Step 1 Sole Source 40 day challenge

donnamarie

Silver Member
Right I've messed about long enough as I'm sure some of you know me from here.
I started (again) today.
And have finally made it to the end of day 1 ;)
Im off on holiday on april 12th so ive just worked out thats 40 days of ss my goal to lose as much as poss so I can go swimming with my children & hubby.
And feel better about myself.
Looking at my record card from last year by week 5 id lost 1st 12lbs.
So wont be anywhere near target but want to ss till our weekend away holiday.
Then come back and ss again for our menorca holiday in july.. which by then I do want to be at target.
So I'm back and planning on sticking around this site for the next 40 days.
As this site is a god send on helping to stay on track. :)

Hi!

You're right, it is a godsend! I'm feeling pretty crappy tonight so on here for lots of motivation!

Good luck on your challenge!

Hi kim :)
What day are you on?
And are you doing ss?
Day 2 for me 1 maple porridge down & 3 pints of water.. just took my son to the shop for sweets and I treated myself to a 1litre bottle of volvic lol.
So drinking that now ;)

Good luck! I'm just starting out on Cambridge, ready to get stuck into it now :)

Good luck! I'm just starting out on Cambridge, ready to get stuck into it now :)

Hi :)
Good luck with it.. when did you start?
And are you doing ss?
Im Struggling tonight... headache around my eyes struggling to see blured vision a bit eyes are hurting feel so so tired.
Not hungry at all.. but those thoughts are in my mind.. but im not listening to um!
Water!!! Water!!! Water!!! :)
I know I can do this. :)

Well... morning of day 3..
Went to see my cdc to change some packs had a sneaky weigh in and "used" a ketosis stick... And im so pleased... I've lost 5lbs!! And I'm in ketosis ;)
Happy days! :)

Hi Donna I have restarted today to after messing about for a while but I'm back on it now and want to be at target by aug/sept tim ony day 1 for me but on leave so thought it was best to start this week get headaches out the way

Hi Donna I have restarted today to after messing about for a while but I'm back on it now and want to be at target by aug/sept tim ony day 1 for me but on leave so thought it was best to start this week get headaches out the way

Hey HM :))
Lovely to hear from you :)
Oh im sure you will be fine... you were my inspiration last time round... you did amazing!
Happy that your starting roughly same time as me.
I was doing fine till the eldest 2 came home from school.... Im so stressed.. I was tempted to eat so downed a pint of water & came on here!

Hey HM :))
Lovely to hear from you :)
Oh im sure you will be fine... you were my inspiration last time round... you did amazing!
Happy that your starting roughly same time as me.
I was doing fine till the eldest 2 came home from school.... Im so stressed.. I was tempted to eat so downed a pint of water & came on here!

I'm almost done with first day now but forgot how much I hated the cold feeling ;) glad a familiar face is on here :)

I'm almost done with first day now but forgot how much I hated the cold feeling ;) glad a familiar face is on here :)

Well done HM its taken me about 50 if not more! Day 1's to get to here day 4 ;) lol
But we both know it does get easier...
It's just the thoughts in your head I find the hardest to staying on track and boredom... gotta keep busy lol.
Just goes to show its not hunger its habit.
How are you finding day 2?

It's not too bad at min I'm on leave although had to do bit of work before been and took dog for walk watched a bit of jezza that always makes me feel good the planks on there and went and done a bit of window shopping some clothes are lovely I'm tempted to buy something in smaller size to motivate me but then I think I wanna be smaller than that too so is it a waste ? How have u been u still being good day 4 :( u almost in ketosis then ?

Lmao @ "the planks" love it! Lol
Thats good you seem to be in the zone way to go you!!
Yes end of day 4 not long finished my maple porridge.
Tested on a stick yesterday and it said ketosis... and I feel good so yes think I am :)

Will do I think more I think about it more I think will be a waste day 2 done bed now for me I never use the ketostix

Will do I think more I think about it more I think will be a waste day 2 done bed now for me I never use the ketostix

Yes me too.
I don't buy them my cdc has them in her bathroom for her clients to use.
I probably wont use it again now.. you can tell when your in ketosis anyway can't you. :)

Yes me too.
I don't buy them my cdc has them in her bathroom for her clients to use.
I probably wont use it again now.. you can tell when your in ketosis anyway can't you. :)

Yes exactly I know myself one thing I don't miss is the breath :-( gonna buy tongue scraper agin today I think always feel paranoid when I'm speaking

Yes exactly I know myself one thing I don't miss is the breath :-( gonna buy tongue scraper agin today I think always feel paranoid when I'm speaking

Tongue scraper? Never heard of it?
But im the same totally paranoid about my breath when on this diet. X

I just give my tongue a brush with my toothbrush, LOL. :)

Well done on getting to day 5 - and those 5lbs off! Brilliant start! :clap:

I just give my tongue a brush with my toothbrush, LOL. :)

Well done on getting to day 5 - and those 5lbs off! Brilliant start! :clap:

Yeah me too.
Thank you :)
What day are you on?
Are you doing ss too?
(Sorry on my phone so can't see much) :)

Yeah me too.
Thank you :)
What day are you on?
Are you doing ss too?
(Sorry on my phone so can't see much) :)

I am indeed SS-ing. :) I'm on day 66 ( but unfortunately had a temporary slip from the wagon on day 60 - been back on since day 61 though). Down 2 and a half stones so far. :D

Back