My yo yo life

Rach all that exercise will make you stiff, a little sore and so you retain water around your muscles. Give it a chance, you're doing great x

BinkyBonk said:
Thank you Tracy, I will start adding a smoothie a day again and look at ways to up my calories healthily as at the moment i am snacking to increase my calories up =/

:) it's usually best not to go too low. I aim for around 1,400 a day nowadays, but I do no exercise. :) xx

BinkyBonk said:
How do you eat healthy and keep your calories up if you don't mind me asking? x

I am having lots of salads and feeling really good and losing weight but am struggling to get my calories up and then have to snack and it is unhealthy stuff so feeling a bit frustrated =(

I don't eat particularly healthily, I'm afraid! Much better than I used to, but I have chocolate every day, and all my dinners are ready meals, lol. But if you do want to eat healthily, up your calories by eating some calorie dense things like nuts - almonds are very good - or cheese. Things that are higher in calories but sources of healthy fats, like avocado, maybe? Peanut butter? There are lots of things that are good for you but quite high in calories. :) xx

You are doing so well, i must not have to worry as much about what i am eating but on getting those calories higher x

I am more than happy to eat more cheese, I love cheese lol x

Thank you for your advice, I am looking online now to find ideas of ways to boost my intake as i want to keep losing and enjoy the exercise, I cant have ready meals and have to be careful with what i eat as i have a GF intolerance and can only have limited dairy, which is a pain x

Thanks ladies for all your kind words. I really appreciate it. It was just so disheartening when I stood on the scales. But I do have a habit of being very hard on myself anyway.

So I have decided to fast tomorrow. I know I had decided against it but I really need to and i just feel it will be good for me. But if I need to go up to 700 calories I will and I won't beat myself up about it. I will just take it as it comes.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Great plan....over the 12 stones I lost, there were some inexplicable weeks where I did loads of exercise and counted each calorie and was only having 800 cals and nothing happened ...for two weeks I didn't lose weight. Then the third week I lost 6lbs and the 4th 5lbs. Sometimes our bodies just do what they want, eventually the pounds have to drop.

I thibk fasting is the best course of action ir very low cal to kick your body into dropping the weight you obviously shoukd have lost. As far as healthy upping cals, I would say its not aboit having loads more cals but eating more food that's filling so you don't feel the urge to snack.

My best low cal filler uppers are sugar free jelly, 40 cals for a huge bowl, topped with ww yoghurt. I feel so full after a big bowl. Options hot choc for any choc cravings only 40 cals. Laughing cow cheese triangles 15 cals with crispbreads . Strawberries and yoghurt, fixes a sweet craving. The other thing is high protein, if you snack on rolls of ham or add an egg to salads, its so much more filling. Generally I find the more protein the better fulfilled I am.

Anyway that's what works for me, you're doing brilliantly and your attitude is great, definitely just attack it even more and don't give up. This time next week I bet you have a big smile on your face xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Great plan....over the 12 stones I lost, there were some inexplicable weeks where I did loads of exercise and counted each calorie and was only having 800 cals and nothing happened ...for two weeks I didn't lose weight. Then the third week I lost 6lbs and the 4th 5lbs. Sometimes our bodies just do what they want, eventually the pounds have to drop.

I thibk fasting is the best course of action ir very low cal to kick your body into dropping the weight you obviously shoukd have lost. As far as healthy upping cals, I would say its not aboit having loads more cals but eating more food that's filling so you don't feel the urge to snack.

My best low cal filler uppers are sugar free jelly, 40 cals for a huge bowl, topped with ww yoghurt. I feel so full after a big bowl. Options hot choc for any choc cravings only 40 cals. Laughing cow cheese triangles 15 cals with crispbreads . Strawberries and yoghurt, fixes a sweet craving. The other thing is high protein, if you snack on rolls of ham or add an egg to salads, its so much more filling. Generally I find the more protein the better fulfilled I am.

Anyway that's what works for me, you're doing brilliantly and your attitude is great, definitely just attack it even more and don't give up. This time next week I bet you have a big smile on your face xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank you so much. I have recently started having the sugar free jelly again. I love it. My new discovery is the liberte yogurts I love them, very filling. I need to get back to some of my old habits from when I was losing weight. Which did include high protein foods. I am so grateful for your tips hun. I will gladly listen to all advice :) xx

Feeling positive again now. I can do this. Xx

So is it better to eat healthy and be under calories or add snacks and meet calories each day? X

I am happy and full with what I am eating but then am having to eat more calories through snacks to meet my calories :(

Best for long-term health and sustainability of losses to not go below 1,200 a day net of exercise. :) xx

So far so good. Not had anything to eat yet and don't feel too bad either. Might go for a walk in a bit. Then do the shopping, that should pass a bit of time.

Planned food so far is

Tea : ww ocean pie with mushrooms, peppers and carrots.

Bovril drink.

Still have 300 calories left so will either have something for supper or after my walk, depends how I feel. Will definitely be an early night tonight either way :)

Back