45 mile cycle ride

cybill

Gold Member
Hello,
I'm doing a 45 mile sponsored cycle ride on Sunday, for the Princes Trust, from Buckingham Palace to Windsor Castle. In my training over the summer I've been doing working solution (or just plain off track!) However, I'm back on TS this week, and wondering what I should do to help me get through the cycle ride. I'm thinking of taking some peperamis with my in my bag, to help my energy on the way. My colleagues are all taking energy drinks, 'gel shots', chocolate etc. I'm not sure it's going to help me to start adding sugar into the mix, but wondering what you think would be the best things to keep me going (preferably light, easy to eat!)

(And if you're feeling generous, click here to sponsor me, in aid of the Princes Trust)

Thanks in advance for any tips / suggestions!

cybill said:
Hello,
I'm doing a 45 mile sponsored cycle ride on Sunday, for the Princes Trust, from Buckingham Palace to Windsor Castle. In my training over the summer I've been doing working solution (or just plain off track!) However, I'm back on TS this week, and wondering what I should do to help me get through the cycle ride. I'm thinking of taking some peperamis with my in my bag, to help my energy on the way. My colleagues are all taking energy drinks, 'gel shots', chocolate etc. I'm not sure it's going to help me to start adding sugar into the mix, but wondering what you think would be the best things to keep me going (preferably light, easy to eat!)

(And if you're feeling generous, click here to sponsor me, in aid of the Princes Trust)

Thanks in advance for any tips / suggestions!

How about some baby bell mini cheeses? Some ham, fish or chicken with some salad? Hard boiled egg? I am getting excited now! You will need extra water too. You will need more than a pepperoni, It's easy digestible protein you will need I think.

GSQ

Ah, I hadn't thought of cheeses, that's a really good idea. Some mini baby bels, or those cheese strings, they would be easy to carry in my ruck sack. I'll be taking 3 litres of water with me, as I know I need to drink a lot! I think there will be places I can refill en route as well, if I need to.

I'm so excited to be doing this :)

Good luck with your bike ride Rachel, I hope all goes well and you enjoy it.

If you take cheese try the Applewood cheese sticks, they are a yummy smoked cheese.

Back