4 years to the day...

BessieB

and I am back to where I started from :cry: I am disgusted with myself especially as I am back to my heaviest again. I did CD 4 years ago and lost 8 1/2 stone in just under 6 months. I have spent the last 3 1/2 years going up and down - Totally my fault - back into my old eating habits, and spend years on a 'day before the diet' binge. So here I am again, desperate but determined to make it work this time. My knees are sore, my back aches and I don't have the energy for even basic housework, let alone all the things I should be doing, so something has to give. This Sunday (was the 27th) in 2010 I hit rock bottom and phoned a CDC in desperation, arranging an appointment for first thing the next day (28th) so today I started again this morning, hoping that the date link will inside me to get through the first few weeks and keep going. I still have a spreadsheet of my week by week losses from before so it will be interesting to see how it compares this time.

I will be very grateful for any support as I go - I know last time this board was my lifeline, everyone was so generous with their support and encouragement.

and I am back to where I started from :cry: I am disgusted with myself especially as I am back to my heaviest again. I did CD 4 years ago and lost 8 1/2 stone in just under 6 months. I have spent the last 3 1/2 years going up and down - Totally my fault - back into my old eating habits, and spend years on a 'day before the diet' binge. So here I am again, desperate but determined to make it work this time. My knees are sore, my back aches and I don't have the energy for even basic housework, let alone all the things I should be doing, so something has to give. This Sunday (was the 27th) in 2010 I hit rock bottom and phoned a CDC in desperation, arranging an appointment for first thing the next day (28th) so today I started again this morning, hoping that the date link will inside me to get through the first few weeks and keep going. I still have a spreadsheet of my week by week losses from before so it will be interesting to see how it compares this time.

I will be very grateful for any support as I go - I know last time this board was my lifeline, everyone was so generous with their support and encouragement.

Hi there BessieB, I've also returned after a long spell away ( I lost 6.5st in 2012 )

It's awfully sad we are both back here ( along with others ) but don't look at the negative, I focus on the point I'm back here as I know it works, and I know it works fast. Within weeks your knees will feel better and you will get the buzz back the fast results give us. Lots of us struggle with maintenance but lots still post here who crack it so lets crack this together once and for all !
x x x

Hi AngelupNorth,

Thanks for support :) Your restart is a week before mine - when is your first weigh in? Im not actually seeing my consultant until wedneday but was able to start yesterday as I had a box of shakes stashed away. Day one gone , just trying to focus a day at a time and aiming for that first 100% week.

Hope all goes well this week for you.

Hi AngelupNorth, Thanks for support :) Your restart is a week before mine - when is your first weigh in? Im not actually seeing my consultant until wedneday but was able to start yesterday as I had a box of shakes stashed away. Day one gone , just trying to focus a day at a time and aiming for that first 100% week. Hope all goes well this week for you.

Thanks love started a week today so weigh in is 12 noon.

Once you get the 1st few days out of the way you will fly through it. By the time you see your CDC on Wed you may be in Ketosis and as you know things will get much easier.

Each day in is a day closer to being back where we want to be :)

Hi Bessie I too have lost and regained and am now back to ensure this is the last time!

How r u getting on? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

HI Willpowerwoman - thanks for asking - had a rubbish first week - do fine til lunch time then pick/nibble. Managed 7 lbs hover the week though so can't be too disappointed. Had a revelation moment on way back from weigh in yesterday - was thinking what I could eat for the day and still get away with for next weigh in. Suddenly this thought popped into my head saying "do you want to lose the F#### weight or not!" don't know where it came from but really drove home that I am only cheating myself. Managed all day yesterday on SS and again so far today - I know if I can crack the next few days I will be on my way so i am trying to hold that though!!

How are you doing with your restart? how much do you have to lose - I am needing to shift between 8 1/2 and 10 stone depending on how things go as I get down to the lower end!

Last edited:
HI Willpowerwoman - thanks for asking - had a rubbish first week - do fine til lunch time then pick/nibble. Managed 7 lbs hover the week though so can't be too disappointed. had a revaluation moment on way back from egg in yesterday - was thinking what i could eat for the day and still get away with it for next weigh in. Suddenly this though popped into my head saying "do you want to lose the F#### weight or not!" don't know whereat came from but really drove hem that i am only cheating myself. managed all day yesterday on SS and again so far today - I know if I can crack the next few days I will be on my way so i am trying to hold that though!! How are you doing with your restart? how much do you have to lose - I am needing to shift between 8 1/2 and 10 stone depending on how things go as I get down to the lower end!

Hey Bessie 7lbs is a great start! I have 5 more stone to loose. I'm on step 3 as I exercise so it's a bit slower but although I have the odd blip it is just that, a blip and still over all it's going well.x

HI WPW, Yes I know 7 lbs is good but I am used to losing 13 or 14 in my first week - but can't blame the diet - this was down to me nibbling. Anyway onwards and downwards - since that voice yelled at me on Monday I have managed to be good as gold and am feeling thinner (in my head I know but its a good feeling). Another 4 off so far this week. Of for some exercise in a bit so that will make me feel good as well!

Hope you and Angel up north are doing OK this week - its great to have people to chat to

HI WPW, Yes I know 7 lbs is good but I am used to losing 13 or 14 in my first week - but can't blame the diet - this was down to me nibbling. Anyway onwards and downwards - since that voice yelled at me on Monday I have managed to be good as gold and am feeling thinner (in my head I know but its a good feeling). Another 4 off so far this week. Of for some exercise in a bit so that will make me feel good as well! Hope you and Angel up north are doing OK this week - its great to have people to chat to

Bessie we all crave the big numbers as we feel we deserve them more than other diets & I fully understand. You may find you have a larger than average drop next week ? Keep up the great work.

