40 & losing it.....

bexster71

I'm a week in to my xen journey and 8lbs lighter. Have been reading all your journeys for inspiration and boy have I found it. Starting at 19st 5lbs I have a long road ahead but hopefully posting on here will help along the way x

Good luck!! Your diary will absolutely help you. When I feel that I'm struggling I go right back to the start of my diary and read it all over again! Lol.... all the best of luck, there's a great bunch of people on here for help, advice and inspiration when needed.
Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Good luck!! Your diary will absolutely help you. When I feel that I'm struggling I go right back to the start of my diary and read it all over again! Lol.... all the best of luck, there's a great bunch of people on here for help, advice and inspiration when needed.
Xxx

Thanks yours is the diary that has inspired me! I have previously lost 7 n a half stone, put it all back on and some. This is my first time on orlistat so I'm hoping it will teach me the right way. Trying eggs for the first time today, got my fingers crossed I'm ok with them! Got a chest infection and I'm struggling to eat as don't have any appetite so going to try scrambled eggs x

Thank you, you have been a huge inspiration! My name's Rebecca and this is my first time using orlistat, done every diet! The most weight I have lost is 7 & half stone maintained that for about 4 years then it creapt back on and some. I'm hoping this time I can make a lifestyle change. So here goes, trying eggs for the first time today. Had a crumpet soaked in egg and fried with frylight a weightwatchers sausage, mushrooms, baked beans and a plum tomato. All under 5g per item but only just over 3g fat for the meal, can I have a yogurt thats 3g and include that so I'm nearer the 15 per meal? Am I on the right track with that? X

Ahhh bless you, that's lovely to hear! :) Yep you can do that, but don't worry if you're nowhere near the 15gm, remember the less fat the better. :)
I've always found eggs to be fine, I have omlettes or banana pancakes (banana egg) when I'm hormonal and hungry as I find if I have eggs for breakfast I'm not hungry till way past lunchtime. But that's just me!
Keep updating your diary, it will inspire yourself as well as others :)
I'd lost 4 stonw between last May -November and then started messing around and put a stone back on..... but I'm getting it back off and I know this works so I've got hope which is something I never had before because I'm just so rubbish at diets!!
If you're on my fitness pal, hook me up! Im pudders27. Xx

Your diary was a fab read made me giggle loved your old phone with.all.the.........'s lol soooooo funny. I was struggling with the fat at 15 per meal (never thought that would happen). I m hoping eggs are ok because they keep me full too, also love banana omelette, with a little cinnamon powder they are yummy. Attempting meatballs in tomatoes for tea, have made tomato sauce with everything although today found lighter than light mayo and also bisto best gravy and that's one thing I've missed. Hoping to try a shepherds pie tomorrow now I have that with extra lean mince. Not sure how that will go but it's all been trial and error. Now will go try find you on mfp thanks so much for all your kind words and help so far x

P.s. you will lose what you need to now I'm sure, you can and you will!!! X

Your diary was a fab read made me giggle loved your old phone with.all.the.........'s lol soooooo funny. I was struggling with the fat at 15 per meal (never thought that would happen). I m hoping eggs are ok because they keep me full too, also love banana omelette, with a little cinnamon powder they are yummy. Attempting meatballs in tomatoes for tea, have made tomato sauce with everything although today found lighter than light mayo and also bisto best gravy and that's one thing I've missed. Hoping to try a shepherds pie tomorrow now I have that with extra lean mince. Not sure how that will go but it's all been trial and error. Now will go try find you on mfp thanks so much for all your kind words and help so far x

Lol.... they were driving...me...mad..lol.. ;-)
Love meatballs! It's funny, when I started, I thought it would all be salad and jacket potatoes but as you now know, you can still eat soooo much and the family don't even have to realise.. (although my son moans about the low fat sausages!).... have a lovely weekend. Xx

My OH hasn't realised anything yet other than his work suit is getting baggy, asked what I've done to it lol, haven't told any one yet as don't want people to think oh there's another diet she's failed at! Not sure how to find people on mfp? Just had a look and all I could find was Facebook or email? I'm not very tech savvy to say the least lol. Anyway I'm on as bexster71 if you know what you are doing! Have a great weekend x

