5:2 diet / Johnsons up and down days

Hi all, Ive been attempting to do up and down days until i completely fell off the wagon a couple of weeks ago. I was planning on going back onto Exante or CD but dont think I can do it to be honest!! So I was wondering if anyone has tried the 5:2 diet but in reverse, so 500cals for 5 days and then normal diet for 2?? I dont know if it will work coz im not sure how the body will take to it etc and i dont wana struggle through doing it and then be really disappointment when theres no big weight loss!!

I am really really struggling with what to do, i just have no staying power at all and all I want is to fit into my clothes and look nice for my hubby!!

HELP!

Hey :) i don't know how it would turn out,I'd imagine you will lose, but I personally wouldn't do it, eatin so many low days will take u into ketosis then u will be going back out for 2 days then have to go into ketosis all over again and so on... Lots of headaches and feeling rubbish I'd imagine!

I have 2 weeks left of my s&s packs and I'll be using them for 5:2, why not give juddd another try, whatever diet u choose ur head has got to be in it 100% xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I really wouldn't do 5:2 in reverse - it could easily leave you starved of vital nutrients. The benefit of CD/LL etc is that they are nutritionally balanced. Why don't you try 4:3 - four days normal eating, three days at a quarter of your usual intake? There's less danger of malnutrition that way, p-lus you are less likely to go into starvation mode. I've been doing that and have lost 5lbs in a fortnight.

Back