4 stone + to lose :D join me please x

gemma_

Silver Member
hey everyone - if i had a £ eerytime i said this is it im going to lose weight thi time i'd be a millionaire!
However this is it! just come back from holiday and the photos came out and oh my did i hae a shock! i knew i had gotted big but you know the photos where you look and reality hits you like a ton of bricks. well :cry:...

i'm going to do some browsing and work out meal plans - already signed up to my fitness pal and worked out the basics.

Going on holiday next year abroad for first time (im 26 long time coming) and although im not going to get a bikini body (had 2 kids lol) i'd LOVE to wear a nice sleek maxi dress... so my big target is lose 5 stone by 6th august 2013!

anyone about same?

Last edited:
Wanna buddy up Gemma? I weigh just shy of 14st, im 5ft 4 and I have 4st to lose - pretty much the same as you. I'm doing myfitness pal too, I lost 25lb last year on that but sadly put it all back on now :( lost my motivation but now I have it back. I too looked at photographs that were taken of me yesterday and I look massive :( then I saw photos of my best friend I fell out with a few years ago and we were almost identical but now she's lost the weight and looks brilliant. It's finally given me the motivation I've needed for the last year, so I'm feeling very focused.
I'm going to be doing kettlebells and C25K too to speed things up - I go on holiday in 6 weeks and I'd like to get the maximum amount off my then - may 1 - 1.5st but anything would be a plus!

We can do it chick! xxx

that be brilliant! I go on a small camping holiday in 6 weeks so could have a count down for us both to that!
Im going to dust of some fitness dvds and may try the 30 day shed! the results are quite good from what i read!
I lost 27lb 2 years ago and i think doubled up gaining from then haha!
coz im 5ft 2 i look bigger im size 18 too and most my clothes are a 16 so would love to get back comfy in my 16s.

Also our small camping holiday is with couple of my partners friends and their girlfriends and i feel embarrased, he's good looking to me and i feel like i'm going to be the 'fat girlfriend' which to family and friends their being nice and say dont be silly but to you and people on here will totally understand! x

Gemmalouise85 is my fitnas pal name - been joined for while but using it properly now! just filled out today as know what having for tea, went over carbs by 7 though!

I need to loose 5 stone and have a wedding in 6 weeks do would be great to join you bith. I'm on my fitness pal too as lisbeth75 if anyone wants to add me.

Id love to join you as I would love to loose 5 stone by 8th August next year - husband and I are going to sydney to celebrate three years of marriage so it would be great to get to goal.

I am off on holidays in 6 weeks too, just to London.

Can I join you both? I really need to get going again!

yea i'll add you now be brilliant have friends on here keep eachother motivated on bad days and praise on good days, help eachother with food etc.
Looks like we shedding of those stones together :D

whats everyones 6 weeks targets? x

I was thinking 1stone and anything more is a bonus!

is eeryone having treats in wth their cals a couple times a week?
what yo all had for dinner today? x

Im in proces adding some of the dreading holiday pics some i deleted on seeing them though LOL

I always have a starbucks latte and a freddo at the weekend. I need to go shopping and stock up on some more healthy foods.

oooo see i like the vanilla frappacuno - i dont think theres enouh cals in my week to cover one of those LOL!!
and same with the shopping im living on the just calorie counting this week til friday then adding all the heallthy eating after, so i'll prob have better loss next week.
also im using scales at my mums im not buying any has i dont want to obsess about it and weight everyday.
so sundays going to be my weigh in day :) (before using all my calories for ne day in one sitting LOL)

Had a fab cc day. Brekki was Bertie smoothie and cup of coffee. Lunch cracker bread Philadelphia and a tomato dinner was ww chicken casserole and lots of veggies

keep up hard work :) u got a diary on here?

scanner? LOL

Hi Gemma! I know what you mean on the photo end. Pictures can be such an eye opener. I knew I was putting weight on but pictures don't seem to sugar coat so to speak. I just started on Sunday trying to lose the weight. Have you tried the myfitnesspal.com website? I'm finding it brilliant as it tracks every calorie I put in my body....It can also track exercise! So far it's been fantastic. I'd love to buddy up with people on here and cheer each other on while we all go for our goals!!

o_O Oops forgot to answer the 6 week target....I'm really not sure...I'm hoping by July 1st to have lost at least 10 pounds. I'm really unsure how to set up logical targets for so far in advance. I'm always afraid I'll shoot for the wrong number and get discouraged if I put down something non realistic. How do you suggest setting up goals with out them being unrealistic, yet being high enough to keep you moving!!?

Gemmalouise85 - im new there so still finding out how and what goes where...

confused me for today though has had 10 cals left and then enteree my excersise and gave me 500 extra cals! LOL
only done cleaning and hooveing, 12 trips up and down stairs (don iroing downstairs and had carry it up) then walking to do school run etc.

well do whats comfortable for you say 6lbs which is 1lb a week loss (almost 1/2 stone gone by week 6) then any more is a bonus and if you lose a little less it's more of a loss than if you wasnt changing your eating pattern! :) x

im 14st 2 with 5 stone to lose x

Back