Day 18 for me & 3rd weigh in on Monday :) still going strong and loving all the extra motivation & inspiration these pages create x x x

Bessie we all crave the big numbers as we feel we deserve them more than other diets & I fully understand. You may find you have a larger than average drop next week ? Keep up the great work. Day 18 for me & 3rd weigh in on Monday :) still going strong and loving all the extra motivation & inspiration these pages create x x x

Yes the support on here is great! I'm getting there like u slower than I'd like on the scales but all the time there going down Were heading in the right direction, :) xx

Indeed we are! And even better now I have stopped nibbling on rubbish! Back to my 3 shakes a day and it works like magic!

Hi everyone, hope its ok to leave a message. I was on this last year and it worked great but then just slowly stopped. Back on it again but today is my first day , like you bessie i had some left over shakes in a box so using them until i can get to my consultant.
it would be great if we can go on the journey together. I actually have quite good willpower , the thing that gets me most times is my b'friend can eat anything and stay skinny! If he's munching on something or eating dinner i look at him and think ok i will start properly from tomorrow.
Im determined to think differently and actually remember how i felt last time when i lost albs in my first week and then every week just felt better and better and how those clothes felt on me. Have a holiday on 12th dec so i want to stick to it for that too.
Hope your all well this morning <3

Hi all

I'm also back again!!! did Cambridge back in 2009 and lost 4 stone and now back with the 4 stone and more to loose!
I'm going to class Tuesday night so will be starting on Wednesday! I want to loose about 10 stone!
only thing I'm panicking about is I have a wedding in 2 weeks time and already put my food choices in, but feel like whenever I start won't be a good time so I just wanna get on it!

Hi Ketty and Sam

Good to have a couple more on board! Ketty hope first day back has gone ok- just finished my first 100% week so hopefully back on track now.

hubby is sulking cos I just told him I didn't think it was very nice of him to get into bed next to me and start eating a crunchie so he's stormed off to the spare room. I really feel he is trying to sabotage me this time.

Got it my weigh in first thing tomorrow so will discuss how to handle him with CDC.

Ouch that is mean Bessie! Men are such funny things! Mine makes little comments like "you better do it properly this time" as I always start and end up stopping for one reason or another! Then in the next breath it's " well you will still have a treat once a week won't you, like a takeaway" or before when I did it "oh just have 1 sweet it won't hurt you" when he knows my weakness is sweets!
I think sometimes men are secretly scared of us becoming thin and desirable! Or maybe they are just annoying!!!!
Well don't for telling him off! Good luck for tomorrow's weigh in I bet you will do fab! How much you wanna loose?! I got a massive journey! But just wanna start now!!

HI Sam,,
well he sulked for a couple of hours!! What really peed me off is he's not a big chocolate eater (unlike me) so it was really uncalled for. I need to lose between 9 and 10 stone, so a long road ahead but going to keep going this time. I've lost 1st 1lb in 2 weeks, so Ok with that - especially as I really messed around the first week and didn't do 1 day properly. It was 8lbs off this week :)

How much are you hoping to lose?

Hi bessie, how are you? OMG its so hard , forgotten how hard lol! Today had my 2 shakes and soup tonight and felt quite full with all the water. They were giving out cake today at work and i refused and when i came back from break there was a piece on my desk and i threw it in the bin! Yay!! .....but tonight .... My boyfriend had left over sandwiches from work and i threw them in the bin then found myself thinking i might go through and eat them! Then just jumped on the computer and started writing this! I am now starving and don't want to drink more water cause i don't want to be up all night at toilet , so hoping i just sleep soon! Sounds depressing but i know the first few days are torture. Once day 3 is over i will be ok i think.
Boyfriend scoffed a Kfc tonight so i just came through to the bedroom so i didn't give in. He literally can eat anything and be a skinny minnie. Sam_Tia your right they are funny things!
I should be finished my left over shakes by Monday so i will be booking in with a consultant maybe by Friday. That will get me more motivated too.
Anyway let me know how your getting on and how the weigh in was.

Hi Ketty and all
your post made me laugh- yes it is hard but it gets easier...or does it. Weigh in was yesterday and lost 8lbs so just over a stone in 2 weeks- happy with that. I give the dogs the left over food I would retrive it from the bin- glad you came online rather than giving in! Am tired today . My son told me at 10 last night that he needed a load of stuff for food tech - today. He gets the bus at 8 so set the alarm for 6 so I could get to shop when it opened at 7, get his stuff and get home before the bus left. Then tossed and turned all night worrying that I wouldn't wake up. Argh.

HI Sam,,
well he sulked for a couple of hours!! What really peed me off is he's not a big chocolate eater (unlike me) so it was really uncalled for. I need to lose between 9 and 10 stone, so a long road ahead but going to keep going this time. I've lost 1st 1lb in 2 weeks, so Ok with that - especially as I really messed around the first week and didn't do 1 day properly. It was 8lbs off this week :)

How much are you hoping to lose?

Yeh I feel your pain im a big chocolate fan too! Well done for staying so stong though and what a fabulous first weeks weight loss!! I have an even longer journey that you! Just looked at your stats and we hoping for same goal weight. :)
Hows your day been today?

Back