40lbs by the 14th Feb

Saruk88

Silver Member
Hi all!

So, this is what I've proposed to myself this evening. 40lbs by Valentine's Day. Now, don't get me wrong - I'm totally losing weight for me and not for the fella, but in previous years, I've never made myself look really glam at Valentine's, I would just tend to put on a bit more lipgloss! ;-) but I've always found myself a bit jealous of my friends that purchase sexy underwear and slinky little dresses ... Me? I'm in Bridget Jones pants and leggings with a baggy top.

That's why I've come up with this challenge. It is just over 20 weeks until the 14th Feb which would equate to 2lbs a week - totally manageable and leaves a little room for indulgence at Christmas. And 40lbs would make us nearly 3 stone lighter, which I like the sound of.

I'm looking forward to this - I know others will totally destroy it but I'm trying to keep to the 2lb a week mark, and I feel this will give me a little extra motivation. I'm thinking as well that I'll put away some money for every stone I lose so that I can buy myself something nice when it arrives - whether it's a dress I actually feel comfortable in, make up, shoes or whatever, I reckon this'll spur me on too. I'm going to try for £50 for every stone, although this might not be possible!

Anybody who who wants to join me - please do! You don't need to have a Valentine ... But the time you're 3 stone lighter, you'll be too hot for anyone out there anyway ;-)

Saruk

Hi all! So, this is what I've proposed to myself this evening. 40lbs by Valentine's Day. Now, don't get me wrong - I'm totally losing weight for me and not for the fella, but in previous years, I've never made myself look really glam at Valentine's, I would just tend to put on a bit more lipgloss! ;-) but I've always found myself a bit jealous of my friends that purchase sexy underwear and slinky little dresses ... Me? I'm in Bridget Jones pants and leggings with a baggy top. That's why I've come up with this challenge. It is just over 20 weeks until the 14th Feb which would equate to 2lbs a week - totally manageable and leaves a little room for indulgence at Christmas. And 40lbs would make us nearly 3 stone lighter, which I like the sound of. I'm looking forward to this - I know others will totally destroy it but I'm trying to keep to the 2lb a week mark, and I feel this will give me a little extra motivation. I'm thinking as well that I'll put away some money for every stone I lose so that I can buy myself something nice when it arrives - whether it's a dress I actually feel comfortable in, make up, shoes or whatever, I reckon this'll spur me on too. I'm going to try for £50 for every stone, although this might not be possible! Anybody who who wants to join me - please do! You don't need to have a Valentine ... But the time you're 3 stone lighter, you'll be too hot for anyone out there anyway ;-) Saruk

I'll join you!!

Here we go.

Sauruk - starting xxxlbs - 40lbs - 0lbs lost
Sugarloaf - starting 233.5lbs - 40lbs - 0lbs lost

Currently 16st 9.5lbs

Fab idea! Love your motivation and the plan! You can sooooo smash this! Xx

Currently 16st 9.5lbs

Why not, im already aiming for 28lb before my birthday in January so an extra 12lb in 4 weeks between bday and v day could be do-able aswell, starting weight is 270lb!

Why not, im already aiming for 28lb before my birthday in January so an extra 12lb in 4 weeks between bday and v day could be do-able aswell, starting weight is 270lb!

CH - starting 270lbs - 40lbs - 0lbs lost

Lovely to have you on board! X

Currently 16st 9.5lbs

Whats everyones weigh days?

Mine is wednesday and I weighed in at 266 so -3lb :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi All,

I will also join I have started Cambridge SS today :)

xx

CH - starting 270lbs - 40lbs - 0lbs lost
Mishie089 - Starting 238.0 - 40lbs - 0lbs lost

Welcome hun x

Welcome. I weigh on Mondays. Try to be good over the weekend xx Currently 16st 9.2lbs

Hi All, I will also join I have started Cambridge SS today :) xx Sauruk - starting xxxlbs - 40lbs - 0lbs lost Sugarloaf - starting 233.5lbs - 40lbs - 0lbs lost CH - starting 270lbs - 40lbs - 0lbs lost Mishie089 - Starting 238.0 - 40lbs - 0lbs lost

Hi Mishie. We're the same weight. Will be interesting to see how much more you'll lose on the SS diet. Might kick me into trying it xx

Currently 16st 9.2lbs

What diet do you follow sugar cant see stats from phone? Im doing slimming world but not strictly

I tried that last year and it just wasnt working for me at all, probably because most of my calories were used for bad things lol

I tried that last year and it just wasnt working for me at all, probably because most of my calories were used for bad things lol Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Are you enjoying sw more hun? X

Currently 16st 8.2lbs

Ye I don't do it strictly I just follow some of the basics like cooking with frylight and try to eat more veg and fruit as I cant afford to pay for it to see what the actual syn values are I mostly use the 20cals is 1 syn rule, I lost a decent amount last time but piled it back on when I stopped watching what I was eating so hoping to keep at it this time

What stage are you on at the moment?

Sent from my LT26i using MiniMins.com mobile app

I couldn't recommend SS enough I lost 5 stone on it in 3 months when I did it 2 year ago prior to having my son, it's such an amazing diet x

I couldn't recommend SS enough I lost 5 stone on it in 3 months when I did it 2 year ago prior to having my son, it's such an amazing diet x

The amount of weight I have atm I would be too scared to lose that much so quickly, im hoping my body still has enough elasticity to pull all the skin back in nicely as I know I couldnt go through surgery, im too much of a wimp when it comes to hospitals lol

What kind of things do you eat on the ss plan?

You don't eat any normal food only the Cambridge products which are shakes, soups, porridge and bars which you have 3 or 4 a day. I personally only have 3. I find it a lot easier to stick to though as you don't have to worry about what you can and can't have and theres no points or anything to worry about, it's a no brainer diet that gives great results fast. When I did the diet last time I didn't have a problem with saggy skin x

Back