with your posts.

Hey :)

Absolutely! I know exactly what you mean I felt the same last time after losing all that weight. I got down to about 12-14 (I'm always a size bigger in the bottom half)! But I remember still thinking omg look at my thighs etc. these days I'd give anything to be that size again lol. But like you said it's lifestyle changes that result in long term success and I really feel positive about that this time :) I even kept most of my smaller clothes so getting back into them is a huge incentive lol.

Definitely I am on most days too :) Love to get recipe ideas and hear the success stories :)

*Waves*

Hello ladies,

I have another 8 stones to go after losing nearly 3 stones so i'm here to support you both as well.

I, too, am doing SW so take a look at my diary if you want any recipes etc :)

Hi Roziee!

Thanks so much for joining us and big congrats on you're lost so far :)

So nice to know there are others I. The sane boat with a lot to lose but with the positivity and right attitude if can be done!

I will defo take a look at your diary for recipes I love trying new things and I'm a sucker for anything spicy :)

I am going to hopefully start jogging/running this week to try and keep up with the good loses and make the most of this good weather.

Dawn x

hi dawn
i also have got alot of weight to lose i only went missing for 1-2 weeks of here helping a friend in need and put 4lb on so i agree i know this time its the last time i need to get the weight off its to easy to bang it all back on xx

Hi chezz!

I couldn't agree more, it's actually scary how quickly it can skip back on and sometimes it's too easy to let 1 or 2 bad weeks slip into a month and so on and before you know it it's back to square one!

I'm really motivated this time as I want it off and want it for life. My aunt has really inspired me as she has lost over 7 stones on slimming world and kept it off for almost three years now - I know from personal experience that maintaining is the hardest part. The only thing she ever says is she wishes shed have done this years ago. I figure I'm 26 and apart from being heavy I am in good health so I've no excuses it's now or never!

C'mon girlies we can do this! Here's to a fantastic week :) xx

hi dawn thats so true

have a great week love xx

well done on your loss pat on the back im not getting weighed till end of this week so wot happens a good loss one hopes hopefully the 4lbs i gained x

Hey guys I'm always here to support. Just thinking on what some of you have said, I am really struggling to accept my new body. I have lost 4 stone but don't feel any lighter. Every now and then I will see my body in the mirror and genuinely not recognise myself. Really wierd feeling. X

camplestar

i think it takes our minds longer to take it in x x

Hey camplestar!

I genuinely know exactly what you mean! I've now lost 4st 7lbs in about 6 months and whilst I'm over the moon, I'm also convinced I don't look much different. Like I know my clothes don't fit and people are always complimenting me but at the same time I wonder are they just saying that because they know I've been dieting and they want to be nice? It's tough to get your head around.

My advice is take some photos and use a comparison side by side app to show you just how much you have changed. I did it the other day and I was amazed, really made me smile.

Good luck and we are always here for support hun x

Back