Had a sneaky weigh in this morning and had sts (my weigh in is not until Friday) feel a little fed up but won't weigh in in between weigh ins again. I know this week maybe won't be great as I'm not hitting my calories with being ill I've no appetite. I did have meatballs in tomato sauce with pasta last night, that was lovely and haven't had any effects from the eggs from yesterday yet so keeping my fingers crossed x

Lol... I had a sneaky one too and apparently I'm up 2lbs...lol..... ignore it.... completely disregard it amd don't do it again! Lol...
I always feel rubbish when I do and have now learnt that the results are much more pleasing when I stick to weeekly. My weigh on day in Monday morning so I'll see what thay says.
I've been under amd over my calorie allowance a couple of days, (over because of wine!!) But I did a step class last weds night and actually hurt myself so I figured I may be holding onto water... regardless there's no logical reason why I would have put on 2lbs between monday and Friday. ....therefore its being ignored and I've promised not to do it again! :)

I hope you didn't hurt yourself too much? I used to love step class, maybe once I've lost a bit of weight I can do more like that again (don't like exercising in public at the moment) I have a rower at home and I walk my 2 basset hounds every day. Need to up what I'm doing when I'm feeling a little better. Pinky promise no more sneaky weigh ins lol x

I think I've just got a bit of fluid of the knee... it was pretty intense! Lol..
Hey...daily weigh ins work for some, there are are really successful losers on here that weigh daily, but just not for me. I find it disappointing either way by the ed of the week.. I like to gey on an see a big loss! ;-)

I'm too disappointed if it doesnt show a loss, I've done daily weigh ins and I got obsessed to the point I nearly stopped eating just to try get a loss every day. Mad! So just the weekly weigh in now. Wish I could leave it a month and just get weighed at doctors but I need to know I'm doing ok and it's working. Think they would say I told you so if I fail and the doctor was twice as big as me x

Had a Hairy Dieters Smoked Paprika sauce pouch today, less than 100 cals for half and I think 1.9gm fat per 100. Really nice change although not cheap so won't be having it every night! Had it with chicken, rice and roasted veg. Yummy yummy x

Hi & welcome! Sounds like you're doing well. I'm a serial weigher & at the beginning i used to freak out all the time mid week but if you stick to it like you are it will work. Xen is what started me in the right direction & I'm nearly 8 stone lighter now even though at one point is gained over a stone back. It just teaches you the right way I eating. I rarely had 15g per meal often only 20g all day x

Had a Hairy Dieters Smoked Paprika sauce pouch today, less than 100 cals for half and I think 1.9gm fat per 100. Really nice change although not cheap so won't be having it every night! Had it with chicken, rice and roasted veg. Yummy yummy x

Do you have their cookbooks? They're brilliant for xen x

I don't have their cookbooks but I'm hunting them down! I was worried that I was ment to be having 15gm per meal and was probably only having that all day too but this site is my life saver at the moment so I'm not worried about that now. Not sure of this is normal but first few days I could go to the toilet fine, now nearly two weeks in and not so much! Was getting a lil uncomfortable so had some senokot last night.............6.30am and nothing yet lol . I must say that's not the problem I was worried about when starting this I was at the loo every 5 mins at work making sure I hadn't been tango'd! Lexie you are amazing, I have similar to your starting weight to lose, how long has the 8 stone taken you? I'm trying not to set myself unrealistic goals. Lost 8lbs in my first week and so far (even though I promised myself I wouldn't weigh I haven't lost anything) apart from being poorly so not eating much I have been well within the rules. I shall see what Friday brings though for my official wi x

I lost 7.5 stone in 14 months then gained 1st 5lb back which I then yoyo'd for over a year but am down again & at my lowest weight for 18 years. The HD books are normally cheap on book people. This site was a huge part in my success as people were so supportive as my Doc told me nothing! You can do it xx

Oh & constipation yep that was me for a fair while & people told me it was normal xx

Aleo vera juice (cranberry flavour is best) 2x 25 ml daily - Heath food shop
probiotic tablets, also pysilluan husks tablets helped me when I was struggling to go :) thought it was better than to keep using senakot

Or even apple cider vinegar (1tsp) in water 1st thing and last thing at night .. Using that at the moment while pregnant - as other wise I struggle with the loo :)

Back