5:2 IF with a ketogenic lifestyle - any successes?

noodles1609

Having a very lovely life
Hi Everyone

My first posting on this forum so I'll give you a brief background. I've been doing Slim and Save for around 7 months or so with periods of general low carbing. When I've come off plan and returned to eating carbs, I've felt terrible - I've narrowed this down in the main to wheat based carbs, but also I can no longer tolerate the taste of many sugars. I'm researching how I can best maintain my losses by adopting a low carb lifestyle, but I would still like to shift a little more weight, another stone or perhaps two.

To acheive this I'm considering following a ketogenic plan in the main, but with 2 fasting days. Given the lack of hunger whilst in ketosis I think this will be fairly straightfoward to follow - I'm wondering if anyone else has followed this kind of plan, and if so, what do your fasting days look like, and have you had success with weight loss?

I'm keenest to develop a regular exercise habit to help tone the end results of rapid weight loss on S&S, which is why I don't want to stay with vlcd to target at this point. Any advice from others in a similar situation would be very much appreciated :)

I've just started low carbing on JUDDD. I lost 5lb in 3 days when I stopped eating carbs which was probably water weight but I was pleased :) I find it easier to stop snacking on rubbish if I've had a decent amount of protein and I'm never that hungry either. If you look on the diary section there are a few of us doing primal or low carb and having good losses. Kudos for having done S & S and your fabulous weight loss. I've was going to do it to shift the last stone quickly and the packs came today and they are - in my view- truly revolting!

Last edited:
I found the same - if I eat wheat items I suffer stomach aches, and sugar gives me a dizzy feeling and triggers cravings .. I use Tirana coconut nectar sugar - which doesn't trigger anything - it's great in baking too - switched my kids over to it ;) they don't taste any difference !

I do fasting along side primal WOE

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

I have a mild wheat intolerance but I'm noticing eating wheat after a fast day might be upsetting my stomach a bit so going to watch that. I generally only have healthy carbs anyway after low carbed before

Back